PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup

Muncle
09-21-2008, 05:08 PM
What a weekend!!!!!!

It is so, so refreshing to see extremely highly paid athletes playing for something more important than money, totally enjoying it, and coming across like true gentlemen, win or lose. Phil was just interviewed and all he could talk about were his teammates and how happy he was, despite his less than stellar performance. Sergio got his clock cleaned and was pure class in his interviews. Boo even said this was better than hunting.

If only other pro athletes were more like these guys.

USA USA USA USA USA and a couple OLE OLE OLE OLE

schotzyb
09-21-2008, 05:20 PM
It was unbelievable!! Truly a great day in sports!!!!

Peachie
09-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Muncle, I am so happy you began this thread. The sportsmanship and level of competitiveness was excellent! I spent way too much time watching that darn match this weekend but it was the best TV I've watched in ages. My only regret is the fact that hubby and I couldn't watch it in person, I would love to attend a live Ryder Cup match. It was a great distraction....:pepper2:

bogart
09-21-2008, 06:19 PM
I totally agree! I'm now having a terrible time watching the football game. The Ryder Cup was the best!

kyblue
09-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Another thing GOOD happening in Kentucky

Kentucky Wildcats
Kentucky Derby
Kentucky Rider Cup

Azinger was smart getting the Ky guys in there.

chacam
09-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Best golf we have ever seen ! !

Just Susan
09-21-2008, 07:14 PM
The golf was great. I love watching the shots the pro's can make, but I love even more, the strategy involved in match play...example Kim vs Sergio.

Yeaaa USA! We finally won the Ryder Cup! Been a long time. I think the last time we won was in '99.

zcaveman
09-21-2008, 07:46 PM
I also enjoyed it very much. And while I hate to say it, I am glad Tiger was not there. It allowed us to see all of the golfers without being distracted by the announcers harping on his pluses and minuses and the cameras following his every move.

I think that this was one of the better Ryder Cups that I have watched - regardless that the Americans finally won the cup again. GO USA!! We got to see some new talent doing their absolute best. :pepper2::pepper2::pepper2:

Peachie
09-21-2008, 09:01 PM
I personally missed watching Tiger play, he is a terrific golfer. I've always enjoy watching the Ryder Cup tournament and if it's not Tiger being featured, it's someone else. I think Boo grabbed much of the limelight and I think the broadcasters were really ready to feature Phil Mickelson more but it wasn't his turn to shine this time. I wonder if Lee Westwood is home consoling himself yet? Geeez, I was surprised he complained and more or less indicated he didn't like playing in the USA. I think Sergio took a lot more heat from the crowd than anyone and he was very gracious and a great sport.

TallerTrees
09-21-2008, 09:52 PM
It was great watching USA win after all this time. I really missed watching Tiger as well, but a win is a win and we'll take it.

Maybe next year, Tiger can enjoy another win and bring the streak to this side of the pond.

colleenj
09-22-2008, 05:15 PM
I enjoyed watching the matches. Although I think Tiger has proved he is the best in the world, it was fun to watch everyone else. I thought that graciousness and sportmanship was displayed by both sides- something not necessarily seen in pro sports today (guess that's why I like golf so much!). Boo was a hoot- I was happy to see JB Holmes and Kenny Perry play so well in front of their "home crowd" - what an incredible week it must have been for the entire team.

Russ_Boston
09-23-2008, 06:25 AM
First - The Ryder Cup is the best action on pro sports IMHO. I just like to see it close even if the Euros win. The shot making was incredible.

Second - Lee Westwood - While he will go down in history as a very good player, he will never be considered one of the best. He chooses to play almost entirely in Europe (except for the majors and WGC events) and while he has that right he would need to prove it in the US on the best tour in the world before he achieved GREAT status. Tony Jacklin, in a recent interview on XM golf, said that his biggest regret was not playing on the US tour. He felt he never achieved his golf goals by staying primarily in Europe. Sergio knows where the action is!