PDA

View Full Version : Building a Computer

forznoles
10-03-2008, 05:46 PM
I've got a computer I've been using for about six years. Needless to say, it's starting to get a little old. I'd like to get a new computer - I want a powerful computer that won't need to be replaced every year and a half to run the latest Microsoft operating system or latest game. I'm not really into gaming, but I'd like to be able to play what's out there if I so desire. I'm an accountant, so my data is important, and I'd like a computer that has two hard drives, and two optical drives, as well as plenty of USB ports, a parallel printer port, a floppy drive, plenty of memory and a powerful CPU, and a decent video card. In short, I want a computer that will run my business for years, without having to constantly think about upgrades or whatever.

When I go online to search, I seem to find whatever's on an endcap somewhere, or powerful gaming machines that run $5,000+.

I was wondering if there's someone around here that builds computers. I'd like to deal with someone local, as opposed to giving my business to some Fortune 500 company and having the computer shipped to me, along with a bunch of HP or Dell software that pops up ad nauseum everytime I turn on the computer.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

union1
10-03-2008, 06:31 PM
I had mine built locally. No complaints. When they sell a computer they will come out and help if you have a problem. Won't mention name but the phone number is 352.245.1000

forznoles
10-03-2008, 06:36 PM
I had mine built locally. No complaints. When they sell a computer they will come out and help if you have a problem. Won't mention name but the phone number is 352.245.1000

Thanks a lot - this is exactly the help I am looking for - someone I could work with to get what I want, get service, and keep my dollars local.

Any other suggestions by anyone are also appreciated.