PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum cleaner recommendations

Bleudeturquoise
11-23-2015, 10:36 AM
Need a lightweight vacuum cleaner for carpeting. Any advice?

RVRoadie
11-23-2015, 10:52 AM
Groupon (https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-dyson-dc65-multi-floor-vacuum) has a Dyson DC65 refurbished with factory warranty for $249. We got one when it was $199 and are very happy with it. Much better the the cheap vacuum we had before. There are a few other choices, but I think this is the best of the bunch.

russiandoll
11-23-2015, 12:29 PM
buy the light weight Oreck I just posted in the classifieds. You won't be sorry.

Bonnevie
11-23-2015, 12:33 PM
I love my Shark Rocket....can get at Bed, Bath and Beyond with 20% off coupon

Rango
11-23-2015, 01:12 PM
Consumer Reports Magazine

OldManTime
11-23-2015, 02:07 PM
I solved my carpet problem, ripped up dirty carpet, and tiled the whole house :-)

BobnBev
11-23-2015, 02:15 PM
SHARK powered lift a way......best one so far.

ping
11-23-2015, 02:44 PM
Highly recommend the Shark Rocket! Light weight, great suction for floors and rugs, long cord eliminates replugging constantly, versital attachments, easy clean accumulated dirt (no bags required) and the price reasonable especially with coupons. Have mine hanging on the wall for quick clean ups.

Chatbrat
11-23-2015, 03:27 PM
We dumped all the carpet in a brand new house before we moved , installed laminate & tile Our Miele glides with no effort.

kblais
11-23-2015, 08:14 PM
Shark lift away is great. Suction is terrific

dotti105
11-24-2015, 12:24 AM
We have a Dyson and like it quite a bit. Not that vacuuming is ever any fun. but it does a good job and has a super long cord. No bags, that's a really nice feature.

Next step for us is a Roomba. I'd much rather not have to vacuum if I can get one that does it itself. Perfect solution!

Newbeginnings
11-24-2015, 06:48 AM
SHARK powered lift a way......best one so far.

I agree, got rid of the Dyson and got the Shark, we have some area rugs on hardwood floors and tile, works great, much easier to push on the rugs than Dyson, IMO

doctorz
11-24-2015, 08:29 AM
I needed a vacuum cleaner and I found Sharkys Vac n Sew in Wildwood. What a nice bunch of people and they had sewing machines and fabric for my wife too. Very knowledgable, I believe they have over 50 years experience. I told a neighbor of mine and she took her vacuum cleaner and sewing machine too. Excellent place!

Bay Kid
11-24-2015, 08:56 AM
Highly recommend the Shark Rocket! Light weight, great suction for floors and rugs, long cord eliminates replugging constantly, versital attachments, easy clean accumulated dirt (no bags required) and the price reasonable especially with coupons. Have mine hanging on the wall for quick clean ups.

Just got the Shark Rocket 2 weeks ago. It is great! Great at cleaning. Great weigh. Great price!

Retiring
11-24-2015, 11:41 AM
Due to dust allergies, I have a central vac. Great to have all the dust head for the garage but the hose is a pain in the butt. I also have an Oreck at a second home. The Oreck is very light and powerful but the black rubber bumper around the base is soft. If it hits the wall, it leaves a scuff mark. I bought it at Costco. The Costco package had the upright bundled with their handheld.

There was a post on here about hide-a-hose. As I never heard of it, I had to google it. When, or if, I build again I think I’m going with the hide-a-hose. AND the entire house will be hardwood/tile.

TNLAKEPANDA
11-24-2015, 12:47 PM
Nothing beats a Shark Vac. Best we have ever owned.