PDA

View Full Version : Movie - Blindness

MSNPA
10-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Jose Saramago is one of my favorite authors so I felt I needed to see the movie since I was captured by the book. I was the only person in the theater (strange feeling) until right before the movie started and then someone else came in so we were an audience of two! This is not your happy go lucky film, but it stayed fairly close to the book. It is very dark and many people would not like this film. I am sure it will not be playing in The Villages after this week. I did like it, but I have always liked "off the wall" movies and books.

Taltarzac
10-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Jose Saramago is one of my favorite authors so I felt I needed to see the movie since I was captured by the book. I was the only person in the theater (strange feeling) until right before the movie started and then someone else came in so we were an audience of two! This is not your happy go lucky film, but it stayed fairly close to the book. It is very dark and many people would not like this film. I am sure it will not be playing in The Villages after this week. I did like it, but I have always liked "off the wall" movies and books.

I saw this movie too but am unfamliar with Jose Saramago's works. I do have the book Blindness on hold from the Lake County Library System so I will be able to compare the book with the movie soon.

I kind of liked Blindness the movie too.

MSNPA
10-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Tal,
I realize this is the movie forum, but since you mentioned the book I wanted you to know three other of Saramago's books I also read and loved -
The Double, All The Names and The Cave. Be warned his style of writing is very strange. His sentences all run together, but then again his works are translated from Portugese.

(and no it was not you in the theater - you are fairly young and this man was older)

cglenhar
10-30-2008, 01:16 PM
The book was a pulitzer prize winner and written in Stream of consciousness format. It was a little difficult to read until you got the rhythem down. I loved the book, and liked the movie. I waited for some of the scenes from the book that never came, but that is oten the case when I read the book first. Dark, very dark.