PDA

View Full Version : Planned Development across from Pinellas

justjim
12-15-2015, 01:09 PM
The unnamed on-line news has news regarding 400 bungalows for 55 & over with two car garages $3,000-4,600 a month on 3 year leases. The pet friendly community will have a community center, pool and fitness center. An Apartment building (perhaps six stories tall), assisted living center and commercial space are also included in this planned development by WholeLife Development. This still must be approved by the Wildwood Council.

Next to this Development is the proposed Trailwinds Development with 572,750 sq.ft. Retail space, 296 homes, and 151,500 sq.ft. Of office space that has yet to break ground for some time. Trailwinds butts up to Sandhill executive course and to houses already built by The Villages developer.

The Villages Developer attempted to purchase and build on these properties but their proposal was turned down by the Wildwood Council.

Well, what do you think? Is all this "good or ugly" as grandpa use to say---for all of us village residents. Do you know or do you care? Does the Wildwood City Council know what they are doing or is this going to be a "bust"?

skip0358
12-15-2015, 01:11 PM
Doesn't much matter to me. Their making a HUGE investment. Didn't think there was that much of a demand for high end living thou. Time will tell.

CFrance
12-15-2015, 01:26 PM
I am very glad TV did not get that property, as they were not going to have any access to it through anything other than a tiny road in Tamarind Grove. It is already a struggle to turn left out of Tamarind Grove Run in the winter season. This development will have access through 466A.

The only thing I see as a problem for them are the three-year leases. Who knows what is going to happen in their lives in the next three years? I sure wouldn't want to commit to a lease for three years.

I hope their retail space will have another grocery store.

dewilson58
12-15-2015, 01:44 PM
Doesn't much matter to me. Their making a HUGE investment. Didn't think there was that much of a demand for high end living thou. Time will tell.

I agree..............not sure of the demand at that price point and term. I'm not excited, could definitely be an eye sore if it doesn't work. Depending on what "retail" comes in, could also be a sore. Hope I'm worrying too much and in five years, I'm looking at it with a smile.

dewilson58
12-15-2015, 01:45 PM
The unnamed on-line news has news regarding 400 bungalows for 55 & over with two car garages $3,000-4,600 a month on 3 year leases. The pet friendly community will have a community center, pool and fitness center. An Apartment building (perhaps six stories tall), assisted living center and commercial space are also included in this planned development by WholeLife Development. This still must be approved by the Wildwood Council.

Next to this Development is the proposed Trailwinds Development with 572,750 sq.ft. Retail space, 296 homes, and 151,500 sq.ft. Of office space that has yet to break ground for some time. Trailwinds butts up to Sandhill executive course and to houses already built by The Villages developer.

The Villages Developer attempted to purchase and build on these properties but their proposal was turned down by the Wildwood Council.

Well, what do you think? Is all this "good or ugly" as grandpa use to say---for all of us village residents. Do you know or do you care? Does the Wildwood City Council know what they are doing or is this going to be a "bust"?

So you can't even say *************??

Wow, that was cool.

biker1
12-15-2015, 02:08 PM
It appears that The Villages proposed development had access via 466A and 462, same as the new development plan.

I am very glad TV did not get that property, as they were not going to have any access to it through anything other than a tiny road in Tamarind Grove. It is already a struggle to turn left out of Tamarind Grove Run in the winter season. This development will have access through 466A.

The only thing I see as a problem for them are the three-year leases. Who knows what is going to happen in their lives in the next three years? I sure wouldn't want to commit to a lease for three years.

buzzy
12-15-2015, 02:32 PM
Six story apartment building would be an eyesore around here.

CFrance
12-15-2015, 05:56 PM
It appears that The Villages proposed development had access via 466A and 462, same as the new development plan.
I did not think there was any golf cart access anywhere except through Tamarind Grove postal station/pool park area.

justjim
12-15-2015, 06:04 PM

With all due respect, I remember the TV developer having access off 466A similar to the current proposal before the Wildwood City Council. We know the type of work the TV developer has done with The Villages. I figure the TV developer would never build "rentals" on that property, in fact, his proposal didn't include apartments. Tamarind Grove and St. James could have the most to lose with this so called mix-use development.

biker1
12-15-2015, 06:11 PM
Golf cart access is a lot different than car traffic. I am not sure I see the problem but it really doesn't matter anymore.

I did not think there was any golf cart access anywhere except through Tamarind Grove postal station/pool park area.

CFrance
12-15-2015, 06:16 PM
Golf cart access is a lot different than car traffic. I am not sure I see the problem but it really doesn't matter anymore.
I would not like to have 800 additional golf carts funneling in and out through one street in our small neighborhood. There would be a vast increase in traffic turning left out of Tamarind Grove onto St. Charles.

Yes, it doesn't matter anymore. I'm just stating my opinion that I'm glad it didn't go through.

RickeyD
12-15-2015, 06:55 PM
I don't like it; wish they could have kept it pasture land with cattle. Just as long as they don't allow some of the s**t trash from across the tracks in Wildwood to slip thru the cracks (you know, move in with Grandma or something like that) and filter in.

Don't think anyone from Wildwood is gonna lease here. Frankly don't think too many folks from anywhere will cough up 4K per month to rent in Central Florida ( AKA off the coast ):shocked: It ain't The Villages and will never be.:shocked:

JP
12-15-2015, 07:07 PM
I looked up the Wholelife company on the internet and it looks like they build a pretty sweet looking, high end development that would be a real asset to the area.

gomoho
12-15-2015, 07:12 PM
I looked up the Wholelife company on the internet and it looks like they build a pretty sweet looking, high end development that would be a real asset to the area.

Sweet looking, high end development at $4k a month sounds much better then a bungalow with a two car garage.

JoMar
12-15-2015, 07:20 PM
Don't think anyone from Wildwood is gonna lease here. Frankly don't think too many folks from anywhere will cough up 4K per month to rent in Central Florida ( AKA off the coast ):shocked: It ain't The Villages and will never be.:shocked:

I suspect that the company has a deeply researched business plan and have built other similar projects. They know who will be interested. Also, we have no idea so everything we put on here is pure speculation. I also suspect that if anyone had said anyone would pay 350K+ for a Courtyard Villa a few years ago we may have had the same opinion.

biker1
12-15-2015, 07:30 PM
I saw a CYV listed for almost $600K last year. I am sure they sold it.

I suspect that the company has a deeply researched business plan and have built other similar projects. They know who will be interested. Also, we have no idea so everything we put on here is pure speculation. I also suspect that if anyone had said anyone would pay 350K+ for a Courtyard Villa a few years ago we may have had the same opinion.

George Bieniaszek
12-15-2015, 07:31 PM
I didn't realize that this development will have golf cart access to The Villages. Three year leases ranging from 3000-4500 per month or $108,000-$162,000, all I can say is WOW!!! You could almost buy a new Patio or CYV if you extend the lease by an additional year. Wonder how appealing these rental leases will be.

RickeyD
12-15-2015, 07:40 PM
I didn't realize that this development will have golf cart access to The Villages. Three year leases ranging from 3000-4500 per month or $108,000-$162,000, all I can say is WOW!!! You could almost buy a new Patio or CYV if you extend the lease by an additional year. Wonder how appealing these rental leases will be.

The Villages is not going to allow golf cart access.

RVRoadie
12-15-2015, 08:16 PM
Wildwood could grant golf cart access with a crossing from Pinelas Plaza across 466A. Not much the developer could do to stop it without cutting off golf cart access to Pinelas plaza.

villagetinker
12-15-2015, 10:07 PM
So they would get GC access, still NO access to rec cntrs, golf courses, pools etc. Not real sure this would be a problem. They would get access to Brownwood :eek:, this could make things interesting on the square (Remember the square is WILDWOOD). I could see lots of GC traffic on Pinellas Place to Hendry.....

dbussone
12-15-2015, 10:13 PM

I understood the same

Northerner52
12-15-2015, 10:35 PM
Why would one want to live in TV and not be able to participate in so many activites?

patfla06
12-16-2015, 01:49 AM
I do not like the sound of this plan at all.
We currently have no apartments in The Villages.
How would they allow 6 story anything?
Traffic will be a nightmare.
Not happy with this news! :shocked:

rubicon
12-16-2015, 05:01 AM
I do not like the sound of this plan at all.
We currently have no apartments in The Villages.
How would they allow 6 story anything?
Traffic will be a nightmare.
Not happy with this news! :shocked:

Welcome to my world. Homeowners had a chance to have some say in developments of Florida listed on the 2010 ballot and they shot it down after developers and the real estate industry campaigned hard . Developers will continue to capitalize on every square inch of land and you are going to continue to see a sea a roofs from on high and the water department telling you that your using too much water meaning we need it for more development .

Some say the more the merrier yet I question they believe that when they have long waits in lines in traffic on the square. Paradise lost

Once again an observation and not a complaint

Cést la vie

outlaw
12-16-2015, 07:26 AM
I don't like it; wish they could have kept it pasture land with cattle. Just as long as they don't allow some of the s**t trash from across the tracks in Wildwood to slip thru the cracks (you know, move in with Grandma or something like that) and filter in.

Uh, that's already happening in TV properties.

justjim
12-16-2015, 09:53 AM
Why would one want to live in TV and not be able to participate in so many activites?

This mix-use development will not be a part of TV. The Villages Developer made a proposal to Wildwood City Council but his project (more of what we have) was turned down. This project that is currently proposed (apartments etc.) for this property is an "outside" company that has not previously built in this area.

It's unlikely (very) they will get access to TV via a golf cart. Of course, they will come by car to Brownwood and other squares and strip malls that are open to the public in TV.

NYGUY
12-16-2015, 10:36 AM
I seem to remember that this new development included a large number of Assisted Living Units. Are we mixing them up with these "apartments"? That might explain the high rents.

Thnonne
12-16-2015, 12:24 PM
They will not have golf cart access to The Villages unless they build an access across 466a. They will not have usage of The Villages facilities (i.e.) pools, pickleball courts, exec courses etc. I hope this is true and remains that way, if they do not pay Villages amenity fees they have no right to the facilities.

biker1
12-16-2015, 12:40 PM
I believe non-Villagers should not have access to the MMPs since they aren't paying to maintain them.

They will not have golf cart access to The Villages unless they build an access across 466a. They will not have usage of The Villages facilities (i.e.) pools, pickleball courts, exec courses etc. I hope this is true and remains that way, if they do not pay Villages amenity fees they have no right to the facilities.

mjdollard
12-16-2015, 12:44 PM
Press releases are cheaper than construction costs

villagetinker
12-16-2015, 01:12 PM
This mix-use development will not be a part of TV. The Villages Developer made a proposal to Wildwood City Council but his project (more of what we have) was turned down. This project that is currently proposed (apartments etc.) for this property is an "outside" company that has not previously built in this area.

It's unlikely (very) they will get access to TV via a golf cart. Of course, they will come by car to Brownwood and other squares and strip malls that are open to the public in TV.

The more I think about it, this will probably not be a "golf cart" type community, but I could be wrong since the ad mentioned 2 car garage. There does not appear to be any room for a tunnel or bridge across 466a, so the only other alternative would be an at grade crossing, and we should be able to comment on that to Sumter County. Can you imagine GC going across 466a???
Your point about more traffic is quite valid, especially at the squares.

Maybe the sale of booze at the squares (not the surrounding businesses) would be limited to residents (TV IDs required)....who knows.

NYGUY
12-16-2015, 01:37 PM
....Maybe the sale of booze at the squares (not the surrounding businesses) would be limited to residents (TV IDs required)....who knows.

They will never turn away money..$$

outlaw
12-16-2015, 02:17 PM
I think LSVs will still have access to TV via the existing shopping area. Licensed LSVs are allowed to cross highways at proper intersections. Unless Pinellas Pl street has a speed limit over 35 mph, an LSV will be able to drive on it. I think Pinellas Pl has a golf cart path on it, so that would mean golf carts would be able to use it to access TV if they can get across 466A somehow. Maybe a "special" golf cart crossing into the existing shopping area.

bagboy
12-16-2015, 03:27 PM
I would be extremely surprised if there ends up being golf cart access for the new planned development. And that would include any "easy" crossing point. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

sueandskip
12-16-2015, 04:51 PM
Nobody in that development has any right to use our cart trails...I am sure the Morrises will block off any cart entrance to our paths as he should....

sueandskip
12-16-2015, 05:02 PM
That's not part of the villages so they will have access to nothing by cart....

Villageswimmer
12-16-2015, 06:38 PM
That's not part of the villages so they will have access to nothing by cart....

Agree. Did someone say this would be a golf cart community?

skylane8
12-16-2015, 08:06 PM
I think this is a bust. They haven't built Trailwinds yet. There are plenty of places in the villages for rent year round for less than 3600 a month. How many people do you know that would pay that kind of money to live in the middle of Florida. I don't know anybody.

asianthree
12-16-2015, 08:28 PM
I think this is a bust. They haven't built Trailwinds yet. There are plenty of places in the villages for rent year round for less than 3600 a month. How many people do you know that would pay that kind of money to live in the middle of Florida. I don't know anybody.

During high season no worries, but who is going to pay $3600 a month for July

kcrazorbackfan
12-16-2015, 09:03 PM
Uh, that's already happening in TV properties.

Then we'll see a lot more pics of the trash on the online news.

bike42
12-17-2015, 07:26 AM
Take a look at the WholeLife Development website wholelife-companies (http://www.wholelifecompanies.com/)
There is no evidence that they have ever built anything.

RickeyD
12-17-2015, 07:42 AM
Take a look at the WholeLife Development website wholelife-companies (http://www.wholelifecompanies.com/)

Also, their business model premise is Baby Boomers have lived to see their largest asset lose much of its peak value. That may have been true 4 years ago, certainly not true today. I also think most intelligent people realize that when the government intervenes monetarily to help out a certain class of individuals things such as the Great Recession and housing crash will occur. The housing crash was an anomaly. Owning has always and will always be better then then renting. If this development gets ground footing they will not get what they think they'll get for rents.

CFrance
12-17-2015, 07:48 AM
Try their media page http://media.wix.com/ugd/0df201_e70f649bd4e3f0322266601feb378c3e.pdf

Jima64
12-17-2015, 08:14 AM

The villages developed from someones ideas. Did he have previous projects? I like the wellness concept of wholesome community living.

outlaw
12-17-2015, 08:17 AM
Nobody in that development has any right to use our cart trails...I am sure the Morrises will block off any cart entrance to our paths as he should....

I agree they don't have a right to the MMPs. But, the roads, except for courtyard villa neighborhoods, are public. Anyone can access virtually any village in TV. So once a golf cart gets onto Pinellas Pl, it looks like it will be able to access virtually all of TV MMPs.

CFrance
12-17-2015, 08:17 AM
The villages developed from someones ideas. Did he have previous projects? I like the wellness concept of wholesome community living.
According to the media page on his website, there are previous projects in existence. If you believe the pictures, they are quite nice looking.

Villager Joyce
12-17-2015, 09:41 AM
I question tbe decision to have seniors in a 6-story building. They will be up a creek without a paddle if there is an emergency that requires a partial or full evacuation.

RickeyD
12-17-2015, 09:46 AM
I question tbe decision to have seniors in a 6-story building. They will be up a creek without a paddle if there is an emergency that requires a partial or full evacuation.

Especially if wood construction is employed. Seems all the rage with too much frequency recently. Just wait when a sprinkler system fails due to a faulty sensor and inadequate fire inspections.

Villageswimmer
12-17-2015, 09:51 AM
According to the media page on his website, there are previous projects in existence. If you believe the pictures, they are quite nice looking.

I looked at the site, which is nicely done. However, I'm just not sure these lovely pictures aren't conceptual. If you look further, it looks like bonds were recently floated to acquire financing. I don't know. Maybe I'm missing something.

That said, I still think all this, or most of it, is pure speculation. We haven't really heard from the horse's mouth yet, have we? Did the online paper credit it's source? As I said, I could have missed something.

patfla06
12-19-2015, 12:54 PM
Why did Wildwood turn down The Villages for 800 homes but don't seem to have a problem with this plan which is much worse?

