PDA

View Full Version : Not Much Activity

BillArmyRet
10-05-2008, 01:44 PM
I intend to move to TV by the end of the year. I am hoping that the lack of activity on the singles forum is not an indication of single life in TV. I enjoy doing a lot of activities with couples but hope that there is an active group of singles, particularly of the female persuasion, who might enjoy the company of men.

:popcorn:

ConeyIsBabe
10-05-2008, 02:17 PM
I guess all the single TVers are out and about, enjoying the lifestyle :MOJE_whot: while I'm stuck in Oregon...... but making the best of it.

Planning on a trip to the coast for a couple of days to visit the Newport Aquarium and do some whale watching :coolsmiley:

Hi TV Singles..... wuzzup ?

KathieI
10-05-2008, 02:41 PM
I intend to move to TV by the end of the year. I am hoping that the lack of activity on the singles forum is not an indication of single life in TV. I enjoy doing a lot of activities with couples but hope that there is an active group of singles, particularly of the female persuasion, who might enjoy the company of men. :popcorn:

The singles group in TV is growing minute by minute. We now have a bunch of us who meet to go to dinner, movies, KB's dancing to Rocky, and dancing in the squares. We even allow some couples to join us.

Come on down, join the fun, we could use a few more singles....

CIB, which coast? West coast? If your coming to Florida coast, give us a shout and we'll get together. No matter which one, have a good trip.

ConeyIsBabe
10-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Going to the Aquarium in Newport Oregon ! Have you ever been to the Oregon coast ? It's truly beautiful (even nicer than the CA coast).

I don't have any definite plans to go to FL and visit TV..... perhaps next spring and I'd love to meet you and the other singles; thanks for the gracious invitation :a040:

I'll try to survive the upcoming winter (freezing my tushie) while y'all are basking in the sun and dancing up a storm at KBs :MOJE_whot:

tony
10-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Well, KathieI,

Why not post all those activities here? Or did I miss them?

:shrug:
:0000000000luvmyhors

BillArmyRet
10-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Kathie
Glad to hear that singles are active. I should be coming down this month or next on a buy trip. I'll let you know when I have a firm date.
Bill

Belle
10-06-2008, 07:33 AM
Hi Kathie,

I'd like to know about the singles activities also. I am a snowbird and will be down in January.

Thanks

Belle

DickY
10-06-2008, 08:30 AM
When you think about it "single " activities are no different than couples activities. The key is getting out and meeting people and engaging in activities with the friends you make. There is a group of TOTV singles that get together along with TOTV couples to do "The Villages" active lifestyle. For example this last week I went to the square at Lake Sumter Landing Thursday with several TOTV Singles for dancing to the entertainment. On Friday the "group" met to go to dinner at LSL then over to Katie Belles for Rocky and the Rollers. On Saturday I went to one of the Country Clubs with the Penn State Alumni group to watch the football game (We are Penn State), then to Katie Belles with the "group" for Supper and more Rocky. Yesterday we took in an afternoon movie at LSL then a quick supper then to the square where we met more TOTV people for socializing and dancing. Today I am taking the day off to recharge for the coming week (golf and Rocky Tuesday, the Italian Festival Wednesday).

tkret
10-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Today I am taking the day off to recharge for the coming week (golf and Rocky Tuesday, the Italian Festival Wednesday).

DickY ... enjoy the Italian Festival but don't allow Chachacha to eat too much pasta! :1rotfl:

KathieI
10-06-2008, 10:13 AM
When you think about it "single " activities are no different than couples activities. The key is getting out and meeting people and engaging in activities with the friends you make. There is a group of TOTV singles that get together along with TOTV couples to do "The Villages" active lifestyle. For example this last week I went to the square at Lake Sumter Landing Thursday with several TOTV Singles for dancing to the entertainment. On Friday the "group" met to go to dinner at LSL then over to Katie Belles for Rocky and the Rollers. On Saturday I went to one of the Country Clubs with the Penn State Alumni group to watch the football game (We are Penn State), then to Katie Belles with the "group" for Supper and more Rocky. Yesterday we took in an afternoon movie at LSL then a quick supper then to the square where we met more TOTV people for socializing and dancing. Today I am taking the day off to recharge for the coming week (golf and Rocky Tuesday, the Italian Festival Wednesday).

DickY is like the "king-pin" of the singles group. He attends EVERYTHING, dances all evening, is the coordinator for all the activities to be sure everyone is aware of what's happening. What did we all do before we retired!!???

Don't forget Tuesday nite at 5pm EDT to meet at the clock for waving and then Rocky afterwards, and Wednesday at 4:15 to watch the Italian Parade. Everyone is welcome -- even couples... See ya then!!! :a040:

Belle
10-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the info. Then I guess I can contact DickY to find out the latest when I get down there. Do you call him the governor or mayor of the singles?

Thanks again.

Belle

New York Dottie
10-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Anyone doing anything tonight. Dinner, movies, KB, Barnes and Noble, please let me know

New York Dottie

KathieI
10-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi Dottie, welcome to TOTV.... your gonna love it!

