PDA

View Full Version : Censorship from Librarians!!!

Taltarzac725
11-18-2015, 10:14 AM
This morning I was booted off the Florida Library Association Facebook page again. FLA Home Page (http://www.flalib.org/) https://www.facebook.com/FloridaLibraryAssociation

I used to volunteer at the Palm Harbor Library from 2000-2003 but quit because of problems I had with their Library Director Gene Coppola.

These were mainly centered around my 224 613 Project of trying to get practical materials into libraries for survivors/victims of crimes. It was OK for a while but soon after I quit volunteering a link to the Florida Victim Services Directory became one to the Lemon Law site on the Florida Attorney General's web-site. This is not the Florida Victim Services Directory. Victim Services Directory (http://myfloridalegal.com/directory) Florida Attorney General - Lemon Law (main page) (http://www.myfloridalegal.com/lemonlaw)

Gene Coppola insisted it was. His reference staff agreed with me that it was not.

I sent some factual e-mails arguing the point. The result was a March 2, 2004 certified letter from the Palm Harbor Library General Counsel threatening me with a lawsuit and blacklist from volunteering threat if I did not Cease and Desist with my "derogatory and libelous" e-mails. Pure BS on the part of this lawyer but I did not hire my own lawyer because my Mom still volunteered at this public library-- Palm Harbor Library.

Now they are using a poster with Gene Coppola-- the present President of the Florida Library Association-- to recruit volunteers at the Florida Library Association annual meeting. https://www.facebook.com/FloridaLibraryAssociation/photos/a.826818297430944.1073741829.773527979426643/857308557715251/?type=3&theater https://www.facebook.com/FloridaLibraryAssociation/posts/851914891587951

I pointed this all out on the Florida Library Association Facebook page and was again booted off the Facebook Group.

Seeing this man just angers me because of this bogus March 2, 2004 lawsuit and blacklist threat and I still have a very high opinion of public librarians even if I have met some that belong more in some other profession and not in anything involving access to information, education and ethics. I also really dislike bullies especially if dishonest.

fred53
11-18-2015, 01:09 PM
"These were mainly centered around my 224 613 Project of trying to get practical materials into libraries for survivors/victims of crimes"

Belongs in the city/town hall, YMCA's...does not belong in a Library.

Taltarzac725
11-18-2015, 01:48 PM
"These were mainly centered around my 224 613 Project of trying to get practical materials into libraries for survivors/victims of crimes"

Belongs in the city/town hall, YMCA's...does not belong in a Library.

Actually I have a lot of letters from librarians in all fields saying the same thing that we should have practical materials for survivors/victims of crimes. Gene Coppola-- the first time I met him after a few weeks he was there around July(?) of 2000-- told me that I had a worthwhile cause but that he wanted 50% of whatever work the Palm Harbor Library did on this. He also started his first meeting with me with the sentence "I do not like liars and whiners". So, I was not very happy about his offer of taking 50% of my 224 613 Project. You do not open a first meeting with such a sentence especially when he knew I had a MLS (MA in Librarianship) along with a JD; unless you are trying to get someone to eventually leave.

The Palm Harbor Library now has very valuable materials for survivors/victims of crimes which I guess date from the Ray Lewis Domestic Violence scandal. There are from 2014. Palm Harbor Library Research (http://www.palmharborlibrary.org/library/adults.html) Ray Lewis talks about covering up crimes - SBNation.com (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/21/6758017/ray-lewis-espn-comments-cover-up-video-ray-rice)

They should be in Town Halls, YWCAs, YMCAs, Elks, etc., and I have written all of these groups at some time or another with this suggestion. I have been using e-mails heavily since 1999 in this 224 613 Project.

Check my Taltarzac725 Photobucket array by Googling "Taltarzac725" which should bring up the documents and other stuff about the 224 613 Project like that Palm Harbor Library General Counsel letter dated March 2, 2004 which is copied into Gene Coppola. I had no desire to meet with this lawyer and Gene Coppola. I like transparency in my dealings with librarians and politicians and dislike backroom politics.

themachoman
11-18-2015, 03:54 PM
Actually I have a lot of letters from librarians in all fields saying the same thing that we should have practical materials for survivors/victims of crimes. Gene Coppola-- the first time I met him after a few weeks he was there around July(?) of 2000-- told me that I had a worthwhile cause but that he wanted 50% of whatever work the Palm Harbor Library did on this. He also started his first meeting with me with the sentence "I do not like liars and whiners". So, I was not very happy about his offer of taking 50% of my 224 613 Project. You do not open a first meeting with such a sentence especially when he knew I had a MLS (MA in Librarianship) along with a JD; unless you are trying to get someone to eventually leave.