CFrance
12-19-2015, 04:51 PM
I looked at the site, which is nicely done. However, I'm just not sure these lovely pictures aren't conceptual. If you look further, it looks like bonds were recently floated to acquire financing. I don't know. Maybe I'm missing something.

That said, I still think all this, or most of it, is pure speculation. We haven't really heard from the horse's mouth yet, have we? Did the online paper credit it's source? As I said, I could have missed something.

My husband is of the same opinion. He'll believe it when the shovels show up.

Jdmiata
12-19-2015, 09:24 PM
I think this development will provide a measure of competition for TV. Competition is a good thing for the consumers ( us ). Bring it on.

Chi-Town
12-20-2015, 09:06 AM
Why did Wildwood turn down The Villages for 800 homes but don't seem to have a problem with this plan which is much worse?
Take a tour of Wildwood and you'll see its planning history.

outlaw
12-20-2015, 09:24 AM

I guess you will be disappointed with the TV hospital, Freedom Point, or the hundreds of high rise condos retirees live in.

Challenger
12-20-2015, 09:26 AM
Take a tour of Wildwood and you'll see its planning history.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$Duh!

justjim
12-20-2015, 09:27 AM
During high season no worries, but who is going to pay $3600 a month for July

You make a very good point. The proposal is for three year leases. There will be very few snowbirds in this complex.

Challenger
12-20-2015, 09:29 AM

"Worse " is a matter of perspective. In this case Wildwood would reap far more in taxes into perpetuity. Follow the$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

gomoho
12-20-2015, 09:41 AM
I think this development will provide a measure of competition for TV. Competition is a good thing for the consumers ( us ). Bring it on.

Would you have that same sentiment if it was in your backyard?

outlaw
12-20-2015, 09:50 AM

I imagine the previous owners(farmers, ranchers?) of that land had the same sentiment when TV developed right up to their property. Anyone who buys a house in TV bordering on privately owned property should realize anything may be built right up to their property line.

Chi-Town
12-20-2015, 09:56 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$Duh!
Your Duh! and my Huh?

CFrance
12-20-2015, 09:59 AM
I think what they said at the time was that they were looking for a more mixed-use kind of development, and TV wanted to circumvent some of their ordinances, such as not being golf-cart friendly to the community and not wanting to follow the tree-removal policy. If you do a search on the forum for "Wildwood Mayor," you'll come up with a couple of threads on it.

BTW, in those threads some are suggesting that it had something to do with the mayor not being elected again. Actually, the mayor never intended to run again, so that was not the issue.

Perhaps they felt they would get more taxes from mixed use.

Villager Joyce
12-20-2015, 10:01 AM
I guess you will be disappointed with the TV hospital, Freedom Point, or the hundreds of high rise condos retirees live in.

I'll just continue to scratch my head and wonder about the decision making.

CFrance
12-20-2015, 10:02 AM
We looked at a house that backed up to that property. Our sales agent was very forthright about the fact that development could occur and we could be looking at a parking lot, although the line of live oaks along the property line behind the house would probably be kept. I think anyone moving into that area would have to be very dense not to realize there could be development in their backyard.

justjim
12-20-2015, 01:59 PM
One must be careful what they wish for. Residents that backed up to that property didn't want golf carts going down their street. Sounds like they probably won't have golf carts going through their area of TV.

Of course, we have a pretty good idea of TV Developer's quality of projects . We will just have to "wait and see" about the overall quality of this project and if it's finished in a timely manner etc. etc.

Villageswimmer
12-20-2015, 04:10 PM
I think what they said at the time was that they were looking for a more mixed-use kind of development, and TV wanted to circumvent some of their ordinances, such as not being golf-cart friendly to the community and not wanting to follow the tree-removal policy. If you do a search on the forum for "Wildwood Mayor," you'll come up with a couple of threads on it.

BTW, in those threads some are suggesting that it had something to do with the mayor not being elected again. Actually, the mayor never intended to run again, so that was not the issue.

Perhaps they felt they would get more taxes from mixed use.

