PDA

View Full Version : Lawn mower selection

Coconuts
11-12-2008, 06:22 AM
Does anyone on TOTV cut their grass with a non-motorized reel lawnmower? You know, the kind EVERYbody had 50 years ago? I ask because this grass (zoysia?) looks pretty tough and we need to buy one soon before the lawn police come a knockin'.

graciegirl
11-12-2008, 07:20 AM
Coco. Where are you in Hadley???????. PM me!!! I am tired of knocking on doors saying...ARE YOU COCONUTS???

I will come with my scissors. Anything to help a friend.

JohnN
11-12-2008, 08:33 AM
I seriously thought about a reel mower (so did my wife - for me to use LOL), but instead opted for a push power mower for my little patio villa. That grass is a lot tougher than my Bermuda at my old place. Fortunately it doesn't grow so very fast.

However, I'm happy I got the power mower.
Let us know how it all works out for you.

NJblue
11-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Does anyone use elctric or battery-powered in TV? It seems as though the yards are small enough to use battery-powered lawnmowers which would be easier to start and also much more quiet.

JohnN
11-14-2008, 12:06 PM
NJBlue, my neighbor has an electric for a patio villa, and he says it wouldn't do the job and went out and bought a gas mower. I have a gas push mower and think it's just right.

I would think electric would do it, but that's what he told me. I thought about buying his electric, but I sure don't need two. He might be in the market to sell it, unfortunately I won't be back in TV til late January to ask.