The Palm Harbor Library now has very valuable materials for survivors/victims of crimes which I guess date from the Ray Lewis Domestic Violence scandal. There are from 2014. Palm Harbor Library Research (http://www.palmharborlibrary.org/library/adults.html) Ray Lewis talks about covering up crimes - SBNation.com (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/21/6758017/ray-lewis-espn-comments-cover-up-video-ray-rice)

They should be in Town Halls, YWCAs, YMCAs, Elks, etc., and I have written all of these groups at some time or another with this suggestion. I have been using e-mails heavily since 1999 in this 224 613 Project.

Check my Taltarzac725 Photobucket array by Googling "Taltarzac725" which should bring up the documents and other stuff about the 224 613 Project like that Palm Harbor Library General Counsel letter dated March 2, 2004 which is copied into Gene Coppola. I had no desire to meet with this lawyer and Gene Coppola. I like transparency in my dealings with librarians and politicians and dislike backroom politics.

One of the Golden Rules for being a good employee (paid or volunteer) is to make your boss look good. Doesn't normally work to well for whiners and complainers who refuse to go with the flow.

Taltarzac725
11-18-2015, 04:46 PM
One of the Golden Rules for being a good employee (paid or volunteer) is to make your boss look good. Doesn't normally work to well for whiners and complainers who refuse to go with the flow.

If the boss is dishonest? The just prior Palm Harbor Library Director, Lou Paolilli, was forced out by a group of staff and volunteers because he bullied a staff member. I was not a volunteer at that time. Did use the Library back then as a person with a library card. Northpinellas: Library gets new director (http://www.sptimes.com/News/050300/NorthPinellas/Library_gets_new_dire.shtml)

Coppola's selection last week by the Palm Harbor Community Services Agency brings closure to the controversial resignation of the last director, Lou Paolilli.

Paolilli was criticized after firing a 76-year-old employee who worked in the children's section.

On Dec. 2, Carol Cannella, a 10-year employee, was drinking a cup of coffee in the library break room 15 minutes before she was due to begin work when Paolilli asked her to report to her station.

When Cannella said she wanted to finish her coffee first, Paolilli fired her and ordered her off the property. He called sheriff's deputies and told them that Cannella was a former employee who was trespassing at the library.

About a half-dozen employees resigned in protest over Cannella's treatment.

Paolilli stepped down in early February, saying he was leaving for personal reasons. Coppola, currently the branch manager at the Land O'Lakes Library, said he was aware of the Paolilli situation but did not want to discuss it.

"All I can say is that different managers have a different way of handling situations," he said.

This a public library which is paid for by tax dollars from the people in that community not a private company of some company on the stock exchange.

And in 2004, I was no longer a volunteer at either of the Palm Harbor nor the East Lake Community Library. I had quit doing this from both.

There is a lot more to the Paolilli mess than what is in the paper but I no longer have all those details.

villagetinker
11-18-2015, 07:53 PM
OP, I guess that I missed something, but can you provide a short discussion to why this is on TOTV, and why I should care? There are multiple websites and organizations to provide information to victims of crimes, and several local resources, so I do not understand this post. Also, what is the 224 613 project that is constantly mentioned?

Taltarzac725
11-18-2015, 08:14 PM
OP, I guess that I missed something, but can you provide a short discussion to why this is on TOTV, and why I should care? There are multiple websites and organizations to provide information to victims of crimes, and several local resources, so I do not understand this post. Also, what is the 224 613 project that is constantly mentioned?

I have been on Talk of the Villages since July 2007 and have mentioned my connection to the 2-24-1976 murder of my then Earl Wooster High School English teacher's daughter Michelle Mitchell often on TOTV.

You only need watch the Evening News to see that the needs of victims/survivors of crimes change with technology, world affairs, etc.

As to why this is important to people who live in the Villages? Check your local libraries web-sites as well as those of the Marion, Lake and Sumter County Sheriff's Offices. How many quick links do they have to the Florida Victim Services Directory and stuff from the National Alliance on Mental Illness? These say that victims/survivors are welcomed here, in essence.

And, of course, there are many victims/survivors sites out there. That's not the point. The point is how connected to the community these libraries and the sheriffs' offices are.

And there are many people who are still not all that computer savvy and rely on public libraries, 911, 411, and other points of access to practical information.