I recall tree removal being one of the objections as well. However, when you look at the land, there really aren't many trees there. Red herring, maybe?

asianthree
12-20-2015, 06:21 PM

No different than evac a six-story hospital. People are trained to do that. Once you get past 20 stories though it becomes a little more difficult and less fun.

kcrazorbackfan
12-20-2015, 07:13 PM
We looked at a house that backed up to that property. Our sales agent was very forthright about the fact that development could occur and we could be looking at a parking lot, although the line of live oaks along the property line behind the house would probably be kept. I think anyone moving into that area would have to be very dense not to realize there could be development in their backyard.

We looked at a cottage home there also; our realtor said there was going to be development there but didn't know what. We talked to a neighbor next to the home and he claimed to be "in the know" because he would go to all of Wildwoods meetings; said the buffer zone was going to be about 75'; sure doesn't appear to be that looking at the plans. So glad we found elsewhere.

NYGUY
12-20-2015, 10:01 PM
....The proposal is for three year leases. There will be very few snowbirds in this complex.

Actually there will be no snowbirds, since the "apartments" will be Assisted Living Units which command high rents.

Barboza
12-21-2015, 05:22 AM
There will be NO Golf Cart access to Villages land! & 70ft in total from rear fence line of Villages properties to fence line of new properties, with trees & shrub screen. Even if this gets through all the planning stages the Developer has stated it will be "many years" before anything is built!

Barboza
12-21-2015, 05:29 AM
That land is not Village property, comes under Wildwood, but privately owned.

Villageswimmer
12-21-2015, 08:00 AM
There will be NO Golf Cart access to Villages land! & 70ft in total from rear fence line of Villages properties to fence line of new properties, with trees & shrub screen. Even if this gets through all the planning stages the Developer has stated it will be "many years" before anything is built!

Just wondering what "Developer" said this? I heard they have two years to build or the deal is off. FWIW, I've seen surveyors on the property. We know sub parcels have been defined. IMO building something (?) is imminent.

outlaw
12-21-2015, 09:05 AM

No OFFICIAL golf cart access. It looks like all one has to do is access the store parking lot across the street, and total MMP access is gained via Pinellas Pl.

Villageswimmer
12-21-2015, 09:58 AM
No OFFICIAL golf cart access. It looks like all one has to do is access the store parking lot across the street, and total MMP access is gained via Pinellas Pl.

But how would a GC get across to Pinellas Plaza? They'd need to have a tunnel, right?

bike42
12-21-2015, 10:11 AM
Actually there will be no snowbirds, since the "apartments" will be Assisted Living Units which command high rents.

Justjim was referring to the 400 "bungalows" (i.e., villa-size lots) with "picket fences" (i.e., no privacy) that they expect to rent for $3000-$4000/month on year-round 3-year leases. This shows me that WholeLife has not done its homework. Why would anyone want to rent one of these when they can rent a premier home in the villages on a long-term lease for $2500, with all villages amenities? Or a bungalow villa with a water view for $2000? Or an ordinary villa on a long term lease for $1000-$1500 (all with Villages amenities)?

WholeLife is based in Texas and seems to be using suburban Dallas to set their rent expectations and their 6-story apartment building concept. They are dreaming.

Waverunner
12-21-2015, 10:17 AM
I remember that Wildwood and/or Sumter County made an agreement, (with some concessions), to allow the public building that houses the DMV and Library to be built where it is, to allow golf cart access to The Villages. It would not be a stretch to think, if it is in their domain, that Wildwood could allow a golf cart street crossing on 466A, to allow access to this building and Pinellas Plaza. It is speculation at this point.

justjim
12-21-2015, 10:39 AM
I remember that Wildwood and/or Sumter County made an agreement, (with some concessions), to allow the public building that houses the DMV and Library to be built where it is, to allow golf cart access to The Villages. It would not be a stretch to think, if it is in their domain, that Wildwood could allow a golf cart street crossing on 466A, to allow access to this building and Pinellas Plaza. It is speculation at this point.

