PDA

View Full Version : We are coming down to take a look around

reilleysmom
09-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Hi everyone, My husband and I have heard such great things about The Villages that we are coming down to take a look. He is 64 and I am 49 and very interested in all the activities that are offered. We would like to stay at least a week in November. Should we rent on our own or go with the realtors? $100 to $150 a night seems steep to me even though I guess they throw in a few meals. Let me know what you all think. Thanks in advance.

Cassie325
09-02-2008, 03:05 PM
You really should do the lifestyle preview....that is your best deal....and it will give you the best chance at learning all about The Villages....

anyone else agree?

Russ_Boston
09-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Agree Cassie - It may be 75-150 per night based on availability but the extras you get almost make it a break even. Do a search on this site for 'preview' and see what others have said. Just the meals alone will save you $50-100 per day, then add in any free golf and you have a winner.

Weekly rentals other than preview are tough to find in November. There are a few hotels on site but that doesn't provide the real 'experience'.

graciegirl
09-02-2008, 03:33 PM
It was worth every penny of the money for the lodging. We were given, as everyone is, luxurious accommodations, in our case a whole beautifully decorated designer home. Three bedrooms, the works. Ahh but my dear that is just the beginning. I WASN'T GOING TO LIKE IT IN TV. Have someone else drink the water for you if you don't want to come back and come back and come back..................... :bigthumbsup: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :) ;)

Cassie325
09-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Now I want to hear more Gracie....was it your hubby's idea to come down here for the visit....you said you WERE NOT going to like it? Now you are here!!! FOREVER!!

shighsmi
09-02-2008, 04:14 PM
My wife and I liked it so much ,We purchased our retirement home before both of us retired. Truly the Lifestyle Preview is worth every penny. We stayed at the cottages in Lake Sumter. Beautiful!! We purchased a home and have not regretted it. We have not been able to get down as often as we would like. Will be there two weeks in Nov. Good Luck. Steve and Carol Highsmith

reilleysmom
09-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Thanks everyone, I am going to call and book a week right now!

Cassie325
09-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Let us know when you are coming!!

JohnN
09-02-2008, 05:05 PM
between the meals and the activities, it's a fabulous deal to go the Lifestyle Preview

njgranny
09-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Oh, yes.

The Lifestyle preview is well worthwhile. We had such a good time, met and talked with wonderful people, had great meals, tooled around in the golf cart, and on and on.

Be sure to take the trolley ride.

Jan

pqrstar
09-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Does the lifestyle preview include a free ride from the Orlando airport or do you have to pay for The Villages shuttle bus trip?

Cassie325
09-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Does the lifestyle preview include a free ride from the Orlando airport or do you have to pay for The Villages shuttle bus trip?

Probably not....but we will come get you for $10 less then what you pay them...

;D ;D ;D ;D

njgranny
09-02-2008, 11:53 PM
We rented a car and drove up to TV.

johudd
09-03-2008, 01:43 AM
We came down in June for 3 nights (not enough time) rented a car - cheaper than the shuttle.

Niels
09-03-2008, 03:25 AM
We came down in July and rented a car rather than taking the shuttle. We used the car several times during our stay when we were going outside The Villages (we did that twice), traveling a long distance in The Villages or got tired of driving the golf cart in the pouring rainstorms.

tankdvr1950
09-03-2008, 11:15 AM
my wife and i had out first lifestyle visit in February (4 nights) and are counting the days (21) to our next visit for 6 nights. Could not agree more with the other posters...the lifestyle visit is the way to go.

For our last and our upcoming visit, we rented a car to get to/from TV.....that way we controlled our arrival/departure rather than having to live with the shuttle schedule.

One recommendation.....in our humble opinion....when/if you have your liftstyle visit, rent a golf cart while you are there......we loved every minute in ours (even getting soaked in a rain storm).....TV is a "golf cart" community and in our opinion....renting one adds to the experience and is the only way to really get the complete feel of being a Villager.

Enjoy!!!

colleenj
09-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I agree that the lifestyle preview is the way to go. Definitely go on the trolley ride (you get a better "lay of the land"). Even if you rent a car to get here, rent a golf cart for a day or two and just ride around. Invest the $5 in a Villages Map (they can be purchased at the Mercantile stores in either town square) and ride around. Even though I bought a house on my lifestyle preview (found a great one I couldn't pass up) I make a point to take a ride and "get lost" each time I come down to stay for a while. It is a great way to see where roads lead, what the characteristics of the various neighborhoods are and if you rent a golf cart, you are paying for the gas so might as well use as much of the tank up as you can :)

linandvin
09-19-2008, 07:36 PM
We have been there once so far for the preview and will return on Oct. 18th weekend to see the antique car club. We hear it is very active. We also have friends previewing in December. Heard a lot and want to check it out. I'd also like to inquire about health care and possible teaching jobs, just in case I want to work while my husband plays with his cars.

Donna
09-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Probably not....but we will come get you for $10 less then what you pay them...

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cass..That might be an offer I just can't pass up..:pepper2::coolsmiley:

LovinItAtTheVillages
09-20-2008, 09:33 AM
hey Donna...(reilleysmom)
sure hope you love the Villages

Look forward to getting to know you better

We wont be down till Nov 19th

Let me know how you liked it

Hugz........Lana

Donna
09-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Hi Lana,

I love The Villages, we have had a house here 4 years, and every time we go, gets better and better..Wish we could have met!:sad: There is always next time..

Hope you have a great time in November:a040: