PDA

View Full Version : Phishing Alert: Pay Pal

tcxr750
11-16-2015, 11:56 AM
Received a request from PayPal that requested information.It looked real.I haven't had a PayPal account for ten years! Some grammatical errors in the greeting. The rest is a direct copy from PayPal.

Barefoot
11-16-2015, 12:04 PM
Received a request from PayPal that requested information.It looked real.I haven't had a PayPal account for ten years! Some grammatical errors in the greeting. The rest is a direct copy from PayPal.

My Pay Pal account was "hijacked" some years ago. I haven't used them since.

I was just notified by "Amazon" of some charges that were made to my account, charges I hadn't made.
The email said that if I clicked a link, the charges could be eliminated if they were erroneous.
I knew it was Phishing, so I called Amazon. They said it happens all the time.

The internet world is full of scams - please be careful and don't click on any suspicious links.

tcxr750
11-16-2015, 12:10 PM
There is a report phishing website that I forward these e-mails to. Most of this started with the Home Depot and Blue Cross hacks. Now that your 1 year free identity protection is expired be prepared.

Jaggy
11-16-2015, 02:03 PM
I get Paypal emails often.. I forward them to Paypal , which helps shut down the phishing.. never never never click on a link in an unsolicited email. if in doubt go to the site itself and log on to paypal, etc to see if changes are needed. It's too bad that people fall for these types of scams..