Spruce Creek South subdivision residents drive their golf carts across US 441/27 in order to access Walmart, strip Malls and Lowes (I have seen them) located on the east side of the highway. There is no tunnel there---a signal light.

So driving a golf cart across 466A is not out of the question. There is precedent for this and once across 466A, you could drive your cart anywhere in The Villages.

Darlene Lansing
12-21-2015, 11:37 AM
I won't buy green bananas , less a 3 year lease !!!!!!🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴😎😎😎😎😎
Can't see the success of such a development !!

bagboy
12-21-2015, 12:19 PM
I would hope the Villages developer and the VCDD would do all they can to stop golf cart access from the new development mentioned into the Villages. But, I think to worry now is premature. The plans I have seen so far seem quite grandiose.

RickeyD
12-21-2015, 12:34 PM
Once the developer gets the numbers right they'll move on. Hopefully low income high rise housing won't take it's place, then I move on.

RickeyD
12-21-2015, 12:35 PM
Spruce Creek South subdivision residents drive their golf carts across US 441/27 in order to access Walmart, strip Malls and Lowes (I have seen them) located on the east side of the highway. There is no tunnel there---a signal light.

So driving a golf cart across 466A is not out of the question. There is precedent for this and once across 466A, you could drive your cart anywhere in The Villages.

Good point.

GreenHornet
12-21-2015, 04:05 PM
Is this a done deal or can TV submit another proposal ?

dewilson58
12-21-2015, 04:07 PM
The fat lady ain't singing yet.

Villageswimmer
12-21-2015, 04:10 PM
The fat lady ain't singing yet.

She ain't singing but she is on stage.

dewilson58
12-21-2015, 04:21 PM
She ain't singing but she is on stage.

:eclipsee_gold_cup:

villagetinker
12-21-2015, 04:56 PM
I was looking at Google maps, and there does NOT appear to be ANY golf cart access from Wildwood to this location. The newly rebuilt 466a has BIKE lanes, not golf cart lanes. There is currently NO golf cart crossing of 466a in this area, so IMHO we will not see a lot of golf carts with this development, cars will probably be a much bigger problem.
Also, putting in a GC crossing on 466a requires a lot more then painting some lines and changing traffic signal timing. Once you are on the TV side, there is nowhere to legally drive a GC until you get to Burnsed Blvd. I am not a traffic engineer, but this would probably require widening Pinellas Place from the gate to 466a for a GC lane. Not sure what else might be required.

Villageswimmer
12-21-2015, 06:12 PM
I was looking at Google maps, and there does NOT appear to be ANY golf cart access from Wildwood to this location. The newly rebuilt 466a has BIKE lanes, not golf cart lanes. There is currently NO golf cart crossing of 466a in this area, so IMHO we will not see a lot of golf carts with this development, cars will probably be a much bigger problem.
Also, putting in a GC crossing on 466a requires a lot more then painting some lines and changing traffic signal timing. Once you are on the TV side, there is nowhere to legally drive a GC until you get to Burnsed Blvd. I am not a traffic engineer, but this would probably require widening Pinellas Place from the gate to 466a for a GC lane. Not sure what else might be required.

Except for with folks on this forum, I don't think golf cars are an issue with this new development. It has not been called a golf cart community to my knowledge. Why assume it is? :shrug:

applesoffh
12-21-2015, 07:56 PM
People in the new development will have complete access to everything TV has to offer, except for the pools, clubs and golf courses. As for the rental rates, yes, it is a lot of money, but many folks our age don't want the responsibility of home ownership anymore. I'm pretty sure that the developer of the property did their homework before plunking down any money, or submitting any plans. Let's not panic just yet.

biker1
12-21-2015, 08:06 PM
What is the source of your information? Unless they are paying to maintain the MMPs, as we all are, what is your reasoning as to why they should have access?

