PDA

View Full Version : Softball practice

joemanzione
12-28-2015, 09:53 AM
Hi... I'm new to the villages....used to manage & play alot of softball , but, i haven't played in 20 years....before i get evaluated i would like to pratice...are there open pratices now going on in the villages?....i've checked the fields frequently, but, the fields are always empty....someone's help would be greatly appreciated.....thank you

cwo4mat
12-28-2015, 10:20 AM
Sunday mornings there is open practice at both fields.
The fields have been closed and today is the first day they are open for scheduled team practices.

joemanzione
12-28-2015, 12:07 PM
Hi ..THANK YOU .....I went to both Saddlebrook & the new field by SR 44 on Sunday....nothing at Saddlebrook...women at the new field....is there a person that I can call to confirm if pratice is going on , where & what time...THXS AGAIN

ureout
12-28-2015, 02:37 PM
Hi ..THANK YOU .....I went to both Saddlebrook & the new field by SR 44 on Sunday....nothing at Saddlebrook...women at the new field....is there a person that I can call to confirm if pratice is going on , where & what time...THXS AGAIN

No.... most times it just hit and miss in the late afternoons....fields just opened today after 2 week maintenance...as earlier posted sundays at buff glen & saddlebrook are open practice....saddlebrook normally starts around 8am...buff glen is usually later

joemanzione
12-28-2015, 02:50 PM
Hi ureout...THANKS ALOT ..APPRECIATED...your user name s/b : ba****...TAKE CARE

joemanzione
12-28-2015, 02:51 PM
should have read basehit

John_W
12-28-2015, 06:54 PM
Last I heard, there is open practice on Wednesday at 1:30 at Saddlebrook, that's by the polo fields. I hadn't played in 30 years when I moved here in 2011. After evaluation I was made level 4 and this Jan 10th I'll be starting my 14th consecutive season of neighborhood (Saturday) softball, we play three 14 game seasons a year. I also played RBL league (Tuesday) all levels together, this last season but two days a week was a little too much when you try to fit in golf and everything else.

joemanzione
12-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Hi John W...Thank you...I hope to do the same as you, bt, I need ALOT of pratice first...i agree fitting in two days might be hard , but , I 'm gonna give it a try ...GOOD LUCK TO YOU & THANKS AGAIN