PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on Medicare taking Enbrel?

bebemary
11-21-2008, 11:20 AM
I take Enbrel to deal with my arthritis inflammation; very helpful, but expensive drug and no generic available. I just recently was layed off my job and lost my employee health insurance. I have joined Medicare (AARP Choice 2 Advantage Plan) and given my sudden financial plight, I can no longer afford this drug. (Can't afford 33% of $1,400 per month) My income isn't at poverty level but I cannot afford to drain my limited retirement benefits to pay for this drug. Any suggestion or advice? I am doing all I can to find another job but so far no luck. :sad:

Number 6
11-21-2008, 12:41 PM
You should never take no for an answer with pharmaceutical companies. You need to call up the Enbrel reimbursement hotline at 1-888-4ENBREL and explain your situation. Pharmaceutical companies (Wyeth and Amgen co promote this drug) think it is bad PR for people not to be able to afford their drug. If this doesn't work, have your physicians office contact the Wyeth or Amgen local rep to help out. They are in the rheumatologist's office all of the time.
Good luck.

bebemary
11-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

barb1191
11-21-2008, 08:05 PM
You should never take no for an answer with pharmaceutical companies. You need to call up the Enbrel reimbursement hotline at 1-888-4ENBREL and explain your situation. Pharmaceutical companies (Wyeth and Amgen co promote this drug) think it is bad PR for people not to be able to afford their drug. If this doesn't work, have your physicians office contact the Wyeth or Amgen local rep to help out. They are in the rheumatologist's office all of the time.
Good luck.

If you're a veteran, advise that you contact the VA. I've had a few friends in similar situations and they have been able to get scripts for less from the VA, having served in the military. Hope this helps.