PDA

View Full Version : Does Autocorrect try to make you look like an idiot, or is it just me?

Boomer
01-05-2016, 10:26 AM
This morning, as I was answering emails, that %#*^€%~ Autocorrect turned "be required" into "bets equities" and "introduced" into "nitro ducks."........Actually, that last one could be a good name for a band, but I don't have a band.

It seems like lately the artificial intelligence (or whatever the heck it is that Autocorrect is made of) is becoming more and more power crazed.

Is Autocorrect out to get just me or does this happen to you, too?

Boomer

manaboutown
01-05-2016, 10:28 AM
It frequently messes up my texts, posts and emails. My daughter has turned hers off. Maybe I should do that as well.

memason
01-05-2016, 11:02 AM
I think it's just you! :D

tomwed
01-05-2016, 11:02 AM
I don't know if this is helpful or not.
I have my phone linked to my gmail using google voice. If I'm at home I text from google voice on my laptop. It's so much faster for me, it spellchecks and stores everything as well.

golfing eagles
01-05-2016, 11:13 AM
Does Autocorrect try to make you look like an idiot, or is it just me?

It tries to make some look like idiots, others are already idiots and no further effort is required:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Boomer
01-05-2016, 11:20 AM
I think it's just you! :D

Ohhhhhhh, me oh my, ohhhhhhh, memason, I think you are right. I think there just might be something to that old saying about how just because you are paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you......Yep......

And about those texts....one of the worst happened when I had turned off Autocorrect. That is a Catch-22......

I was texting my daughter to tell her I could not meet her because I was waiting for the furnace man because we were having a problem with our duct work........

But.......it was not a 'd' that I had typed on the front of 'duct.'

Blushing Boomer

golfing eagles
01-05-2016, 11:22 AM
Ohhhhhhh, me or my, ohhhhhhh, memason, I think you are right. I think there just might be something to that old saying about how just because you are paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you......Yep......

And about those texts....one of the worst happened when I had turned off Autocorrect. That is a Catch-22......

I was texting my daughter to tell her I could not meet her because I was waiting for the furnace man because we were having a problem with our duct work........

But.......it was not a 'd' that I had typed on the front of 'duct.'

Blushing Boomer

I take it the "furnace" was not "hot" enough:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

dewilson58
01-05-2016, 11:26 AM
The artificial intelligence is greater than mine.

golfing eagles
01-05-2016, 11:31 AM
The artificial intelligence is greater than mine.

Doubt it. You're clearly smart enough to be here in TV:beer3:

JoMar
01-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Or when it doesn't catch what you mean and you order a sex pack of something :)