PDA

View Full Version : Youtube thought I might benefit watching this video...

tomwed
12-25-2015, 12:12 PM
I did.

The Psychology of Everything: What Compassion, Racism, and Sex tell us about Human Nature. How the mind works. It's very easy to follow and answers a lot of questions I have [had?].

I found a link to the transcript too.
Bloom Transcript - Floating University (http://www.floatinguniversity.com/bloom-transcript)

What do you think?
v=328wX2x_s5g

Merry Christmas ---
[after this video, you will never see a glass of orange juice the same way again]

tomwed
12-25-2015, 04:28 PM
bump-pha-pha

tomwed
12-26-2015, 10:17 AM

Boomer
12-26-2015, 12:41 PM
I started to watch this but have not found time to finish it. I will though.

Is it from a MOOC list? -- I very recently learned that acronym, which means "Massive Open Online Courses" and have been trying to find a list of MOOCs but have not looked too far.

If you know of such a list, please share it. I have an interest in psychology, too.

I plan to finish the one you linked here sometime soon. But, I confess that I keep wanting to fix that professor's collar. -- Uh, oh, that focus on distraction probably reveals something deeply rooted in my own psyche. Whoops.....

buzzy
12-26-2015, 01:12 PM
I watched it in two sessions. I liked it. It made me feel good about myself. But it scares me that the younger generation gets so little exposure to real life, and so much manipulation by the media.

tomwed
12-26-2015, 01:48 PM
Thank-you so much for watching. It means a lot to me. I figure I'll look at anything or read anything for 5 minutes on this site. If it makes sense of I get pulled in I always appreciate someone else's opinion that is supported with links.

Boomer, this is not a mooc list but did you see this?
Home - Floating University (http://www.floatinguniversity.com/) Maybe this course will fill the bill.

Take a look at the lectures.
Get Started - Floating University (http://www.floatinguniversity.com/get-started)

"Our lectures are equivalent to a scholar distilling a 600-page textbook into one hour of lecture. However, our courses are not just a lecture with a camera aimed at the front of the room, but rather they are masterfully produced and illustrated video presentations with integrated ideas, graphics, and animation that make knowledge come alive."

Bloom's Lecture is one part of the course.

I'm listening and reading another one entitled Paul Bloom lectures "Against Empathy". It's the link between morality and empathy.

Lately I have been drifting from photoshop, lightroom, youtube lectures and and checking in on TOTV for conversation.

tomwed
12-26-2015, 02:23 PM
I watched it in two sessions. I liked it. It made me feel good about myself. But it scares me that the younger generation gets so little exposure to real life, and so much manipulation by the media.
I think you would enjoy the other lecture.

I like the other news source that cannot be mentioned. The crime page identifies what kind of crimes are being committed by locals. I wonder if most don't get caught.

buzzy
12-26-2015, 07:20 PM
I think you would enjoy the other lecture.

I like the other news source that cannot be mentioned. The crime page identifies what kind of crimes are being committed by locals. I wonder if most don't get caught.

Bookmarked the home page. Thanks.