I have been working very hard on Facebook to make connections between various groups.

outlaw
11-19-2015, 07:31 AM
It's listed under NON villages discussion. I assume that is any subject not related to TV.

Taltarzac725
11-19-2015, 08:08 AM
It's listed under NON villages discussion. I assume that is any subject not related to TV.

Washoe County Sheriff's Office - Northern Nevada's Full Service Law Enforcement Agency (http://www.washoesheriff.com/staying-safe.php)

Here is what is available in a community where I used to live with respect to Staying Safe.

Contrast that with what is on the Marion, Lake and Sumter County Sheriff's Offices.

Or, how about the Lake, Marion, and Sumter County Library sites?

Over the years I have been fighting for more practical information in or accessible through libraries I have heard all kinds of suggestions from the very mean spirited to the very useful. One of the useful ones was - KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid.

Links should be easy to use and easy to spot as there are like road signs on a highway and you might miss the turnoff if this is not marked well.

On Memorial Day of 2007, the then Villages Daily Sun reporter Gary Corsair's article on my efforts to get the Florida Victim Services Directory connected to the Marion, Lake and Sumter Library web-sites came out. I had been successful with Lake County back then but they seemed to have changed things the last I looked to something you need assistance from the a librarian to use. Lake County, FL - Community Resource Guide (http://lccrg.com/)

Victim Services Directory (http://myfloridalegal.com/directory)

Some of the Villages is in Lake County.

Polar Bear
11-19-2015, 09:09 AM
I agree that all is fair game in the non Villages forum. But I also understand villagetinker's comment. This does seem to be a very personal issue for the op.

Chi-Town
11-19-2015, 09:44 AM
I view the OP'S repetitive referral to his 224 613 project circumstances as an attempt to get some closure on a situation that has gone on for decades. I wish him luck with that.

Taltarzac725
11-19-2015, 10:04 AM
I view the OP'S repetitive referral to his 224 613 project circumstances as an attempt to get some closure on a situation that has gone on for decades. I wish him luck with that.

Not exactly. And it involves a lot more than just me. I wish people would see that.

In law school at the University of Minnesota, there was a brilliant trial lawyer who taught evidence. I had someone else as I could not get into the Evidence Course taught by him as the 3rd Years had the first choices of what courses to take to meet their Graduation requirements.

This trial lawyer was Irving Younger. Probably one of best trial lawyers in New York at one time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irving_Younger

He held out that trial practice was akin to theater. The best story teller will win the case.

If you make the Jurors though very educated people about the law, that makes this approach a lot harder.

The same can be said of survivors/victims. Access to more timely and practical information gives them more power over things that they cannot control. I became a law librarian to do something about a niche I saw in practical information in libraries while trying to follow the Michelle Mitchell murder investigation which it turns out was messed up thoroughly by people trying to get closure too fast as they convicted the wrong person around 1979 based on her false confession. She was a paranoid schizophrenic and if I recall correctly part of a gay couple. I am fuzzy on the details as this is about what is in libraries and accessible over the Internet right now. Charges Dismissed Against Cathy Woods for 1976 Murder (http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/Retrial-Uncertain-in-1976-Reno-Murder-Case-295318961.html)

Chi-Town
11-19-2015, 10:06 AM
Not exactly. And it involves a lot more than just me. I wish people would see that.

In law school at the University of Minnesota, there was a brilliant trial lawyer who taught evidence. I had someone else as I could not get into the Evidence Course taught by him as the 3rd Years had the first choices of what courses to take to meet their Graduation requirements.

This trial lawyer was Irving Younger. Probably one of best trial lawyers in New York at one time.

He held out that trial practice was akin to theater. The best story teller will win the case.

If you make the Jurors though very educated people about the law, that makes this approach a lot harder.

The same can be said of survivors/victims. Access to more timely and practical information gives them more power over things that they cannot control. I became a law librarian to do something about a niche I saw in practical information in libraries while trying to follow the Michelle Mitchell murder investigation which it turns out was messed up thoroughly by people trying to get closure too fast as they convicted the wrong person around 1979 based on her false confession. She was a paranoid schizophrenic and if I recall correctly part of a gay coulple. I am fuzzy on the details as this is about what is in libraries and accessible over the Internet right now.
OK, thanks for the clarification.

Taltarzac725
11-19-2015, 10:23 AM
OK, thanks for the clarification.

You are welcome. http://www.minnesotalawreview.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Weissbrodt_Final.pdf

I had Donald Marshall for Evidence and Torts.

Hard but fair teacher.