Tonight is the Italian Parade at LSL square. Some of the folks are gonna meet around 4:15 pm outside Johnny Rockets at the square so they can proceed to watch the parade. Please join us.

You'll enjoy this group, they are a bunch of crazies... Let us know if you need any more information and hope you can join us tonight. KathieI....

chachacha
10-08-2008, 01:04 PM
hi gang here and far away,

CIB is correct, those of us who are already here are having a blast. tonight is the italian festival and i will eat all the pasta i want, thank you very much, tkret! now, friday night there is a singles dance at mulberry grove recreation center at 7pm and tickets are $8 from the box office. i have no idea who comes to these dances as it will be my first, but i encourage everyone to support all the singles activities we can so that more will be made available...hope to see you there!

KathieI
10-08-2008, 01:13 PM
ChaChaCha, Not sure I'm gonna make it to the square tonight, I'm behind on my chores and since its starting really early, I may not be done in time. But, please have my share of the pasta. I'm getting hungry as we speak.

Also the dance Friday night sounds good. We'll be in touch on that, if we can get the regular singles together it could be fun.

Just left DickY a voice message, the square is already a disaster. You guys may want to rethink the meeting place cause it will be impossible to get there, parking is extremely limited and they are putting up barriers where you can drive and in what direction. That was at 9:30 this morning, so I can imagine it will only get worse today.

OK, might see you tonight and maybe Friday. Thanks for the heads up!!

tkret
10-08-2008, 01:16 PM
hi gang here and far away,

tonight is the italian festival and i will eat all the pasta i want, thank you very much, tkret!

OK, chachacha, eat all the pasta you want. it'll be a nice change from the Franco-American that you usually enjoy so much. Be careful, though, because all those carbs will make you sleepy and you don't want to fall asleep while driving that fancy, new car home. Have lots of fun...wish I was there. ;)

Blondie
10-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Wow, i just read all the great things we have done lately....we sure have been busy....and what fun we have had. :a040::MOJE_whot::a040:

chachacha
10-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Well! I have never been so insulted in my life!! Tkret's remark about franco american was completely uncalled for! He has never tasted my delicious home cooking and i have informed him emphatically that he never will unless i receive a public apology on this forum!

Meanwhile, i did not eat pasta at the festival but rather a nice sicilian rice ball and half a canoli. (i shared with my wonderful son who was visiting). The tempting aroma of italian sausage filled the air but i resisted.

I never realized how many italian songs are out there until i heard a whole evening of them...so much fun and great memories as my folks' idea of a good time was gathering around the piano, played by my dad by ear, with my brother playing his guitar and my uncle bob playing his harmonica and everyone singing with gusto, and of course followed by wonderful food, a little wine, and expresso with anisette....anyone have similar memories out there?

Was reminiscing with johnnym and we wondered if the old traditions would survive the next generation....or will they die with us?

But on to happier thoughts....don't forget the singles dance friday night, 7 pm at mulberry grove center..a duo is playing, and the dress is described as dressy casual....i am looking forward to high heels as we do not get many occasions to wear them! Tickets are $8 and bring your resident or guest pass....hope to see a big crowd there! The usual suspects will be gathering at table 13. Is that a good omen? One can buy tickets ahead at any box office but i think they will be available at the door (?) don't know for sure, though.... Let's keep this thread alive....

tkret
10-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Oh Boy, I'm in trouble AGAIN! All I can say is that chachacha has told me that she can think of nothing more appetizing than rubber spaghetti in some kind of orange goo. But, if I misunderstood this Pretty Lady, than I do, indeed, apologize. Maybe she was actually speaking about Chef Boyardee! :1rotfl:

Chachacha: You are beautiful and smart and as Jackie told Alice so often: "Baby, you're the Greatest!"

chachacha
10-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Apology grudgingly accepted....but only because of your last line, you irish charmer, you.....

tkret
10-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Apology grudgingly accepted....but only because of your last line, you irish charmer, you.....

hugs :angel:

bestmickey
10-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Wish I was there! HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!

ConeyIsBabe
10-10-2008, 12:03 PM
My visit to the Oregon Coast was awesome and now I'm back reading up on all y'all's FUN!

Tonight we're gonna have our first FREEZE and it's forecast to be 30 degrees........ :cold:

Jerseygirl08
10-15-2008, 12:11 AM
:agree:

BillArmyRet, I love the slogan at the end of your posts. Very cool.

DickY, as usual, out having a blast. I love it.

It sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to get there f/t. An Italian parade and festival sounds fantastic too. I will be arriving just one day too late for that, boo hoooooo.

Will be there for the weekend events (Fri., Sat., Sun.) so looking forward to some fun.

CIB: I have been to the Oregon coast and it is truly beautiful. Can remember "Haystack Rock" which was incredible. Oregon is magnificent. So, until you can make it to TV, enjoy the beauty there, as I know you will.