PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Programs.

WLAN56
08-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Do any of you computer users know of a Good Calendar Program. I currently use MS Works Calendar and like most features. Main dislike is the small font used for appointments and the lack of being able to color code various entries,. i.e. red = doctors, green = etc. Also like the banner display MS uses for events covering several days. Easier to tell that you have an ongoing event during that period and don't accidentally plan something else. Most of the stuff I've looked at on-line lean toward putting pictures and all the other frilly stuff on the calendar. Anyone else have something good for tracking appointment, etc. You all know how busy we can be here in TV (Adult Disneyland) :)

rjrex
08-20-2008, 04:43 PM
I have used "Calendar Creator" for several years. I go to EBAY and buy the first past edition. Cost very little but is not the latest/greatest. It would seem to fulfill your desires.

uujudy
08-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Do any of you computer users know of a Good Calendar Program. I currently use MS Works Calendar and like most features. Main dislike is the small font used for appointments and the lack of being able to color code various entries,. i.e. red = doctors, green = etc. Also like the banner display MS uses for events covering several days. Easier to tell that you have an ongoing event during that period and don't accidentally plan something else. Most of the stuff I've looked at on-line lean toward putting pictures and all the other frilly stuff on the calendar. Anyone else have something good for tracking appointment, etc. You all know how busy we can be here in TV (Adult Disneyland) :)

WLAN, the online Google Calendar works great -- but only if you don't absolutely HAVE to have color-coding for different events. The best part is that you can share your calendar with other people, so everybody's events show up on the same calendar. I do this with my hubby and my daughter, so we all know what everybody else is doing. They have their own colors. People can be color-coded, but not events. You can also add as much information as you want for each event. If you're having a bbq you can share the party information with your guest list and keep track of who is coming. And best of all -- It's FREE. :bigthumbsup:

(You do have to set up a Google email address to use the calendar, but you don't have to use it)

WLAN56
08-20-2008, 07:01 PM
rjrex - I'll take another look at Calendar Creator. I think that I down-loaded a free trial and found that I had different colors for some events, but I couldn't create my own events. I might be able to live with that. Also lacked the banner for multi-day events but could most likely live with that also. Will look again if nothing better comes up.

uujudy - Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't like to put anymore personal info on-line then I have to. I see you have been from Toledo and Maumee. I've got relatives in both places dating way back. Do you know any "Draheim's" or "Grams"?

rjrex
08-20-2008, 07:30 PM
I think I paid $10.00 for my EBAY version. All kind of color options on events. Multiple day events are referred to as "repeats".

We have entered all family events, like birthdays and such. The birthday is incremented each year, so next year my birth anniversary will read 69 th birthday. NEAT.

uujudy
08-20-2008, 08:12 PM
uujudy - ... I see you have been from Toledo and Maumee. I've got relatives in both places dating way back. Do you know any "Draheim's" or "Grams"?

Sorry, WLAN. We moved from the Toledo/Maumee area when I was 15. The only "Gram" I knew was my own ;)