PDA

View Full Version : Aldi overcharge

Arctic Fox
02-20-2016, 07:24 AM
I thought my weekly shop at Aldi was rather expensive but, since I had bought more items than usual, I didn't think too much of it.

Once I got home I looked at the receipt and on it there were two Coca-Cola 12-packs - total around $8 - that weren't mine.

Maybe two of something else I bought incorrectly scanned as Coke, or maybe it was just a glitch?

My fault for not checking the receipt at the store, but please be aware.

ladygolfer123
02-20-2016, 08:25 AM
I think if you were to take your receipt back to them and explain...they are very fair to their customers regarding returns, receipt error etc. Can't hurt to try!

Villager Joyce
02-20-2016, 08:28 AM
Many years ago there was a grocery store in my hometown (A&P) that had an item at each register which was rung up about every 6 or 7 customers. It was usually an item that cost about a dollar---not enough for people to act on. Finally it increased to a mop that was a few dollars. Don't remember how but finally they got caught. NOT SAYING ALDI DID THIS. I'm sure it was an honest mistake.

Walter123
02-20-2016, 08:31 AM
I thought my weekly shop at Aldi was rather expensive but, since I had bought more items than usual, I didn't think too much of it.

Once I got home I looked at the receipt and on it there were two Coca-Cola 12-packs - total around $8 - that weren't mine.

Maybe two of something else I bought incorrectly scanned as Coke, or maybe it was just a glitch?

My fault for not checking the receipt at the store, but please be aware.

Was the number of items on your receipt the same as the number of items you bought? Are two items that you bought not on the receipt? I hate when stuff like that happens.

Jima64
02-20-2016, 09:24 AM
I usually shop from a list and this helps me keep track if the total seems a little high. I normally spend about the same each week and can account for differences.

graciegirl
02-20-2016, 09:24 AM
Take your receipt in. I am sure they will credit you.

dbussone
02-20-2016, 03:01 PM
Many years ago there was a grocery store in my hometown (A&P) that had an item at each register which was rung up about every 6 or 7 customers. It was usually an item that cost about a dollar---not enough for people to act on. Finally it increased to a mop that was a few dollars. Don't remember how but finally they got caught. NOT SAYING ALDI DID THIS. I'm sure it was an honest mistake.

The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company. I remember it well. And S&H Green Stamps.

asianthree
02-20-2016, 03:08 PM
The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company. I remember it well. And S&H Green Stamps.

That's where my toys came from, A&P

dbussone
02-20-2016, 03:10 PM
That's where my toys came from, A&P

A few of mine did as well.

Debfrommaine
02-20-2016, 03:14 PM
I've found Aldi very easy to deal with if there is an issue - go talk with them. Same happens at Publix, at least from my experience.

Villager Joyce
02-20-2016, 03:27 PM
My dishes, flatware and pots & pans all came from A&P, one item at a time.

Arctic Fox
02-20-2016, 04:57 PM
Thank you all for the advice

dbussone
02-20-2016, 06:15 PM
My dishes, flatware and pots & pans all came from A&P, one item at a time.

Please don't take offense, but so did my mom's. If I went to A&P for her, I always had instructions on the piece to get.

Villager Joyce
02-20-2016, 06:42 PM
From you, no offense taken. BTW, still using the flatware. My first microwave was given to me by my parents when I purchased my first home in 1971. It cost $800 back then and weighed a ton. It finally broke in 2014.

Nucky
02-20-2016, 06:59 PM
A few of mine did as well.

How about that coffee grinder in the aisle and at the checkout at A&P. Good stuff. What a difference 1000 miles makes. Aldi sounds like they are held in high regard at TV other than this snafu. Pathmark a whopper food chain just went belly up in NJ. The people who lost their jobs we feel terrible about but they priced themselves rite out of competition and poor service hurt them also.

dbussone
02-20-2016, 07:01 PM
From you, no offense taken. BTW, still using the flatware. My first microwave was given to me by my parents when I purchased my first home in 1971. It cost $800 back then and weighed a ton. It finally broke in 2014.

VJ - it sounds like the microwave outlasted several homes. And given the weight, I think I may know the model you had.