PDA

View Full Version : Need of a Good Groomer

elaineshere
11-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Just got down here in October and have been settling in.My yorkiepoo is in desperate need of a good groomer.
I know Petsmart and petco do grooming. Has anyone had an experience with them?

Thanks in advance

schotzyb
11-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Aristocrat Mobile Groomers are very good. We use them about every 3 months to groom our Collie/Border collie mix.

KathieI
11-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Elaine, I use Bone Crazy, on 466A near the 301. I bring the bratty schnauzers there every 3 or 4 weeks for either a bath or grooming. They are wonderful. They treat all the dogs as though they were they're own. The groomers are very nice ladies and are very accommodating as well. I highly recommend them. Tell them Lucy, Nicky and Sam's mom sent you. I'm trying to get them to advertise on TOTV.

graciegirl
11-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Do they clip nose hairs, eyebrows and earhairs on mature husbands???

KathieI
11-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Gracie, you leave that Sweety alone..... :cus:

he's adorable just the way he is...:angel:

elaineshere
11-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Katie Thanks For The info on Bone Crazy. Do you have a # for them?I will definetly let them know you sent me. I will also tell them I found out about them from you on the Talk of The Villages.

Thanks

KathieI
11-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Elaine, Bone Crazy's # 352 330 2663. Good luck, I hope you like them also.

SteveZ
11-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Elaine, Bone Crazy's # 352 330 2663. Good luck, I hope you like them also.

ditto on Bone Crazy. My Lakeland Terrier and Smooth Fox Terrier have been treated well there. In addition, if you want to drop the dog(s) off in the AM and pick them up in mid afternoon before they close, no problem!

nONIE
11-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Katie Thanks For The info on Bone Crazy. Do you have a # for them?I will definetly let them know you sent me. I will also tell them I found out about them from you on the Talk of The Villages.

Thanks

Elaineshere,

Your yorkiepoo has a face to die for! She is absolutely the cutest!

KathieI
11-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Elaineshere,

Your yorkiepoo has a face to die for! She is absolutely the cutest!

Nonie, I agree, I was gonna post that too. That pooch is adorable.

elaineshere
11-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the compliments on Holly. She was named Holly because she was a Christmas Gift .She is now 2 years old now. :agree: She is my baby;)

ditzyfitzy
06-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Aristocrat Mobile Groomers are very good. We use them about every 3 months to groom our Collie/Border collie mix.

I just had a groomer cancel on me this morning (from Flawless Paws) because I won't get my four pound Yorkie a DHPP vaccine at this point in time. I have a "thing" about over-vaccinating...and like to do titers on these small guys. She was only due for DHPP at the end of May....

They claim that NO ONE will take my dog for grooming without the DHPP...do you know if the MOBILE groomers require all vaccinations be current? My dog, in Cleveland, had cancer--and the holistic vet said NO vaccines...and the groomer had NO PROBLEM with that.

Thanks,
Lynn

duffysmom
06-10-2009, 12:39 PM
ditzyfitzy, we have a 4 lb maltese who has a serious liver problem and should not be vacinated. The vet at Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital has allowed him to be groomed by their groomer Jan who is the best groomer I've ever had. Maltese are notoriously hard to groom. He must have the last appointment of the day so as not to interact with other dogs. I highly recommend them.

duffysmom
06-10-2009, 12:42 PM
ditzyfitzy, as I think about it I have used several groomers in the area and not one of them has asked me to provide vacination proof. The topic never came up. :shrug: I agree that many vets overdue the vacination thing. Our previous vet was also in agreement that he not be vacinated. Good luck.

ditzyfitzy
06-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Interesting----I use Dr. Krause, too--and they suggested that I bring Hillary in to Jan and they could groom AND do the DHPP at the same time! I think I may give Jan a try NEXT time....when she is ready for a "full groom". I just rescued her--and she had been shaved--so, all she needs right now are nails, anal, and ears....but, they wanted a lot of money to do that at Buffalo Ridge. I DID find a groomer that was willing to do this tomorrow--no questions asked. $20...which is a good price; I know!
Thanks,
Lynn

angel222
06-14-2009, 02:21 PM
I would definitely recommend Bone Crazy too!! My yorkiepoo could pass for your dogs sister!! Precious is 3 years old and a terrific companion - I just moved into Hadley from New York and no groomer in NY made her look this good!!
Charlee :pepper2:

pili
06-15-2009, 07:48 AM
I agree that Yorkie is sooo cute! We take our baby to Muriel at Mulberry Grove Animal Hospital. She's wonderful, however, she's booked in advanced and hard to get appointments sometimes.

