PDA

View Full Version : The Chicken Has Left the Coop

TheVillageChicken
11-09-2015, 01:10 PM
http://www.free-range.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/rip-chicken.gif

graciegirl
11-09-2015, 01:20 PM
http://www.free-range.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/rip-chicken.gif
Please don't act like you are leaving. You are so needed here for so many reasons. You have good sense and you are smart aleck enough to be clever but not hateful, ever. And I think you are close to being about as grown up as I am. I love your politics and I honor your military career. Do not let me stand here and sound like I am eulogizing you when I have never met you.

Do not go. You are good people.

Taltarzac725
11-09-2015, 01:22 PM
Bring the chicken back as the Chick-Fil-A cows say! Chick fil A Cow Pictures & Images | Chick fil A Cow Gallery (http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Cows/Gallery) Cow Campaign - Eat Mor Chikin | Chick-fil-A (http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Cows/Campaign-History)

CFrance
11-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Unsure as to what the OP means. I hope it isn't anything health related.

bagboy
11-09-2015, 02:43 PM
///

TheVillageChicken
11-09-2015, 03:08 PM
To be fair, I offer this addendum:

thevillagechicken was a persona created by a real person. At first, the chicken only talked as the chicken, a smartass fowl, and the real person continued to talk as the real person, a wise and gentle soul, but, eventually and as I now realize, inevitably, the lines between the real person and the chicken became blurred and the real person stopped talking at all. Not being strong enough to control the chicken, the real person decided to kill the chicken before it completed the process of taking over the real person's body, mind, and soul. Sometimes, you just gotta do what you gotta do even if it means writing super long sentences. On the menu tonight......chicken stew. I may shoot the rooster comb into my knees.

Taltarzac725
11-09-2015, 03:22 PM
To be fair, I offer this addendum:

thevillagechicken was a persona created by a real person. At first, the chicken only talked as the chicken, a smartass fowl, and the real person continued to talk as the real person, a wise and gentle soul, but, eventually and as I now realize, inevitably, the lines between the real person and the chicken became blurred and the real person stopped talking at all. Not being strong enough to control the chicken, the real person decided to kill the chicken before it completed the process of taking over the real person's body, mind, and soul. Sometimes, you just gotta do what you gotta do even if it means writing super long sentences. On the menu tonight......chicken stew. I may shoot the rooster comb into my knees.

Some told me I am in Cloud Cuckoo Land going by your current location you have got that too! Many times when I lived in Palm Harbor from 1996-2005. I was seeing numbers I thought meant something from 1995 onward. Outbreak (1995) - Rotten Tomatoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/outbreak/)

Glad you are whole so to speak.

rubicon
11-09-2015, 03:33 PM
I seem to have entered the land of argots....or what the heck are you talking about?:D

Nucky
11-09-2015, 03:57 PM
I seem to have entered the land of argots....or what the heck are you talking about?:D

Me to! Interested but lost. It's me no doubt.

Taltarzac725
11-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Sometimes circumstances require you to become something else.

I used to take Amber around the Red Lion Inn in Rohnert Park, CA where they would sometimes have movie star and production crew trailers looking for help with the Herculean tasks some Law Librarians had thrown at me in 1992 like the Law Librarian of Congress M. Kathleen Price who had been the Law Librarian at the University of Minnesota for much of the time I was a student at their Law School. Also while I worked at the University of Minnesota Law Library.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/taltarzac725/She%20needs%20a%20drink%20001_zpsn1a4iyin.jpg (http://s89.photobucket.com/user/taltarzac725/media/She%20needs%20a%20drink%20001_zpsn1a4iyin.jpg.html )

She had written me a letter (August 5, 1992 or thereabouts-- its on my Taltarzac725 Photobucket array-- telling me that victims/survivors' practical information were all well and good but that it would take the collective actions of all law libraries to address the problem. I had her written much earlier her trying to get her to help break a blacklist for employment in any law library. I had heard inklings of this blacklist being on me from the Summer of 1991 through the Summer of 1992.

I had thought that some of the people in Hollywood would be interested in blacklists of this type and in breaking them. Or, at least, in creatively putting a spotlight on such despicable practices.

Sometimes you have to development a personality to deal with what life throws at you.

That's Amber above in the Rohnert Park, CA house which was just across a Fairway from the Red Lion Inn. 1995's Outbreak was filmed in that area but I cannot say if I ever talked to any of those movie people around the Red Lion Inn as I would just walk my dog around there. I never recognized anyone famous while out walking the dog around the golf course.

Boomer
11-09-2015, 05:21 PM

dbussone
11-09-2015, 06:03 PM
Did someone lace my dinner with LSD? At first I thought VC was going "free range." But now I'm not sure about anything.

tomwed
11-09-2015, 06:03 PM
////

Taltarzac725
11-09-2015, 07:10 PM
Everybody that's been here knows that you are a good person who tries to make us laugh and give us some insight.
If you, the good person, needs someone to talk to there are many of us that are here for you. Just think of it as payback for all the people you helped and you entertained on TOTV.

You should come pet some dogs at the Villages' area dog parks. Believe me, it really helps a lot. So many of them like chicken too.

tomwed
11-09-2015, 07:33 PM
You should come pet some dogs at the Villages' area dog parks. Believe me, it really helps a lot. So many of them like chicken too.
I don't know what to think, say or do.

Topspinmo
11-09-2015, 08:02 PM
What happen? Has some relatives " come home to roost" :beer3:

redwitch
11-09-2015, 09:49 PM
I are seriously confused.

Taltarzac725
11-09-2015, 10:10 PM
I don't know what to think, say or do.

