PDA

View Full Version : Are you in the global 1 Percent

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
11-26-2015, 11:47 AM
Interesting if totally useless information.

Global Rich List (http://www.globalrichlist.com/wealth)

RVRoadie
11-26-2015, 12:35 PM
Not so useless. When you hear politicians say the top 1% need to pay more, they may be talking about YOU!

dbussone
11-26-2015, 12:45 PM
Not so useless. When you hear politicians say the top 1% need to pay more, they may be talking about YOU!

Absolutely correct. When talking about the "global 1%" it does not take that much to be included.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
11-26-2015, 01:10 PM
Absolutely correct. When talking about the "global 1%" it does not take that much to be included.

Exactly. There are 7 billion people in the world and most of those are in the poorest third world countries.

Some tribesman in Africa who owns six water buffalo may be the wealthiest person in his neighborhood. Should we really be comparing people living the US and other industrialized countries to those people?

I'd like to see this done for the US only. I'm in the top 4% in the world. I bet I'm not in the top 50% in the US. I'm probably in the bottom 20% in The Villages.

Also, this thing doesn't considers debt or income. You might have a million dollars in assets, and two million in debt with a low income. According to this you'd be in the top 1%.

kittygilchrist
11-26-2015, 01:27 PM
No way I would give income info electronically. I have a friend whose hotmail acct was used to access pc and security cameras. 140k swiped from bank. Nightmare to repair...

dbussone
11-26-2015, 01:28 PM
No way I would give income info electronically. I have a friend whose hotmail acct was used to access pc and security cameras. 140k swiped from bank. Nightmare to repair...

No income info was requested if you select the wealth tab instead of income. I wouldn't do it either. Try making up some numbers and see where it places you.