PDA

View Full Version : just moved in

baileysdad
10-10-2008, 11:27 AM
I just moved into Hadley.. met some great people the other night in Sumters Landing...would like to find other Dog lovers and a golf partner

chachacha
10-10-2008, 12:17 PM
hi bailey's dad....it was fun to meet you the other night...i am sure you will make many friends here...just let us know when you return....ciao for now...

KathieI
10-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi Bailey's Dad, loved meeting you and Bailey at Sumter Landing the other night, also. Welcome to The Villages!! You will love Hadley, a group of us are your neighbors...

Just look around you, Hadley is surrounded by dog lovers. Everyone is so friendly and will chat while walking the pups around the neighborhood.

Can't help you about golf, however, unless your willing to teach me...
Good Luck and let us know if you need anything!! KathieI

baileysdad
10-10-2008, 01:35 PM
I can't believe I found you guys !!! I was not sure of the site or link you were on . Thanks for your hospitality the other night !!! can't wait to get back !!!!

Barefoot
10-10-2008, 07:13 PM
DDRR is a great place to meet dog people.

KathieI
10-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Sorry :police: I'm gonna hi-jack this thread......

Bare, someone walking their dog in Hadley today told me that he heard that dogs get fleas from DDRR. Have you experienced this?? I told him I had never heard that.

Blondie
10-11-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi baileysdad, So glad you enjoyed LSL the other night. We love all the dancing places...LSL, SS's, and of course Katie Belles. It was really nice meeting you..hope to see you again.
PS...can't help you out with golf, but if you ride a motorcycle, we could ride together....I love dogs, but do not have one at this time.

Donna
10-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Baileysdad...

Hello from a fellow Hadley Peep! Hope to meet you on our October visit..I do have three dogs, but they will remain in Pennsylvania with my horses,http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/brunhest2.gif (http://www.millan.net) fish, http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/aquariumsmile1.gif (http://www.millan.net)and other friends..

Enjoy The Villages, it certainly is a great place :a040:

jojo
10-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Hi Baileys Dad. It was fun meeting you and Bailey at LSL. You said you were going to post and you found us! We'll look forward to seeing you at the squares and KB.

TV MAN
10-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Good to meet you, Bailey's Dad . . . and the rest of the TOTV gang that welcomed us at LSL during recent evenings. Thanks, especially, to JoJo, for making us feel at home here in Amelia.

- TV Man Tony and wife, Susan :a040:

baileysdad
10-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Just wanted to thank you guys for the warm welcome to the Villages...Me and Bailey are looking so forward to getting out of the cold weather ( even though it's 80 in Mich today) ....You guys sure know how to enjoy life !!!! We should be back down around the first week in November...see ya then

dinch
11-07-2008, 08:59 AM
I'll be arriving November 17 for a month without knowing a soul in TV.
I'd love to meet up with three people looking to complete their foursomes during that week. I'll be staying in Sabal Chase, so would like to play the adjacent courses. Cane, Mallory, and Havana or the nearby Execs.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting lots of people.
David:0000000000luvmyhors

baileysdad
11-09-2008, 11:13 AM
good morning...was hoping for some help...my grandkids are coming down to spend a few days with me...and of course want to go to disney. are there any places to get reduced park tickets? or any other advise on visiting the park...it's sure feels good to be back

BBQMan
11-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Sorry :police: I'm gonna hi-jack this thread......

Bare, someone walking their dog in Hadley today told me that he heard that dogs get fleas from DDRR. Have you experienced this?? I told him I had never heard that.

Kathiel,

While I have gone past but not been to DDRR, I have been a pet owner and animal lover all of my life (well at least from age 4 on - that's when I brought home my first lost puppy). DDRR is a great place for dogs and a great place for fleas. With all the dogs and remains of dropping, there is no finer breeding place for fleas. There is a paradise for fleas and this is it, including the weather.

Your dog WILL pick up fleas at DDRR. What you need to do is make certain that you apply Advantage or a similar product at least once a month. This will eliminate 90% of the potential problem by making certain your dog is not a 'friendly host' to fleas. There will remain the possibility that fleas will get onto your dog at DDRR and then jump into your carpet at home. If you keep your eyes open, you will know if this occurs and can then can your pest control company to take care of it. NTW, DDRR is safe for both you and your dog - and you will both enjoy going there.

Wayne