PDA

View Full Version : prospective villager still has questions

jinker
08-26-2008, 02:23 AM
1. Where have the sinkholes occurred besides the one mentioned near Pimlico Rec Center?
2. Where are the sewer treatment facilities that were also mentioned?

I really appreciate all of the dialogue that I have received to my questions? I am eager to relocate, but can't just yet. With all of your help, when I am able to buy, I'll be well informed and able to make a quick decision on a home.

samhass
08-26-2008, 02:28 AM
I believe there was a sinkhole in Winifred.

jeffy
08-26-2008, 03:20 AM
Sink holes in Winifred where Winifred Way makes the sharp right turn.

I normally smell the sewage (when in golf cart or car with windows down) on Camino Real just east of Village of Alahambra and on Buena Vista near Liberty Park Village and Bacall golf course.

chuckinca
08-26-2008, 04:04 AM
In our town in Norcal there is a regional wastewater treatment plant (aka, a REALLY BIG SH*T PLANT) near the bay. The plant is next to a closed dump site.

Right next to this not so nice smelling place, five years ago a developer put in about 200 each $1 Mil plus homes (probably down to $800 K now) and they sold like hot cakes.

jadebox
08-26-2008, 01:07 PM
I live in Alhambra and have never smelled any bad odors. We do live up toward Savanna Center so are not too close. This is a very quiet village because by car there is only one way in and out. That means no through traffic and a gate guard 24 hours a day. By golf cart there are two ways. Downside is that we only have ranches and patio villas here.

tkret
08-26-2008, 02:55 PM
I live in Alhambra and have never smelled any bad odors. We do live up toward Savanna Center so are not too close. This is a very quiet village because by car there is only one way in and out. That means no through traffic and a gate guard 24 hours a day. By golf cart there are two ways. Downside is that we only have ranches and patio villas here.

Hello Hope2bforever, although I am not a Villager, yet, I have been in Alhambra a number of times and you are right that it is very quiet and nice. Do you find it inconvenient to get to the pool and are golf cars still allowed to cross the road or must they proceed to the tunnel and then back again. I know that about a year ago there was some talk that the golf cars would be prohibited from crossing the road. Thank you.

jadebox
08-26-2008, 03:53 PM
You can go thru the light on the cart and no plans to change that. It is about 2 minutes by cart to Savanna Sport pool and five minutes to El Santiago family pool. Spanish Springs is 3 miles and LSL 6 miles. Glenview CC is just up the street. Love it here!!!