I remember that he was one of the University of Minnesota Law Professors fighting for me when I brought up my interest in practical information for survivors/victims of crimes in January of 1991. I got hit with subtle and not so subtle attacks on my mental health from January through September of 1991 by some of the people at the University of Minnesota Law School/Library. The Professors were very split on what to do about me as have many people in institutions I have tried to get involved in my 224 613 Project.

I did not start calling it that until mid-1993. I mean the 224 613 Project after I had been #613 in a study on stress on the unemployed at the University of California San Francisco Health Sciences Campus where I talked about all these experiences up to then with an interviewer/researcher in four taped sessions.

Each community is different though as what is available for survivors/victims in the Twin Cities is going to be different from what is there for them in Lake, Sumter, and Marion counties in the Villages' area.

Facebook allows me to contact people in hundreds of communities about this 224 613 Project.

And I am involved, of course, in pushing this in Reno, Nevada; the Twin Cities; Denver; Phoenix; Provo, Utah; and many other places. Mostly though I am trying to do it in places I have lived which of course involves the Villages, FL; Palm Harbor, FL; Rohnert Park, CA; Belmont, CA; Scottsdale, AZ; Menomonee Falls, WI; Itasca, IL, etc.

Professor David Weissbrodt was another one of the Law Professors who seemed to be on my side at least his Teaching Assistant around 1991 told me to never give up on this fight, which I have not. Hard for Professor Weissbrodt to support me back then as he flunked me in Moot Court because I sort of defended the wrong person in my brief in an extremely complicated disabilities case which even seemed to confuse some of the Judges hearing us Students presenting it.

looneycat
11-21-2015, 08:36 AM
this all seems moot. with the advent of the internet a simple query would make this info available. why would I go to a library first when I can seek the info directly...this sounds like a cervantean quest to me....

Taltarzac725
11-21-2015, 08:56 AM
this all seems moot. with the advent of the internet a simple query would make this info available. why would I go to a library first when I can seek the info directly...this sounds like a cervantean quest to me....

Many are missing the point. Libraries still play a vital role in the control of information as well as its access. There are many documents in the legal area that are way too difficult to manage by most readers on the Internet. If a survivor/victim is involved in a legal situation, she/he will need the best access to this information.

I wrote 4000 victim/assistance providers in every US state in 1992-2002 via snail mail and asked them what they would like to see in libraries. Ft. Myers Rape Counseling Center had suggested the paper bound version of The Florida Victim Services Directory. If a woman or man is having domestic violence problems, you do not want your abusive mate seeing your internet search history. The Florida AG's office when I wrote them about the Florida Victim Services Directory and putting the paper version in Florida libraries, they said that it changes too frequently so that the libraries should get the link to the electronic version. You can go to a library and view things without a possible abusive mate looking over your shoulder or researching your internet searches.

Put yourself in the shoes of the victim/survivor? Where would he/she feel the most safe gathering information? It depends a lot on their situation. I have lived in some neighborhoods where the library would be the safest place or the police station.

My 224 613 Project is international in design. I have put a huge amount of work into it.

I had a stalker while at the University of Minnesota Law Library while I was on the reference desk over the 1989-1990 academic year. She had locked herself to a Math Professor's desk because she was obsessed with him. She came into the Law Library to prepare her defense. Quite a lot of work involved in preparing a legal defense PRO SE (without a lawyer's help usually) and for my troubles trying to help her, my live-in girlfriend Jennifer V., and I became her next obsessions. There was not much neither Jennifer nor I could do to stop this woman's obsession as she had a right to prepare her defense in the case against her from the Math Professor.

There are survivors/victims now using law libraries and other libraries for their legal matters. Some of these would even be in the news somewhere.

Believe me as a trained law librarian, it is not easy to get all the legal information you would need for a legal matter on the Internet. And even if some of the people have a lawyer, it gives the survivor/victim a sense of control if he/she knows what is going on through doing legal research.

I prepared myself for instance when I had Jury Duty last May 2014 by doing many searches online but would have been able to find a lot more if I had traveled to the University of Florida Law Library. I did look at things like this-- What Should I Know About Serving on a Jury? (http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Public/Pamphlets/JuryDuty.aspx) I would have had an easier time though of researching what I might want to tell a lawyer/judge doing voir dire, if I had made a trip to a law library.

