PDA

View Full Version : Volunteers and Services

renielarson
08-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Add your post here so we can establish a list of people wanting to be involved with Helping Hands. Include what services you are able to provide.

I am not a permanent resident but can offer to help you locate people in The Villages who can fulfill your request.

I am a public school teacher who has been fingerprinted and drug tested assuring you of a criminal and drug free background.

Rokinronda
08-20-2008, 05:20 PM
I was a "Carekeeper" (great non medical care company) up north with a clean background check and references. I did 24 hour care for an alzheimer patient and helped a lady that had a hip replaced. I have been bonded and insured in the past when working at a bank. I also have a "Villager" reference for respite care. I love to chat and keep company. I love to cook and I would be happy to run errands or sit with a spouse while the other golfs. Helping others is so rewarding!! Please if you know of someone in need, Helping Hands are here at TOTV!! References available!!

chelsea24
08-21-2008, 01:13 AM
Hi, my name is Chelsea. I took care of my Dad for about 20 years so I am familar with the many problems people and their family members can go through.

I am available for grocery shopping, drives to the doctor, giving a family member a break to get away for a couple of hours, writing letters or making calls, little odds and end jobs.

I am not a medical person, but if you need a Helping Hand, please pm me.

Herb
08-21-2008, 01:55 AM
AS of 9/1 I can do simple driving errands

redwitch
08-21-2008, 02:16 AM
I can run errands, fix a meal or two, help straighten up your house and yard, take your pets for a walk. I'm bonded and insured through my business.

Sandy222
08-21-2008, 02:19 AM
I could help out with any of the daily activities that need to be done. Shopping, cooking, cleaning or just pleasant conversation. What a great feeling to help others .

Village Kid 2
08-21-2008, 02:35 AM
I'll be happy to give rides to doctor appointments, do errands, give caregivers some time, or just talk. I was caregiver for my parents and other family members who have been ill and was glad to have done so.

VK2

KathieI
08-21-2008, 02:56 AM
Add your post here so we can establish a list of people wanting to be involved with Helping Hands. Include what services you are able to provide.

I am not a permanent resident but can offer to help you locate people in The Villages who can fulfill your request.

I am a public school teacher who has been fingerprinted and drug tested assuring you of a criminal and drug free background.

Hi, I'm KathieI and I have been a caregiver to my Pop for the past 25 years and he's alive and kicking at 92, so I must be doing a good job. I'll do anything that is needed, especially driving, cooking, light clean up, dog walking, pet sitting, just being a general gal friday.

Unlike Bright, I am on drugs, but unfortunately not the fun ones... more medical necessities, oh poo!!

Bright, I need that muzzle x 3 for the bratty schnauzers, can I borrow it?

Donna
08-21-2008, 03:00 AM
I have been a Paramedic since 1993, I can assist with medical necessities... My certification is current, and I can transfer it to Florida..

I am not there full time yet, but I am willing to help when called..

graciegirl
08-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi. I am GracieGirl and we will be there from November through March.

I can help by cooking and straightening things and anything else that comes to mind. I don't have a current clearance that says I am an honest person but I taught peoples' children for 25 years and not a one went missing although I loved them all and wanted to take home every one of them. (They were all four year olds)

My husband (Sweetie) is a great guy and he says to mention that he can help too.

samhass
08-21-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm Sam and am fairly reputable. I sat on the school board and ran a couple of corporations.
I'm a fair cook and can find my way to drug stores and doctors offices with little supervision. Unlike what you have read elsewhere on this site, I do not do windows. I can tell a flower from a weed. I will help in any way I can.

Gracie you look amazing with your new do!!!

villages07
08-21-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm 007, a retired Fed with a Secret Clearance, so I guess I'm trustworthy (not a spy, just a bureaucrat). I can do errands and simple stuff (not much of a cook or cleaner) and help with computer problems.

beady
08-21-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm Beady.
I am available for errands, , cooking ,weeding etc. I was involved with Meals on Wheels in the past , and ran errands for a 90 year old neighbor for 5 years.

renielarson
08-24-2008, 10:25 PM
Bump

islandgal
08-25-2008, 10:53 AM
I would love to help with running errands, grocery shopping, etc. and
driving to doctor's offices and drug stores, whatever is needed except cooking and cleaning.

I was a house sitter and pet sitter for twelve years before moving here. References available.

Peazoup
08-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Me too. Count me in. I'm not there yet, having a few more weeks before I retire. I will be ready, willing and able in the New Year to help out anywhere I can. I've also posted my willingness to help on the other forum for TOTVers who are in need of help.
Sue

Blondie
08-25-2008, 07:56 PM
I would be happy to help any person who is in need of some assistance. I will be in TV in September and October, and God wiling, full time by next Spring.

I am a psychologist who surely does not have all the answers, but I am a good listener who cares about others. I can drive folks to appointments, stores or other necessary places or run errands.

MD Blondie

Barefoot
08-25-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm a snowbird from Canada, in TV from October through April each year. I'm lousy at cooking and cleaning, but I do have a special interest in palliative care. I love all animals without reservation and can assist with pet care. I also enjoy reading to people.

Hopefully, Chels, Beady, Kiddo and Samhass will vouch for me.

When I'm in TV, I'd love to help.

tony
08-27-2008, 01:24 PM
I may have been mistaken about this Helping Hand stuff, and this thread.

You will notice that I have removed maybe a couple dozen posts here of entirely off-topic play. There are many areas in Talk of The Villages for play. This section of the forum is deadly serious. If it is not, please inform me. I will remove it.

It you want this to be a forum to help people, then keep it on topic -- strictly on topic. Otherwise it will be deleted.

ilvgolf
08-29-2008, 12:58 AM
I know a lady who is in a wheelchair (she can stand but not for very long). She is totally alone (well, she does have a very very sweet dog who is her companion). She has no friends because she doesn't get out much (she has a van with a lift and drives herself to the doctor) but she really really really could use just someone (besides me) to maybe just drop by, chat, maybe accompany her places, and, she also needs a reliable person to clean her house on a regular basis (she is willing to pay for it - and can.) If anyone might be interested please send me an e-mail and perhaps we can all help her. She does have four boys but none of them live nearby. thanks. Monica

KathieI
09-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi, Monica,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I was in the process of moving to TV and was on the road for about a week.

Does this lady like to play cards or dominoes? She sounds exactly like the type of person we would like to help out. I would very much like to drop by to see her and keep her company in places she would like to venture to. I might be able to bring my Dad as he is a very fun-loving guy and she might enjoy chatting with him too. Please PM me her name, if you can, or I can work through you to meet with her. I'm in TV now so am readily available to help. Thanks, good post... KathieI

Rokinronda
09-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I PM'd Monica last week and haven't heard from her. Monica?

jojo
09-08-2008, 12:37 AM
My mother lives with me. She is in good physical and mental health. However, most weeks I am gone about three to four days. My brother-in-law lives in the north part of The Villages and my next door neighbors have offered to be there if she needs help. However, when I left this afternoon my neighbors on both sides and across the street are gone. Would like to giver her a couple additional names to call who would be close to Amelia.

Cassie325
09-08-2008, 12:53 AM
My mother lives with me. She is in good physical and mental health. However, most weeks I am gone about three to four days. My brother-in-law lives in the north part of The Villages and my next door neighbors have offered to be there if she needs help. However, when I left this afternoon my neighbors on both sides and across the street are gone. Would like to giver her a couple additional names to call who would be close to Amelia.

We have friends that live in Amelia....she works only 12 hours a week and used to work as a companion for our home care company....she is wonderful!! I am sure she would agree to be available in emergencies....send me a PM and let me know....also even though I work....I work from home and most of the time have flexable hours...while I wouldn't be able to come sit with mom....I would be more than happy to be on the list for emergencies....and worries....

I would also suggest getting her one those emergency call system buttons....seems to be a big need here....we will be calling our contacts this week to make sure we have their information on hand for everyone!! Will keep you posted!

KathieI
09-08-2008, 02:42 AM
JoJo, I think you have my phone number, but I'll pm it again.

I live in Hadley, and will be very happy to look in on her if you need it. Sending pm now...

Kath

renielarson
09-08-2008, 03:08 AM
This thread is only in its infancy and it's off to a good start.

Makes me feel good to see people volunteering to help out.

Only wish I were in TV to offer my help, too. Next summer I will be...am looking forward to it.

Hyacinth Bucket
10-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Question - is this a thread where people advertise there services on or is this a thread that is strictly for volunteers?

HB

Hyacinth Bucket
10-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Hi, I would be more than happy to help in anyway I can when we are in TV. Like some others who have mentioned it - I also have clearance from the FBI.

I am also a volunteer on three Critical Incident Stress Management/Debriefing teams.

Have done Hospice work and been active in other ways of helping people.

I think this is an excellent thread and Bright thank you so much for starting this thread.

To me, this thread is what us Peeps and Sistah's and Brudah's are all about. Being there for each other - in the good times and bad times.

Love ya all - you are the cream of the Peeps.

HB

drdodge
10-18-2008, 08:42 AM
willing to do small projects, honey do lists

drd
drdodgee@gmail.com

JoC
10-22-2008, 08:48 AM
I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I'm looking for someone who knows how to sew to make a skirt for me (I don't think my usual staples would work for this). I'm not looking for a volunteer, but someone who would charge for their work and expertise. Thanks.

LargoLynne
12-29-2008, 11:37 PM
I enjoyed KathieI's reply. I, too, am available to help out where needed. No medical background, but can drive, do some foodshopping, visit, help with medical insurance claims :cus: Worked for the same Fortune 200 company for over 17 years, have been in TV for 2 years & have personal references. (what is PM?)

mnchshadow
06-11-2009, 01:31 PM
PM personal message