PDA

View Full Version : Best BBQ Resturant

MelZ
11-30-2008, 10:22 AM
22 days away from my return to TV and I am in need of a good BBQ fix. I'm talking about Brisket, pulled pork, BBQ beans and slaw, not just ribs. I have tried Sonny's but there has to be a better place or not.

BBQ lovers please help

:icon_hungry:

mac9
11-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Try the Oakwood Grill next to the Microtel Hotel on 27/441. Much better than Sonny's!

JohnnyM
11-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Mac is on to something. Oakwood gets my thumbs up. Go there often. Good meal and very fair pricing.

Best Mom
11-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Oakwood is my favorite too!

samhass
11-30-2008, 02:34 PM
I vote for Oakwood also. I like their ribs but also enjoy the chopped pork without the sauce. I prefer to add my own sauce from the bottles on the table. Oakwood is very inexpensive and they keep the beer and mugs ice cold. What's not to like?

gnu
11-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Oakwoods for me!:icon_hungry:

MelZ
11-30-2008, 05:21 PM
We will have to try the Oakwoods, sound great:coolsmiley:

Thanks

Cinco
12-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Just a word about Sonny's...

Not all Sonny's are created equal. The only one we really like is the one in Belleview. The one in Wildwood has already closed, and the one in Leesburg just doesn't taste as good as the one in Belleview.

gemorc
12-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Woody's, on 301 at the Florida Turnpike, is pretty good. I enjoy St. Louis style ribs, and I can't get them at Oakwood. The brisket and smoked pork are equally delicious.

Bogie Shooter
12-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Just a word about Sonny's...

Not all Sonny's are created equal. The only one we really like is the one in Belleview. The one in Wildwood has already closed, and the one in Leesburg just doesn't taste as good as the one in Belleview.

The Wildwood location was very good food and service. The reason it was closed was because the Villages delayed the building of the third town square. Buena Vista Blvd will exit onto CR 44 near the Sonny's location. The owners plan to open when the third square is built. This was in an article in the Leesburg paper about 3 months ago.

Jim007
12-02-2008, 11:15 AM
If you like eastern North Carolina BBQ (vinegar based, not tomato), yum.
I suggest Jackson's Big Oak Barbecue, 920 South Kerr Avenue
Wilmington, NC. Best vinegar based BBQ around. :icon_hungry:

Bogie Shooter
12-02-2008, 04:06 PM
If you like eastern North Carolina BBQ (vinegar based, not tomato), yum.
I suggest Jackson's Big Oak Barbecue, 920 South Kerr Avenue
Wilmington, NC. Best vinegar based BBQ around. :icon_hungry:

Now that would not be a quick trip.:laugh:

chuckinca
12-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Do they deliver?

golfnut
12-02-2008, 05:50 PM
I agree with the previous posts Mel, go to Oakwood, get there early though as it can get crowded (wonder why???)....GN...

monza65
12-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Yes, Oakwood is good, but you have to drive for barbecue beyond good. Jack's in Minneola -- right on Hwy. 27, about 20 miles south of Leesburg (just north of Clermont). Visit the House of Presidents too while you're there.

lefty
12-03-2008, 04:56 PM
the reason the Wildwood sonny's closed was really simple. they didn't hae enough money coming in to cover the money going out. I don't think that the Villages need to be blamed for every bad decision and failure by the retail market in the area.

Bogie Shooter
12-03-2008, 07:01 PM
the reason the Wildwood sonny's closed was really simple. they didn't hae enough money coming in to cover the money going out. I don't think that the Villages need to be blamed for every bad decision and failure by the retail market in the area.

I did not mean to imply that the Villages was at fault. You are right it was a business decision on their (Sonny's) part to open....and to close. But it only stands to reason that if the third town square was under construction and BV was open they probably could have held out.