PDA

View Full Version : Planning on moving to TV.......

Z06-LITE
11-10-2008, 10:02 PM
My wife and are are talking about a possible move to the Villages some time when we get our homes sold soon We would really like some information on monthly fees,lawn maintainence. Also does anyone have information on costs of adding a third garage or golf cart garage? What are the average costs of cable garbage pick up etc.Thanks.George

Bogie Shooter
11-11-2008, 10:45 AM
George,
sounds like a visit is in order, to answer your questions.

jeffy
11-11-2008, 05:54 PM
My name is George my new wife and I am planning on moving to the villages as soon as my house in North Fl sells. I am interested in the Villages of Amelia and the model I like is the Amarillo with the golf car garage. I believe it to be 1392 sq. ft. Does anyone have this particular model that can share some likes and dislikes about it? I am interested in what the monthly fees may cost, as well as the approximate electric bills for an all electric home. Will I be responsible for grass mowing, and landscape duties? What are the costs monthly for upkeep on yard etc? I am just learning a bit about your fine community, but I really like everything I have seen so far. I am a classic car collector and I understand there are weekly cruise-ins at the town square. Does anyone here participate in those car events? I would really like to hear from anyone that is involved in the old car hobby. Thanks for all your help, George .

Yes, you are responsible for grass and landscaping. Most people get with their neighbors and have the same company do all the grass mowing. It will probably be 40/month or less. DO NOT pay companies in advance.

There are not WEEKLY classic car shows at the squares, but I think they are more like monthly.

Congrats on your decision to come to paradise.:coolsmiley:

jeffy

F16 1UB
11-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Here ya go my friend. ZCAVEMAN has been a plethera of info for all. Click on the link below and look at parts 1 thru 3.

Car buff huh!!! I'll see ya in the Squares. I like your cute little plastic, fiberglass, balsawood (unless they chg'd flooring) composite, aluminum, steel, go fast car.

F16

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139

EdV
11-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Here is a breakdown I received recently from TV

Estimated Monthly Cost of Living in The Villages...
This estimate is based on a $250,000 home in The Villages with a homestead exemption. Monthly costs will vary considerably depending on the size of a home and its usage as well as the type and size of the homesite it occupies.

130.00 Contractual Amenities Fee (see above
21.00 Sewer
36.00 Water
168.00 Average Gas/Electric
18.00 Trash Collection
40.00 Basic Telephone
53.00 Basic Cable Television
100.00 Insurance
240.00 Average Taxes
150.00 Development District Assessment
---------------------------------------------
956.00 Total per month

* Community Development District Assessments vary by unit, currently ranging from approximately $90 to $190 per month.
Please understand that all prices reflected or estimated in printed material are subject to change without notice or obligation.

Z06-LITE
11-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks to everyone who answered my questions. I still have a lot of things to cover, but it is looking good so far. I like many thing about the Villages and plan a visit there in the next few weeks with my wife.We will see how it goes with selling our two homes first .We have to look at a few houses I have my eye on. Thanks George

Z06-LITE
11-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Thanks.

Z06-LITE
11-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Here ya go my friend. ZCAVEMAN has been a plethera of info for all. Click on the link below and look at parts 1 thru 3.

Car buff huh!!! I'll see ya in the Squares. I like your cute little plastic, fiberglass, balsawood (unless they chg'd flooring) composite, aluminum, steel, go fast car.

F16

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139

Thanls