PDA

View Full Version : Spoofing Alert: Bank of America

Bjeanj
11-12-2015, 11:00 AM
I received an email this morning, supposedly from Bank of America, asking me to "validate my account." This is a spoof, and if you receive it, either delete or forward to abuse@bankofamerica.com and THEN delete the email.

The email I received was to undisclosed recipients, along with a link to validate the account. DO NOT GO THERE! Whoever sent the email has set up a fake website where they will capture your login and password.

It is very easy to replicate the logo and look of BoA, or any other business for that matter(I know how to do that, not that I would!).

villagetinker
11-12-2015, 11:03 AM
Thank you for the warning, there were some article recently that with the changing of the credit cards to chip type cards, scammers are doing exactly what you said to install malware to get passwords and login.

Bogie Shooter
11-12-2015, 12:28 PM
I received an email this morning, supposedly from Bank of America, asking me to "validate my account." This is a spoof, and if you receive it, either delete or forward to abuse@bankofamerica.com and THEN delete the email.

The email I received was to undisclosed recipients, along with a link to validate the account. DO NOT GO THERE! Whoever sent the email has set up a fake website where they will capture your login and password.

It is very easy to replicate the logo and look of BoA, or any other business for that matter(I know how to do that, not that I would!).

You only receive BOA?, You are lucky. I get about 3 a day from many others.
Advice, don't open any of them.

jnieman
11-12-2015, 01:14 PM
You only receive BOA?, You are lucky. I get about 3 a day from many others.
Advice, don't open any of them.

I agree. I got another from Community Bank and trust this morning. We have no account there. When I get them I never click the link but do separately go to the website to see if there is an alert of some kind. Sometimes they are legit.