Here's a fellow U of MN Law Grad's site which makes the law more accessible. It would be easier though when using his site if also had access to the physical books involved. Minnesota's First Stop for Legal Advice (http://philgrovelaw.com/AboutPhilGrove.html)

Taltarzac725
11-21-2015, 10:05 AM
A little story. I was looking for a job at the American Association of Law Libraries convention the Summer of 1992 in San Francisco. I lined up an interview with Marquette University Law Library even though two of the people from Marquette I were interviewing with seemed highly amused that I was even at the convention.

My interest with survivors/victims of crimes came up and a described the niche I had found. The Marquette University Law Library Director asked me "Why do you think that is?" Like he was excusing it in some kind of "we all know better than you do" stance which I found frequently taken by law librarians. I hope people can make the connection between attitudes towards victims/survivors taught at law schools like Marquette and the Catholic Church Sex Abuse Scandal. They are connected as they both do not recognize the rights of people to be treated equally no matter what their status.

I sincerely belief that access to practical information in the legal setting is a fundamental right.

looneycat
11-21-2015, 10:38 AM
A little story. I was looking for a job at the American Association of Law Libraries convention the Summer of 1992 in San Francisco. I lined up an interview with Marquette University Law Library even though two of the people from Marquette I were interviewing with seemed highly amused that I was even at the convention.

My interest with survivors/victims of crimes came up and a described the niche I had found. The Marquette University Law Library Director asked me "Why do you think that is?" Like he was excusing it in some kind of "we all know better than you do" stance which I found frequently taken by law librarians. I hope people can make the connection between attitudes towards victims/survivors taught at law schools like Marquette and the Catholic Church Sex Abuse Scandal. They are connected as they both do not recognize the rights of people to be treated equally no matter what their status.

I sincerely belief that access to practical information in the legal setting is a fundamental right.

you make some good points but mostly for using a skilled researcher, like yourself, for matters where it is important to cover data that would otherwise not be self-evident to a lesser skilled researcher. I admit that a librarian is a good choice as well as a sampling of researchers in that field. Your experience at Marquette is similar to what I often encountered as a consultant in the IT field. people often felt the need to push their 'stuff' on you and question why you are there. I just let my work speak for itself and was never without a 'next' client waiting. If they were willing to learn, I would show them how to be more productive...suprizingly some were!

Taltarzac725
11-21-2015, 11:01 AM
you make some good points but mostly for using a skilled researcher, like yourself, for matters where it is important to cover data that would otherwise not be self-evident to a lesser skilled researcher. I admit that a librarian is a good choice as well as a sampling of researchers in that field. Your experience at Marquette is similar to what I often encountered as a consultant in the IT field. people often felt the need to push their 'stuff' on you and question why you are there. I just let my work speak for itself and was never without a 'next' client waiting. If they were willing to learn, I would show them how to be more productive...suprizingly some were!

I do think that all the pestering of librarians I have done since January of 1991 has resulted in there being more practical materials in libraries for survivors/victims of crimes in the US and elsewhere.

This would make a good movie/book but it would be hard getting it past the lawyers as it would put some very powerful people in a rather bad light. I have tried to get Hollywood interested since 1992 or so and believe that they have heard my requests for help in my 224 613 Project. There are many creative ways of getting your message out there which would be seen readily by the creative types in the movies and elsewhere. I have had some bad luck in Palm Harbor though with the names of some of the people there who are in positions of authority for my 1992+ approach to Hollywood to work.

When I had all this up on Findlaw from 2001 through 2006 or so, I did have some very interesting exchanges with people contacting me via e-mails and the like. One around 2004 even claimed to be George Clooney. Not sure if it was really him though.

I have found movies from 1995's Outbreak to 2015's Tomorrowland very interesting for many reasons.

John_W
11-21-2015, 01:51 PM
I think what looneycat mentioned is the direction you should go. Libraries for the general population is not really the first source of information, it's the internet. I think Tal, you should go one step further and start a website for victims of crime and whoever else you're looking to help.

With all your knowledge of the internet you should have no problem. I remember 15 years ago I had a website for my business, I believe the software was called Macromedia. It cost about $100 online, and I could do just about anything I wanted, not just these generic looking websites. You might have to spend a little amount of money for a webhost or maybe get one free, especially since this is sort of a charity work.

I would totally bypass the libraries, plus getting into a single library is only helping that one local community. A website can help anyone, in any locale, anytime of the day.

Taltarzac725
11-21-2015, 03:03 PM
I think what looneycat mentioned is the direction you should go. Libraries for the general population is not really the first source of information, it's the internet. I think Tal, you should go one step further and start a website for victims of crime and whoever else you're looking to help.

