PDA

View Full Version : Australians Can Buy Powerball tickets.

Taltarzac725
01-12-2016, 05:06 PM
How to buy tickets for the US Powerball lottery from Australia (http://www.news.com.au/finance/money/wealth/record-us15-billion-powerball-draw-now-open-to-australian-punters/news-story/721f7559c04f39ccd61787fcc80dc303?)

I thought this was interesting.

WHO wants to be a billionaire?
Lottery company Lottoland is giving Australians the chance to enter the world’s biggest ever lottery, the whopping $US1.5 billion ($2.15 billion) Powerball jackpot.
The Gibraltar-based betting company, which has offices in Sydney and Darwin, has been awarded a five-year license by the Northern Territory Racing Commission to open online gambling in international lotteries.
Previously, players were required to travel to the lottery’s country of origin to be able to play. “We are very excited about this, and Lottoland is setting the pace in opening up winning customer opportunities right around the world,” Lottoland spokesman Luke Brill told Yahoo.

I have not bought any tickets yet but maybe if it goes past Wednesday. I still am terrified of what kind of people would be attracted to me if I won this huge amount of money and everyone knew about it. Winning it anonymously would be great but I do not think Powerball works that way??? Have memories of watching movies and shows about people like Howard Hughes who earned his fortune but still went crazy or perhaps he was that way to begin with?

tomwed
01-12-2016, 05:28 PM
How to buy tickets for the US Powerball lottery from Australia (http://www.news.com.au/finance/money/wealth/record-us15-billion-powerball-draw-now-open-to-australian-punters/news-story/721f7559c04f39ccd61787fcc80dc303?)

I have not bought any tickets yet but maybe if it goes past Wednesday. I still am terrified of what kind of people would be attracted to me if I won this huge amount of money and everyone knew about it. Winning it anonymously would be great but I do not think Powerball works that way??? Have memories of watching movies and shows about people like Howard Hughes who earned his fortune but still went crazy or perhaps he was that way to begin with?
Don't worry Tal. If you win, we'll be here for you.

Nucky
01-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Don't worry Tal. If you win, we'll be here for you.

You won't even have to call for backup. Lobster crew will assist you. Everyone.

dbussone
01-12-2016, 06:32 PM
You won't even have to call for backup. Lobster crew will assist you. Everyone.

AMEN. that's the truth. And could we quit speaking in 3 word sentences?

dbussone
01-12-2016, 06:45 PM

When we lived in Las Vegas I met A high level employee of Howard's who reported to Hughs personally. He told me that Howard was pretty normal until he started covering his windows with aluminum foil. I leased an office in a building that the Hughs Corp owned. Howard apparently had an office there at one time. There was an attached kitchen that was probably 2000 sq feet. And a balcony overlooking Vegas that had a drop dead view.

Topspinmo
01-12-2016, 06:58 PM
How are you going to win if you haven't brought a ticket yet? Yes, you can remain undisclosed by doing trust. Anybody that flashes it in tv are asking for lots of problems. Also, remember to hire warren buffet tax cheat lawyers, so you can pay less then his secretary!

Taltarzac725
01-12-2016, 07:24 PM
How are you going to win if you haven't brought a ticket yet? Yes, you can remain undisclosed by doing trust. Anybody that flashes it in tv are asking for lots of problems. Also, remember to hire warren buffet tax cheat lawyers, so you can pay less then his secretary!

We will see about my buying a ticket. I saw from CBS News tonight that the Canadians have lottery fever too and are coming to buy their tickets as well.

Topspinmo
01-12-2016, 07:29 PM
I remember when lottery first hit 100 million years ago. They were flying in from all over the world!

dbussone
01-12-2016, 08:23 PM
We will see about my buying a ticket. I saw from CBS News tonight that the Canadians have lottery fever too and are coming to buy their tickets as well.

If a Canadian is going to win I hope it will be Barefoot.

If an Ohioan, let it be Gracie Girl.

If a French lover? I hope it is CFrance!

If a former Renoite, it needs to be Tal.

If a cold NJ guy, let's hope it is Nucky.

GE probably doesn't need it, but I wish him luck too.

And then there are Tomwed, Rubicon, bogie and a whole bunch of other deserving characters.

Let's just split it.

Topspinmo
01-13-2016, 08:03 PM

And then there are Tomwed, Rubicon, bogie and a whole bunch of other deserving characters.

Let's just split it.

Beings you didn't mention my name I'm cutting you out!:1rotfl::1rotfl:

CFrance
01-13-2016, 11:26 PM

Let's just split it.
Nice post!:BigApplause::BigApplause:

CFrance
01-13-2016, 11:28 PM
Beings you didn't mention my name I'm cutting you out!:1rotfl::1rotfl:
How 'bout if it's an excellent tennis player? I seem to recall that would be you?

Topspinmo
01-13-2016, 11:46 PM
How 'bout if it's an excellent tennis player? I seem to recall that would be you?

Was, too old, too plump, too many warn out parts. I was joking, I have to play in order to win?:cryin2:

rubicon
01-14-2016, 06:30 AM
[B][/B

]The government bookies are making quite a haul via the lotteries they implement . We complain about taxes but here we are volunteering our hard earned money. Has anyone any idea were all that money really goes? By my account there should not be a state in the union needing an income tax that has also the benefit of a lottery. and those states with no income tax ought not to need pay school taxes..if you believe what the lottery advertises about billions going to education.

Powerball is such a huge tax draw they reconfigured the numbers so now it is 50% more difficult to win.. the reason is so they could have a higher nominal jackpot to suck in more money.

I know I know ..you can't win if you don't play" Yet millions upon millions of people play lotteries every day, some forking over large amounts and they never win. But vanity wins out because we all say well I could be the
winner...but then it is a dream but dreams do not have to cost much. Play wisely

Personal Best Regards