jbbarnard
06-30-2009, 08:19 AM
These groomer recommendations are a couple of years old. Do you use the same ones now?

jbbarnard
06-30-2009, 11:13 AM
I feel totally crazy. I was looking at everyone's "join date" when I thought all of these posts were so old. I apologize. Nonetheless, I appreciate the info!

Eve2278
07-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Jan was recommended to me and my maltese looked terrific. The best part was it only took an hour 15 minutes. Jan does one dog at a time so your pet isn't left all day which is great for my little one. We have no complaints but you do need to book in advance, she gets very busy.

3bells
11-08-2009, 08:05 PM
I also do titers and only get the rabies vaccine required by our state. Had health problems with all dogs before and this one is much healthier. People don't get vaccines every year and if you do much research on the net, you'll see that there are vets who agree our pets are way over-vaccinated. Even major vet organizations are now recommending no more than once every three years. My holistic vet is totally against all vaccines and has long lived healthy pets.

I guess my little guy will be getting his bath by us and have a nice long coat when we leave unless you can suggest groomers who don't insist on all those vaccinations.

ditzyfitzy
12-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Pat, at Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital is just "the best"!!!! Love her! Problem is--that it takes a long time to get an appointment......

RobertV1
07-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Bad news....petco & petsmart....try The Village Groomer in the Winn Dixie Plaza...been going there for years...they are really great groomers and my dogs cant wait to go inside...the shop is always clean...never an odor.

Bobcuse
07-27-2012, 08:44 AM
I tried three different groomers here in TV but found that Lady Lake Professional Groomers were the best by far for my Welch Terrier. Jackie always knew how to groom this breed whereas other groomers made her look like a Schnauzer rather than a Welch Terrier. They are located in the Lady Lake Shopping Plaza on 441 in Lady Lake. Excellent, clean, prompt and my dog loved it there. 352-205-8865.

ditzyfitzy
07-27-2012, 08:59 AM
ahh....Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital has the BEST groomer---Dan. Such a nice guy--and my Hillary enjoys going there...

ditzyfitzy
07-27-2012, 09:01 AM
I also do titers and only get the rabies vaccine required by our state. Had health problems with all dogs before and this one is much healthier. People don't get vaccines every year and if you do much research on the net, you'll see that there are vets who agree our pets are way over-vaccinated. Even major vet organizations are now recommending no more than once every three years. My holistic vet is totally against all vaccines and has long lived healthy pets.

I guess my little guy will be getting his bath by us and have a nice long coat when we leave unless you can suggest groomers who don't insist on all those vaccinations.
The major groomers around here will require the updated shots...wonder if some of the mobile groomers are more lax since YOUR pet won't be coming in contact with any others.....I'd give it a try.....

784caroline
07-27-2012, 09:06 AM
We take our "Full Coat, Silky Hair Havanese" to Petsmart and have RoseAnn the Salon Manager groom her. THis dog has alot of hair and RoseAnn always makes "Havana" look the best when she prances out the store greeting all the customers and workers alike.

We have had no problems with PetSmart and one time when she was scratching her ear, the groomer took her next door to the on-site Vet for a quick checkup at no adddition charge.

ProfDuckworth
08-22-2012, 11:09 AM
I also use Bone Crazy.Happy with their work. My dog hates to leave after her so called "Spa-Day". I guess pretty soon she will be making the appointments.

duffysmom
08-22-2012, 11:33 AM
My Duffy had not had any vacination since he was 2 years old. He had liver shunts and wan't expected to live more than a couple of years. He lived to be 13 years old and other than his shunts he was healthy. When we traveled on the airlines they required proof of vacinations and our vet would give me a script that said that Duffy was unable to be vacinated and was healthy. Never had a problem. As for groomers we had a mobile groomer but she is retiring. Vacinations and pesticides are over prescribed and can cause liver damage IMHO.