With all your knowledge of the internet you should have no problem. I remember 15 years ago I had a website for my business, I believe the software was called Macromedia. It cost about $100 online, and I could do just about anything I wanted, not just these generic looking websites. You might have to spend a little amount of money for a webhost or maybe get one free, especially since this is sort of a charity work.

I would totally bypass the libraries, plus getting into a single library is only helping that one local community. A website can help anyone, in any locale, anytime of the day.

That's a great suggestion. Thanks.

I am on Facebook a number of hours per day. One of the reasons I am upset with the Florida Library Association Facebook page censorship is that was one of the vehicles I was using to fight for more practical materials in Florida libraries for survivors/victims of crimes as well as for those with some kind of mental illness.

The way I do things though is to contact a lot of victim/assistance providers and see what they would like to see on some web-site. This would be quite different however if I were trying to put one together for the Villages itself as there are different kinds of crimes primarily in the Villages. Seniors against Crime does a good job with that as far as the Villages is involved. Seniors Vs Crime (http://www.seniorsvscrime.com/)

So maybe a broader approach as you suggested would work. I had been getting addresses for victim/assistance providers back in 1992-2002 from this organization. National Organization for Victim Assistance (NOVA) - Championing Dignity Compassion Victims Crime and CrisisNational Organization for Victim Assistance (http://www.trynova.org/)

I had also tried to get this organization involved-- https://www.victimsofcrime.org/

If you Google Taltarzac725 you can see many of the documents I have from my 24 year plus struggle to get practical materials into libraries for survivors/victims of crimes.

Taltarzac725
11-21-2015, 05:00 PM
Office for Victims of Crime - U.S. Resource Map of Crime Victim Services & Information (http://www.ovc.gov/map.html)

Local Resources | OVW | Department of Justice (http://www.justice.gov/ovw/local-resources)

A modified version of this could work. Not sure how to do it though. Mental health materials would also be needed and a lot more other stuff.

One drawback of this is that when dealing with victim/witness assistance it is a lot safer to be somewhat anonymous or have some connection to a governmental entity which has faceless people connected to it. Local libraries I still believe is the more practical approach as what would be needed in Austin, Nevada a small town would be very different from what is available in Austin, Texas. I am not sure if I want my real name out there all that much associated with a web-site for victims/witnesses and the mental ill. If Taltarzac725 is associated with it in any way then my real name will come up.

Still I will give this suggestion of some kind of web-site some thought. I do know some professional web-site designers.

Remember that you can see my 224 613 fight for survivors/victims' rights history if you Google Taltarzac725 and look at those documents.

Taltarzac725
11-22-2015, 07:45 AM
Office for Victims of Crime - U.S. Resource Map of Crime Victim Services & Information (http://www.ovc.gov/map.html)

Local Resources | OVW | Department of Justice (http://www.justice.gov/ovw/local-resources)

A modified version of this could work. Not sure how to do it though. Mental health materials would also be needed and a lot more other stuff.

One drawback of this is that when dealing with victim/witness assistance it is a lot safer to be somewhat anonymous or have some connection to a governmental entity which has faceless people connected to it. Local libraries I still believe is the more practical approach as what would be needed in Austin, Nevada a small town would be very different from what is available in Austin, Texas. I am not sure if I want my real name out there all that much associated with a web-site for victims/witnesses and the mental ill. If Taltarzac725 is associated with it in any way then my real name will come up.

Still I will give this suggestion of some kind of web-site some thought. I do know some professional web-site designers.

Remember that you can see my 224 613 fight for survivors/victims' rights history if you Google Taltarzac725 and look at those documents.

https://www.facebook.com/FloridaLibraryAssociation?fref=ts

I see that the Florida Library Association Facebook page still seems to be in tight control of the Administrator as has been since the 19th of November 2015.

I would have posted those two links above on it to give them some advertising so to speak on that Facebook page. That's what victims/survivors rights sites really need a lot more press.

More responsible web-site Administrators would be nice. I mean responsible to the people who read the web-site and not to the butts these people need to keep kissing to keep their jobs. These Administrators should not have to deal with the power plays within the Florida Library Association.

All kinds of censorship especially if they try to hide the facts rather than expose them really irritate me. And you would expect that librarians of all people would see the value of free speech and open dialog about stuff without resorting to lawyers and the like unless the dialog were not backed up with many documents or was in some way defamatory. Defamatory usually means untrue and not backed up by documents. What is a Defamatory Statement | Digital Media Law Project (http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/what-defamatory-statement)