PDA

View Full Version : Space X Falcon 9 launch AND LANDING! WOW!

kcrazorbackfan
12-21-2015, 09:00 PM
Too cloudy to watch it from the patio; watched the launch online and then watch the first ever landing of the 1st stage booster - WOW! Experts thought that landing could never be done. That is huge - being able to re-use a 1st stage booster.

Topspinmo
12-21-2015, 09:27 PM
Yep, I went out seen the clouds, came back in and watched river monsters.

Ohiogirl
12-22-2015, 09:11 AM
We watched on a phone standing in the street trying to see thru the clouds. Trees block our view from the lanai/patio. Looked really cool on the phone. Have been thru Front page section of the paper today, and don't see any mention of it! Maybe I missed it, or maybe the paper goes to bed early, don't know.

JoMar
12-22-2015, 07:51 PM
Also watched it on the SpaceX web site.......plus Congress reinstated NASA funding back to usual funding limits......do you think they are finally understanding the importance of space or they just wanted to get home for the Holidays? Either way, it helps NASA.

justjim
12-22-2015, 10:31 PM
I have followed NASA and our space program since the early 60's. Many good advances have come out of the program. This is a major advance in the space program.

cuzg8tor
12-23-2015, 07:41 AM
We drove over to Port Canaveral and watched the event with hundreds of others. It was awesome but not as awesome as a shuttle launch. Must say that the booster descent and landing was spectacular. It was an easy less than two hour drive over and worth doing at least once.