PDA

View Full Version : Pet-Friendly Screen in Lanai

Harmony5
09-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi to All!
We've been shuttling back and forth from south Texas to The Villages. Haven't moved our small dogs over yet. Just wondering if anyone knows of a pet-friendly screen or other aesthetically pleasing way to reinforce the bottom portion of the screened lanai. We are impatiently counting the days until we become permanent residents. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Barefoot
09-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Hi to All!
We've been shuttling back and forth from south Texas to The Villages. Haven't moved our small dogs over yet. Just wondering if anyone knows of a pet-friendly screen or other aesthetically pleasing way to reinforce the bottom portion of the screened lanai. We are impatiently counting the days until we become permanent residents. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Fireboy used a piece of acrylic to protect our screen from the dogs' nails.
I'm told that another option is to purchase a type of special screen which is impervious to dog scratches. Haven't tried it though.

zcaveman
09-28-2008, 08:11 PM
I put a kickboard around the bottom of the lanai

Harmony5
09-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks ZCAVEMAN. My husband wants to do the kick-plate. What did you use?

Harmony5
09-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Barefoot, You have validated me! I knew I read about that pet screen somewhere...husband thinks I'm nuts? I'll find it. Thanks again.

redwitch
09-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Here's a link for a whole list of pet screens. If your hubby can't install screens, shout out. I know of a guy who can do it quickly and cheaply.

http://www.nextag.com/CR-LAURENCE-CRL-60-579362252/prices-html

Harmony5
09-29-2008, 11:21 AM
Thank you so much! Hubby can do screens....we owned a lodge in The Ozarks in a former life. Beautiful cottages but so many windows! I'm sure I'll get back to you for your guys' number once we're there for good....reliable and good people are so hard to find.
Thanks again!

zcaveman
09-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks ZCAVEMAN. My husband wants to do the kick-plate. What did you use?

Sorry - I can't tell you. I had it done when I had the house built. It is called white coil kick plate in the Wish book. When I had the acrylic windows put in, they boxed in the bottom where the kick plate was on the inside and put siding on the outside to match the rest of the house.

Harmony5
09-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Sorry - I can't tell you. I had it done when I had the house built. It is called white coil kick plate in the Wish book. When I had the acrylic windows put in, they boxed in the bottom where the kick plate was on the inside and put siding on the outside to match the rest of the house.
Thanks! That helps...sounds much more attractive than what came to mind when Ray mentioned it. Looking forward to the lanai....don't have many screened patios here. Ike left us with some major B-52 skeeters.....impossible to even sit on patio or use pool. Thanks again!