PDA

View Full Version : curious

mulligan
10-15-2008, 05:39 PM
After having spent 5 wonderful days @ TV, (yes I drank the water), I consider myself an official wannabe. One question comes to mind, however, are UPS, DHL, and FEDEX allowed to deliver to homes in TV???

villages07
10-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Mulli....

No problem with home delivery by these express mail companies. As you may have noticed or read on this site, TV is not truly a gated community. The roads (in Sumter) are county roads. The gates are deterrents and these delivery trucks have to hit a button to get thru the gates. On any given day, as I look up and down my block, I usually see several service/contractor vehicles doing business. It's a Florida thing.

For USPS, there are large parcel boxes at each postal station. Your carrier will leave a key for a parcel in your mailbox.

graciegirl
10-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Village07. We have yet to open our post office box function. (Pay and get started.) Is it an option, since we are snowbirds to have our mail forwarded to Fruitwood Post Office, general delivery and pick it up there? Do you know anyone who has done this? I will be mailing ebay items daily there anyway.

renielarson
10-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Fedex and UPS has delivered to our home without any problems. You have no need to worry!

rshoffer
10-20-2008, 09:41 AM
YES they can

Donna
10-20-2008, 10:16 AM
After having spent 5 wonderful days @ TV, (yes I drank the water), I consider myself an official wannabe. One question comes to mind, however, are UPS, DHL, and FEDEX allowed to deliver to homes in TV???

Mulligan..I have sent lots of packages to Kathi's house in Hadley..Thank God she is kind enough to let me do this, it saves me lots of time when I get to TV..
I know it's not a problem!