People in the new development will have complete access to everything TV has to offer, except for the pools, clubs and golf courses. As for the rental rates, yes, it is a lot of money, but many folks our age don't want the responsibility of home ownership anymore. I'm pretty sure that the developer of the property did their homework before plunking down any money, or submitting any plans. Let's not panic just yet.

kcrazorbackfan
12-21-2015, 08:13 PM

So, if that is allowed (speculation) at Pinellas, shouldn't carts be allowed to cross 466a at Colony at the lights by Village Health Care, the Rehab place, the Vet, etc. and not have to go back thru the tunnel by Colony Rec Center?

dbussone
12-21-2015, 08:58 PM
So, if that is allowed (speculation) at Pinellas, shouldn't carts be allowed to cross 466a at Colony at the lights by Village Health Care, the Rehab place, the Vet, etc. and not have to go back thru the tunnel by Colony Rec Center?

I have already seen this numerous times.

outlaw
12-22-2015, 09:16 AM
But how would a GC get across to Pinellas Plaza? They'd need to have a tunnel, right?

No. They would not need a tunnel. They could cross at an intersection with traffic lights...IF Wildwood/government backs it. Also, any licensed golf cart/LSV/NEV could cross at an intersection with out any government action. I'm not saying this will happen. Just saying it could happen.

outlaw
12-22-2015, 09:18 AM

Based on my google map review, I think there is a golf cart lane along Pinellas Pl into the shopping area fronting 466a.

Sporty13
01-08-2016, 07:07 AM
I know already outsiders use our pools, they don't check ID's of people in the pool, or people with their eyes shut on chairs.

graciegirl
01-08-2016, 07:27 AM

I don't recall that. I do remember clearly when the wall was put up abruptly in the historical section, blocking all golf cart traffic, just before negotiations were to be made with Fruitland Park. Many people think the wall was put up in order to show a precedent of NO OUTSIDE GOLF CARTS.

(The wall was later replaced with a card scanner so villagers only could move back and forth to Walmart, etc.)

karostay
01-08-2016, 08:07 AM
Hope the master plan of the new plaza has a new resturant with outdoor seating that's non-smoking and pet free

Bogie Shooter
01-08-2016, 09:18 AM
I know already outsiders use our pools, they don't check ID's of people in the pool, or people with their eyes shut on chairs.

Really?

bagboy
01-08-2016, 09:55 AM

Maybe someone in your position of seeing outsiders at our pools and facilities should call Community Watch and ask them to come out and check IDs.

Barboza
01-21-2016, 05:06 AM
The article on front page today is not news!
The meetings were in early December, is this just trying to stir problems?

graciegirl
01-21-2016, 06:54 AM
The article on front page today is not news!
The meetings were in early December, is this just trying to stir problems?

There is nothing on the front page of the Daily Sun in any way about the development across from Pinelles.

600th Photo Sq
01-21-2016, 07:14 AM
I saw a CYV listed for almost $600K last year. I am sure they sold it.
There is a Courtyard Villa in Mission Hills going for over $ 650,000 ..

600th Photo Sq
01-21-2016, 07:22 AM
Speaking of developments: The land next to Traverse Plaza has recently been cleared, and my bet is the individuals who purchased a dwelling in Alden Bungalows have to be wondering Oh No what in the world what we were thinking of.

600th Photo Sq
01-21-2016, 07:53 AM
CFrance;1160961]We looked at a house that backed up to that property. Our sales agent was very forthright about the fact that development could occur and we could be looking at a parking lot, although the line of live oaks along the property line behind the house would probably be kept. I think anyone moving into that area would have to be very dense not to realize there could be development in their backyard.[/QUOTE]

Look at Alden Bungalows and that land has just been cleared ya gotta wonder why anyone would want to purchase there.

asianthree
01-21-2016, 08:09 AM

How does one know they are not a resident. Since they come every hour or so one can not stay in the water forever. Most leave their resident pass sitting on their bag so if napping you are not disturbing the nap

RickeyD
01-21-2016, 08:10 AM
Speaking of developments: The land next to Traverse Plaza has recently been cleared, and my bet is the individuals who purchased a dwelling in Alden Bungalows have to be wondering Oh No what in the world what we were thinking of.

If you come from the city it ain't nuttin.

Marathon Man
01-21-2016, 09:19 AM
I grew up in a small town. Then moved to a large city. Then another large city. Then back to a small town. Then here.

For me, larger size means more shopping and things to do. Larger population means more friends to do those things with.