PDA

View Full Version : The Little Tab

Walter123
03-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Have you ever tried pulling foil or plastic wrap from a box only to have the whole roll come out of the box and roll all over the floor?

Well, I discovered what most probably know, but some may not. There are little tabs on the sides of the box that you push in and they hold the roll in the box!

Amazing find for me!

Ecuadog
03-03-2016, 02:08 PM
And I thought that I knew it all. Thanks.

outahere
03-04-2016, 09:17 AM
Have you ever tried pulling foil or plastic wrap from a box only to have the whole roll come out of the box and roll all over the floor?

Well, I discovered what most probably know, but some may not. There are little tabs on the sides of the box that you push in and they hold the roll in the box!

Amazing find for me!

I never even thought to look at the ends of the box, but sure enough there are little push in tabs. Something I didn't know - thanks for the tip.

BobnBev
03-04-2016, 09:22 AM

Amazing find for me!

Send that hot tip to hints from Heloise....:wave::024:

BK001
03-04-2016, 10:03 AM
I too just pulled out my foil and Voila -- the tabs! How did I get to this age after cooking what feels like bazillions of meals for dinners, parties and even a couple of weddings without knowing this? See -- you can teach an old dog a new trick! Thanks.

buzzy
03-04-2016, 11:40 AM
Thanks. Just did all four rolls in the kitchen drawer.

Walter123
03-04-2016, 04:27 PM
:coolsmiley:

rubicon
03-04-2016, 05:47 PM

Amazing find for me!

Show off:D

ajbrown
03-04-2016, 06:55 PM
It is a great find. I had no idea until your post.

I googled it and found this which is funny as it seems no one knows :). No one is in bold as it is a slight exaggeration...

End locks: aluminum foil and saran wrap box tabs are a great invention. (PHOTO) (http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/05/20/end_locks_aluminum_foil_and_saran_wrap_box_tabs_ar e_a_great_invention_photo.html)

From the URL:

Rick Evans, a graphic designer based in Underhill, Vt., wrote in to point out the little impressionable tabs that appear on the ends of boxes of aluminum foil and plastic wrap. My quick informal survey confirms what Rick himself found: that approximately 0 percent of the American population is aware of the existence of these tabs.

CFrance
03-04-2016, 10:40 PM
I saw this on an email forward a few years ago. I had never known it either. In the same email there was a tip that the little gas pump icon on your car dashboard shows you which side of the car the gas tank cap is on. I think that didn't hold true for our (lemon) German car. But then nothing held true for that car.

Jima64
03-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Finally after all these years of frustration.

tomwed
03-06-2016, 04:18 PM
thank-you
I just pushed in my tabs too.

Nucky
03-06-2016, 05:43 PM
thank-you
I just pushed in my tabs too.

SHHHH! My wifey loves me now because I R so smart. Thank's for the tip. Got anything else for tomorrow?? This is your welcome back question tomwed...go ahead have fun.