PDA

View Full Version : Legal Question

LittleDog
12-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Last month my wife and I transferred the ownership of our house to our Living Trust thru a local lawyer. A warranty deed was sent to Sumter County and it was returned and stamped by Gloria Hayward. I thought that was all we needed to do. However, today I received 2 mailings. The first was a document called Recorded Deed Notice where they wanted $83 for a Current Deed and Property Assessment Profile. Their address was Westlake Village, CA. The second mailing was from a company in Tallahassee. They offer a property profile. They cost $95. I will call the lawyer on Monday but I think both of these offers are a waste of money.

Just wanted to get some opinion here. As of right now I will save my money and ignore these "offers"

John

Mimivillager
12-11-2015, 06:48 PM
We also just set up our trust. Our attorney told us to ignore the mailings when they came for a deed. The one he provided is all we need.

Mimivillager
12-11-2015, 06:50 PM
We also just set up our trust.
The attorney told us we would get these mailings but to ignore them. The deed he provided is all we need.

Phanatic Luvr
12-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Don't fall for it. Go on Sumter County Property Appraiser (that is if your home is in Sumter County) and punch in your address. It should show there was a change made, which cost us $100. paid to our attorney, and should be titles in the trust name.

mixsonci
12-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Good to know, thank you. I will soon be doing that also.