PDA

View Full Version : Any Hockey Fans?

MMC24
10-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Any hockey fans in TV? Lots of threads of other sports but no mention of Hockey. I think that hockey is the fastest moving and the most exciting sport to watch. I was an avid Whaler fan and had season tickets until they decided to abandon Hartford and move to NC. Now, I have been a Boston Bruins fan for the past 10 years but also enjoy the college game. I always make a special effort to fly up to Boston to watch the "Bean Pot" Tournament and to catch a Bruins game or two plus enjoy a few days of winter before returning to TV. My trip is a good reminder of why I moved to TV to avoid the cold and snow and to get ready for Red Sox spring training trips.

Alex
10-13-2008, 08:23 PM
I got hooked on hockey in college (Hamilton College in Central NY) and have been a Sabres fan ever since. They have a good, young core of players, but have had financial problems for the last few years. They have been able to retain some of their players, but have lost their best. Last year their year was in the tank early, and they couldn't recover. This year they have started out with a couple wins, which will help. Have gone to a couple games a year, but catch them mostly on TV.

Big Bad Bruins are definitely their rivals (forever), so this could be interesting.

ijusluvit
10-13-2008, 08:37 PM
What a gas it was to sit just a few rows above the ice watching the Sabres win a shootout and their opener against Montreal. I enjoy lots of sports but nothing's faster or more exciting than hockey!

Alex
10-26-2008, 07:55 PM
It's an amazing start for the Sabres. They have gotten at least a point in every game thus far, and are never out of a game. They were down by two goals the other night (after Miller put the puck in his own goal) with 4 minutes left, but then scored two quick goals to go into overtime. Then 45 seconds into the overtime they won it. It's a tough division but it will be an interesting year.

mom2five
10-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Hockey is my favorite sport and coming from Toronto we are Leafs fans.

ijusluvit
10-27-2008, 09:11 PM
hmmm - Mom to five hey?
Sounds like you have the patience to be a Leaf fan.

(Go Sabres!)

Best Mom
10-31-2008, 09:28 AM
Mom2Five,
Of course you are a hockey fan...you're Canadian! It seems half of all the hockey players come from Canada. I live close to Niagara Falls so I go to Canada all the time.
Now back to hockey-Tampa Bay Lightning killed the Buffalo Sabres last night.
Everyone was complaining about Buffalo's goalie.

I think since I live in the Villages I will be a Tampa Bay fan. :undecided:

Number 6
10-31-2008, 04:32 PM
Now wait just a darn minute. How can anyone be from WNY and not be a Sabre fan? That is like moving from WNY and not being a Bills fan. Unthinkable!
Anyway, one or two loses does not a season make. The Sabres are on the right track, in no small part due to Mr. Galisano.

Best Mom
10-31-2008, 05:50 PM
Ok Ok Ok!
IF I bump into you inthe HSBC center I'll buy ya one of those BIG beers.:beer3:
I know very little about hockey but I like to party!

BarryB
11-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Will be closing in TV on Nov 26th. Beside family and friends what I will miss most is hockey. I've been a New York Ranger season ticket holder since 1968 and going to games well before that.

Alex
11-09-2008, 07:22 PM
We will have to put some road trips together to catch some Tampa Lightning vs. Rangers or Sabres. I am sure there are enough hockey fans in the villages to get a group together.

BarryB
11-09-2008, 09:40 PM
When I get settled in I'd be up for that
Tampa and the Rangers play their last this season on Nov 26th unless they meet in the playoffs

mom2five
11-10-2008, 09:22 AM
My husband and I would be more interested in a Maple Leafs game but would consider going to see The Rangers.

BarryB
11-10-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm a Ranger fan first. But I like hockey enough to see any teams play. It's the best sport to watch in person.

Alex
11-18-2008, 02:46 PM
I am sure there is enough interest that we could get a group together, meet up at a game, and maybe have a meal together before. I am not full time yet at TV, but am there around holidays. If we post a game, maybe we could get tickets for those interested and give it a go. Hockey is a game that everyone can enjoy, no matter what teams are playing.

BarryB
12-23-2008, 11:02 PM
What happened to the hockey talk