Just saying being with pets helps quite a bit when down if that is the case with TheVillagesChicken.

dbussone
11-09-2015, 10:23 PM
VC - so many of us will miss you

Taltarzac725
11-09-2015, 10:24 PM
VC - so many of us will miss you

I do agree with that. :spoken:

CFrance
11-10-2015, 12:02 AM
Did someone lace my dinner with LSD? At first I thought VC was going "free range." But now I'm not sure about anything.
:eclipsee_gold_cup: Best post of the thread!

Taltarzac725
11-10-2015, 08:44 AM

No sign of VC since yesterday. I hope he does not disappear like Villages PL.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/members/villages-pl-26758/

CFrance
11-10-2015, 08:57 AM
No sign of VC since yesterday. I hope he does not disappear like Villages PL.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/members/villages-pl-26758/
Villages PL, or VPL, as we called him.

Taltarzac725
11-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Villages PL, or VPL, as we called him.

VPL. Thanks CFrance.

rubicon
11-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Trying to delve into this pedantic post- apocalyptic thread is like chasing alice down the rabbit hole . I'm done here

Taltarzac725
11-10-2015, 01:24 PM
Trying to delve into this pedantic post- apocalyptic thread is like chasing alice down the rabbit hole . I'm done here

You will be able to tell where I am coming from if you Google Taltarzac725. Look for my Photobucket array. Gary Corsair in May 2007 asked to see these. He just showed up visiting with my mother once completely out of the blue. She was out pulling weeds and in walks a Villages Daily Sun reporter. I am not the most trusting person on the best of days. So, I was not inclined to show him much of anything. He did write a story on my efforts to get the Florida Victim Services Directory connected to the web-pages of the Marion, Lake and Sumter County Library systems which came out on Memorial Day of 2007. He got various facts wrong though like I actually went to get my MA in Librarianship first then got my JD. He put it backwards, but I had had an earlier shot at law degree while at BYU. That was just for ten days or so.

I wanted to find a place where many people could see these 224 613 documents and did not find a suitable place until the last year or so. I had tried Findlaw in 2001 or thereabouts but really only managed to anger a lot of lawyers.

There is little pedantry here. Just the opposite. It is fighting for access to practical information for survivors/victims of crimes and not for more Law Review journals and the like which are good for scholarly diatribes about some legal topic or another. Law reviews articles can be good sources though for the intellectually inclined survivor/victim of crime if this person has a way of accessing them that is.

I enjoyed the posts of the TheVillageChicken. Sometimes you do have to be a little different in your face-to-face persona than that people seen on TOTV, Facebook, Topix.com., Findlaw or wherever.

RickeyD
11-10-2015, 01:37 PM
The VC has realized that life doesn't exist here. A virtual village where unreal people don't connect only seeming to. Thoughts fly through here, lives never do.

Taltarzac725
11-10-2015, 01:45 PM
The VC has realized that life doesn't exist here. A virtual village where unreal people don't connect only seeming to. Thoughts fly through here, lives never do.

/////

Barefoot
11-10-2015, 03:56 PM

I are also confused, but in a good way. The virtual village with unreal people explains a lot. :faint:

Taltarzac725
11-10-2015, 04:51 PM
I are also confused, but in a good way. The virtual village with unreal people explains a lot. :faint:

Most of the face-to-face talks I have had here in the Villages since June 2005 are small talk exchanges. How's your dog doing? What's the weather? What movie did you see recently? Do you golf? Got Health Insurance? Damn that %$%^ politician. Did you see Hawaii Five-0? Blacklist? Blindspot?

Once in a while I get in BS sessions which are for the most part just that.

And it is a lot harder to deceive people when you try to do everything in writing and hope that people actually dig into what you are saying on the Internet.

Gary Corsair, the former Villages Daily Sun reporter dug into what I told him by doing a quick Google of my name which brought up some old e-mails I had sent to Snopes.com which they had put in the Tinfoil Hat section which I could not access to defend myself. These were from around 2002, 2003 or so. Reporters too look at your virtual reality. At least, I hope they continue to do so.

I would bump into Gary Corsair's wife at Doggie Doo Run Run with Boo Radley on-and-off until fairly recently and she was always friendly.

RickeyD
11-10-2015, 05:00 PM
Most of the face-to-face talks I have had here in the Villages since June 2005 are small talk exchanges. How's your dog doing? What's the weather? What movie did you see recently? Do you golf? Got Health Insurance? Damn that %$%^ politician. Did you see Hawaii Five-0? Blacklist? Blindspot?

Once in a while I get in BS sessions which are for the most part just that.

And it is a lot harder to deceive people when you try to do everything in writing and hope that people actually dig into what you are saying on the Internet.

Gary Corsair, the former Villages Daily Sun reporter dig into what I told him by doing a quick Google of my name which brought up some old e-mails I had sent to Snopes.com which they had put in the Tinfoil Hat section which I could not access to defend myself.

Small talk is aptly named. The exchange of ideas has always been cherished and does flourish within the written language. Very rarely will you remember a conversation from 45 years ago but I will always remember my two hour read of A Love Story that many years ago. Fictional people living and dying, a fictional story within covers of a book.

Barefoot
11-10-2015, 07:48 PM
Very rarely will you remember a conversation from 45 years ago but I will always remember my two hour read of A Love Story that many years ago.

That is kinda sweet.

And The Village Chicken is eating chicken stew tonight.

This is a very strange thread indeed. :popcorn:

golfing eagles
11-10-2015, 07:57 PM

Me too. Sounds like Invasion of the body snatchers meets foghorn leghorn

Taltarzac725
11-10-2015, 11:31 PM
Me too. Sounds like Invasion of the body snatchers meets foghorn leghorn

Foghorn Leghorn Sayings | Foghorn Leghorn Quotes (http://foghornleghornquotes.com/foghorn-leghorn-sayings/)

Prefer the roadrunner. Meep...meep.