PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE!! Windshield repair at Bill Bryan Dodge dealership

Jullie
11-09-2015, 02:58 PM
BEWARE of windshield repair at Bill Bryan Dodge dealership. We went into get our oil changed and a gentleman approached my husband. He said he could fix two knicks on the windshield no charge. The only thing would be our insurance company would be notified. NO CHARGE! It took him 2 minutes including drying time to fix. He must of had 50 other customers repairing their windshields lined up. A week later we receive a call from our insurance company to verify we had the work done before they paid the bill. I asked what bill and how much. They told me $160.00. Needless to say I told them the story and we would be going to the dealership to clear this up. We talked to General Manager "Rob" and he told us they rent space to a company by the name of Cornerstone Network who does the repair on windshields. He said this matter would be taken care of and it would be no charge to the insurance company. We talked to the rep & received an e-mail stating no charge and forwarded to our insurance company. Our insurance company said they have been getting a ton of claims for "Villagers" MISLEADING>>>>!!

chuckinca
11-09-2015, 04:56 PM
I've paid as little as $25 for a small rock hit cracked windshield.

fred53
11-09-2015, 06:10 PM
BEWARE of windshield repair at Bill Bryan Dodge dealership. We went into get our oil changed and a gentleman approached my husband. He said he could fix two knicks on the windshield no charge. The only thing would be our insurance company would be notified. NO CHARGE! It took him 2 minutes including drying time to fix. He must of had 50 other customers repairing their windshields lined up. A week later we receive a call from our insurance company to verify we had the work done before they paid the bill. I asked what bill and how much. They told me $160.00. Needless to say I told them the story and we would be going to the dealership to clear this up. We talked to General Manager "Rob" and he told us they rent space to a company by the name of Cornerstone Network who does the repair on windshields. He said this matter would be taken care of and it would be no charge to the insurance company. We talked to the rep & received an e-mail stating no charge and forwarded to our insurance company. Our insurance company said they have been getting a ton of claims for "Villagers" MISLEADING>>>>!!

"they rent space to a company by the name of Cornerstone Network who does the repair on windshields." instead it sounds like the dealership was charging you. Yes the dealership should cancel that companies lease.

looneycat
11-11-2015, 08:42 AM

I was there a couple of weeks ago and was approached about windshield 'dings'. what we were told was insurance would cover up to 9 dings a year. I wasn't mislead. what was the problem, did you have to pay the $160? how were you mislead??

spring_chicken
11-11-2015, 10:07 AM
How in the world would a company stay in business while providing their service for free?
All of these windshield repair places do the same thing.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
11-11-2015, 10:13 AM
I only see it as misleading as they might have said "No direct charge to you." rather than "no charge". I supposed they could have said, "We charge your insurance company directly so you won't pay a thing. "

It's fairly common and fairly well known that almost all car insurance covers windshield repair with no deductible.

Yea, maybe slightly misleading, but I don't see it as a that big a deal.

I agree that the charge was outrageous. But that's up to the insurance company to negotiate.

Jim 9922
11-11-2015, 03:01 PM
I only see it as misleading as they might have said "No direct charge to you." rather than "no charge". I supposed they could have said, "We charge your insurance company directly so you won't pay a thing. "

Having dealt with that auto dealership in the past it is easy to see that one business that "walks close to the line" easily attracts businesses of the same nature.

There is a hidden cost in the small claim in that several of these over a specified period of time (whatever the insurance company sets internally) can add up to a downgraded rating by your insurer and higher premiums in the future. I agree with previous postings that nothing is free or no cost. The customer is remiss by not specifically asking "who is paying for your services?", or "why is this free?". In this lapse, good scams are born.