PDA

View Full Version : Costco e-coli

JoMar
11-24-2015, 07:59 PM
When the tiny baby mouse was found in the salad there were a lot of posters on here that wanted to hang the owner, boycot the restaurant and tried to convince others not to go. Nobody got sick. There have also been posts on here trying to find a way to get Costco here because Sams just didn't cut it. Now we find that 19 people across 17 states have become ill, two with kidney failure because e-coli was found and believed to be in the rotisserie salad. Yet TOTV remains silent. Curious.

dbussone
11-24-2015, 08:21 PM
I like SAMs and use it here. I have used Costco in the past based primarily on proximity. Overall, I see very little difference between the two.

njbchbum
11-24-2015, 09:58 PM
When the tiny baby mouse was found in the salad there were a lot of posters on here that wanted to hang the owner, boycot the restaurant and tried to convince others not to go. Nobody got sick. There have also been posts on here trying to find a way to get Costco here because Sams just didn't cut it. Now we find that 19 people across 17 states have become ill, two with kidney failure because e-coli was found and believed to be in the rotisserie salad. Yet TOTV remains silent. Curious.

Maybe because there is no Costco in the area to frequent?

Ecuadog
11-24-2015, 10:12 PM
when the tiny baby mouse was found in the salad there were a lot of posters on here that wanted to hang the owner, boycot the restaurant and tried to convince others not to go. Nobody got sick. There have also been posts on here trying to find a way to get costco here because sams just didn't cut it. Now we find that 19 people across 17 states have become ill, two with kidney failure because e-coli was found and believed to be in the rotisserie salad. Yet totv remains silent. Curious.

wtf?

asianthree
11-24-2015, 10:17 PM
Cuz it wasn't in the daily sun:D.

rubicon
11-25-2015, 05:09 AM
I am an equal opportunity germaphobic whether it is Chipotle's ,CostCo or Evans Prairie. I would prefer not to have a mouse in my salad or e-coli.
I would prefer a restaurant and its employees to be able to pass its health inspections with flying colors.

I appreciate anytime a poster alerts me to a health hazard lingering about because the benefit of and my reason for participating on TOTV is for information.

Thank you OP

Villageswimmer
11-25-2015, 05:43 AM

Sounds like a conspiracy... :22yikes:

Villager Joyce
11-25-2015, 06:28 AM
I am an equal opportunity germaphobic whether it is Chipotle's ,CostCo or Evans Prairie. I would prefer not to have a mouse in my salad or e-coli.
I would prefer a restaurant and its employees to be able to pass its health inspections with flying colors.

I appreciate anytime a poster alerts me to a health hazard lingering about because the benefit of and my reason for participating on TOTV is for information.

Thank you OP

I, too, appreciate health warnings. It is the finger wagging how that I objected to.

graciegirl
11-25-2015, 07:28 AM
I like SAMs and use it here. I have used Costco in the past based primarily on proximity. Overall, I see very little difference between the two.

I agree completely. We had membership to both before we moved here. It is a risk eating produce that isn't cooked, period. But we do.

Bogie Shooter
11-25-2015, 09:02 AM

If this is true..............never again will go to Costco!
(Sound familiar??)

Jima64
11-25-2015, 02:36 PM
So which states and when did this happen. My gosh practically every food provider has this problem at some time or other. Going to give them all up?

fred53
11-25-2015, 02:40 PM

it's because the ones who remain silent realize it's likely a one time thing and don't really panic like some folks do. I do believe it's called being rational and not having a knee jerk reaction to bad news.

I don't particularly care for people whose sole function is to call people out who they don't feel are responsive enough to suit themselves. I say this is too bad for them and perhaps getting a real life would be more beneficial to their long term health.

kstew43
11-25-2015, 04:12 PM
So which states and when did this happen. My gosh practically every food provider has this problem at some time or other. Going to give them all up?

can't stop eating......every store has its issues......mistakes.....accidents......

jblum315
11-25-2015, 05:30 PM
What on earth is a rotisserie salad, please?

JoMar
11-25-2015, 05:58 PM
Sorry, rotisserie chicken salad