PDA

View Full Version : Santiago or Rio Ponderosa

Fredz411
11-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Hi my wife & I will be visiting my father in-law for Thanksgiving. We are interested in purchasing a home and thought we start looking in these two areas. Is there someone or group that likes to do a morning walk. I thought this would be good way to look over the area, ask a few questions and be part of a workout. Looking at the 28th & 29th.

Thank You.

jeffy
11-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Any special reason why you are looking in these two areas???? Is that where your father-in-law lives? I personally would look in the areas south of 466. They are much newer, very close to shopping and or Sumter Landing ( they will have much higher bonds though if not paid off). I would also look in the new home areas, especially Bonita (it is closer to LSL than Hemingway and Hadley). The price of new homes in VERY attractive right now. We just went thru the process of helping the in-laws buy here, and a new home in Bonita is what we thought had the best value.

No :cus: please , these are all my personal opinions.

jeffy

nONIE
11-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Jeffy,

Just a little:cus:ok?

We took a golf cart ride thru Rio Ponderosa recently and really loved that village. I think it was mainly because of the very mature lanscaping and trees.
It really was beautiful and I think if we moved we would start ;looking there. Actually there is plenty of good shopping in Spanish Springs, but your right on, its all a matter of personal taste , and thank goodness everyones is different. LOL

lin
11-26-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm with Nonie on this one.
Hubby & I rented in Rio Ponderosa before we bought and really loved the area N of 466. Mature landscaping and lots of upgraded homes with no bond.
We did not purchase a new home for that reason...the huge bond that was tagged on to the price.

One thing to keep in mind Fred, is that Moorse Blvd gets very busy. Santiago would be our choice as El Camino is a much better road to get in and out.We bought in Alhambra right across from the Santiago gate.

Good Luck in your search Fred...the homes are priced so low now I know you'll get a great deal.
Lin

mokey
11-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Bought across from Rio Ponderosa in Palto Alto about a Year and half ago. It is a very convenient location, but traffic on Morse Blvd is horrible in winter when snowbirds are here. Santiago would be a better choice.
Pluses are mature landscaping and lots of extras in house.Plus side:pepper2: is if you move into a new area, everyone comes together new and really form a close group. I go to the new areas to play pickleball as everyone is friendly and more active. I still love my area, but both have plus and minus points.. Comes down to where you are comfortable with. Wish you best of luck.. As long as you move to the Villages, you can't be wrong. It is the best.

aln
11-26-2008, 08:30 PM
I wasn't going to comment on this because it is such a personal choice ---:shrug:
BUT ---
I agree Morse is very busy tho' not impossible.
Santiago is very nice and the neighbors there appear to take alot of pride in their neighborhood.

Consider.... Mira Mesa, especially the south end of Del Mar.
There are several cul de sacs there ALL with very mature landscaping and the virture of living on a cul de sac (virtually no traffic)
On my street alone there are 2 homes for sale; 1 @ about $240k and 1 @ about $225k, both designer models.
It's 10 minutes to Spanish Springs and 15 minutes to Sumter.
Chuca rec center is less than 5 min with cards, table tennis, pool (water & tables) pickleball, tennis, bocce, shuffle board & 2 exec courses, Mira Mesa & Chula Vista.

:thumbup: