PDA

View Full Version : Singles dance friday night

chachacha
10-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Just in case anyone has not seen my prior mention of this, there is a singles dance friday night (oct 10) at mulberry grove recreation center at 7pm..tickets are $8 and can be obtained at any box office (not sure about at the door) music will be by a duo and dress is "dressy casual" so one is free to interpret that. Everyone should bring their own snacks and drinks.

I think it behooves us to support any singles activities so that there will be more of them...let's see everyone out there!

KathieI
10-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Sounds great, Cha x 3
Should we meet beforehand for a little repast
to sustain us for a night of dancing? All in Favor,
Say AYE!!

PGB
10-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Haven't decided yet. Cookie has some kind of worms and has to be treated tomorrow. I don't have anything that would be considered
"dressy casual", matter-of-fact I only have jeans or shorts.
Will let you know.
:shrug:

tkret
10-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Sounds great, Cha x 3
Should we meet beforehand for a little repast
to sustain us for a night of dancing? All in Favor,
Say AYE!!

a great big aye

DickY
10-09-2008, 04:48 PM
I got my ticket today, repast somewhere??? Aye.

chachacha
10-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Sorry about Cookie! Hope it will be something simple. The anxieties of motherhood! If you want to go, come on over and borrow a skirt or something....you would be missed...

chachacha
10-09-2008, 04:51 PM
AYE! Let's pick a place...

tkret
10-09-2008, 04:59 PM
If you want to go, come on over and borrow a skirt or something

Thanks, chachacha, I'll be right over.

KathieI
10-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Oh, Oh, guess who ISN'T invited!!
Mr. trouble-maker, can't come!
Right Cha x 3, remember the spaghetti comment..
Don't worry I'm watching out for ya!

Pat, I have nothing to wear either but I got Omar making me a new tent!!!! :MOJE_whot::MOJE_whot::1rotfl::1rotfl:

tkret
10-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Oh, Oh, guess who ISN'T invited!!

I love you KathieI. Oh, by the way, did I happen to leave my Ipod at your house when I left this morning?

Cassie325
10-09-2008, 07:29 PM
I love you KathieI. Oh, by the way, did I happen to leave my Ipod at your house when I left this morning?

omg....COUSIN you are going to be in SO much trouble...it is a good thing they all love you...no matter what a trouble maker you are! :1rotfl:

KATHIE....get him good!!!:a040::a040:

You had better get down here T....you are looking for trouble...and I have a feeling you will get it here! All good trouble though!!! You are too funny...this Irish sense of humor of ours could get get us in trouble....

Sorry impose on this forum....I might get in trouble if a certain lurker saw I was out here on singles forum...hehehehe :shocked:

Much love to you all!!!

redwitch
10-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Dressy casual? A skirt? Can we get tickets at the door?

Oh, and when/if spot for dinner is decided, please let me know. Not 100% sure I can make it, but would certainly like to.

KathieI
10-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Hope you can, Red. It would be nice to see you.

A skirt?? OMG, I hope not!

Donna
10-10-2008, 07:41 AM
Can I come too?????:pepper2:

PGB
10-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Gonna try, hope we can get ticket at door. I will have to dress up my jeans or something and maybe they will let me in.
Cookie had me up again last night! Hopefully the Vet will give her something that will take care of this pretty quick! Seems it gets worse when she is trying to sleep!
Later

BillArmyRet
10-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Sorry:( I missed it. North Carolina was just a bit too far to drive. Hope I can be there for the Christmas dance.
Bill

islandgal
10-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Are there any stories from the Singles Dance last Friday night? :pepper2::pepper2:

chachacha
10-15-2008, 11:46 AM
since you asked about how the dance was, for my part it was terrific...lots of good dancers, nice music which did not interfere with conversation, and fun mixer dances which got people acquainted without embarrassment...there were actually ALMOST as many men as women, so that was a nice surprise...hope the next one is another success....

bigfox
06-16-2009, 06:46 AM
October 10? At our age we don't even buy green bananas anymore. Do you expect us to plan for a dance 4 months out?

There is a singles dance this Wednesday June 17 at Laural Manor. Only 60 tickets were sold so far and if they don't sell at least 80, the recreation department will cancel the dance. So let's get out there and buy our ticket fast. Only 20 more need to go to make it happen. They already had to cancel the April singles dance for lack of interest. Hope to see you there.