PDA

View Full Version : Sorry it took so long!! What a night!!

Cassie325
12-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Christmas lighting...
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/album.php?albumid=64

The night sky....
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/album.php?albumid=65&pictureid=556

KathieI
12-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Cass, great job on the pictures at the square. Unfortunately, very few photos of the night sky do it justice. It's been absolutely breathtaking. Hasn't it.

Thanks for posting these. It was a great evening.

Shirleevee
12-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Great Pictures, Thanks for the FUN nite one and all:wave:

I took pictures and am having problems with my SD card:rant-rave:

F16 1UB
12-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Dag Gone It. House - Free to good home. Hmmm, that doesn't sound right. I wanna be in TV's.:rant-rave:

Cassie325
12-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Cass, great job on the pictures at the square. Unfortunately, very few photos of the night sky do it justice. It's been absolutely breathtaking. Hasn't it.

Thanks for posting these. It was a great evening.

ALWAYS a great time with this group....and I loved to see more and more new people....

Donna
12-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Love the great pics..It makes me miss TV more and more..You peeps looked great, and I know you had a great time!

Keep the pics coming...:sigh:

KathieI
12-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Dag Gone It. House - Free to good home. Hmmm, that doesn't sound right. I wanna be in TV's.:rant-rave:

16, is the free to good home for PIA??? You know, I'll take her for sure.... Oh, its the house? Forget about it....
Sadie Rocks.... we need more pictures!! Hurry, hurry....

Whalen
12-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Great pictures.
Suffering from Village Envy!:(

KathieI
12-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Whalen,,,, don't suffer!!! Come on down!! Great syndrome, we should call it VES.... Everyone will think we're talkin dirty,
Village Envy Syndrome..... Cool, huh!!

When are you coming here? I think I died and went to heaven!!! :pepper2:

ConeyIsBabe
12-02-2008, 08:59 PM
I love looking at the TOTV peeps pics ! :popcorn: It's almost like being there :ohdear:

KathieI
12-02-2008, 09:05 PM
I love looking at the TOTV peeps pics ! :popcorn: It's almost like being there :ohdear:

CIB, sorry to tell you but its much better being here in person!! Pictures can't give you the total effect of how much fun it is. Hundreds of people in the square and somehow we manage to find each other. Its truly amazing. Thank God for cell phones.

The Great Fumar
12-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Nice pic's cass.................thank you !!!!

Fumar

scottke
12-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks so much for posting pictures. It keeps us in touch with the happenings in TV.

Mikitv
12-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Great Pictures and it is so fun to see everyone. Like F16, please somebody buy my house in Northeast Arkansas. I need to get to TV to have fun with y'all.

nONIE
12-02-2008, 09:23 PM
You all look so happy, what great pics. Thanks Cassie for posting them.Im in agony whishing I could join you but thats ok, Ill just play the martyr until i can get down there and join in the fun!:cry: Go ahead, have a ball without me, see if I care. enjoy yourselves totally , thats perfectly alright!!!:rant-rave:

graciegirl
12-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Awwww Nonie. Here's a hug. I am missing it too. Did you see the stilt walkers and some people had red shades on their candles??? It was so nice. Did you all sing Carols???

Barefoot
12-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Awwww Nonie. Here's a hug. I am missing it too. Did you see the stilt walkers and some people had red shades on their candles??? It was so nice. Did you all sing Carols???

GG, I missed the Christmas Tree Lighting last year, and I was so happy to be there this year. I didn't think it would feel "right" with no snow, but it was great .. it felt very festive!

We sang carols and danced and waved our candles around. It was packed, so very warm. We missed you!

Whalen
12-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Whalen,,,, don't suffer!!! Come on down!! Great syndrome, we should call it VES.... Everyone will think we're talkin dirty,
Village Envy Syndrome..... Cool, huh!!

When are you coming here? I think I died and went to heaven!!! :pepper2:

Next week!:pepper2:
Still waiting to hear if our buyer got a mortgage. So when we get there we'll either be looking for a house & celebrating :pepper2: or we'll go to plan B........don't know what plan B is.:ohdear:

Donna
12-04-2008, 06:46 AM
You all look so happy, what great pics. Thanks Cassie for posting them.Im in agony whishing I could join you but thats ok, Ill just play the martyr until i can get down there and join in the fun!:cry: Go ahead, have a ball without me, see if I care. enjoy yourselves totally , thats perfectly alright!!!:rant-rave:

I couldn't have put it better myself!...:cryin2:

nONIE
12-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Donna,

Our day will come, hang in there g/f, it will all be so worth the wait!
In fact, I believe that anyone that wants to get to The Villages bad enough will have their day. Its an awesome goal to look forward to!:pepper2:

kyblue
12-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Thank you so much for posting these pictures. We left on Sunday and did not see the tree lighting.

Looks like a good time was had by all.

Best Mom
12-04-2008, 12:46 PM
One of my favorite events. Hundreds of green amd red candles.
Thanks Cassie for sharing.

Barefoot
12-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I find it hard (without snow and sleighbells) to get in the spirit of Christmas. But I can honestly say that the Tree Lighting is really very festive and moving, and definitely got me in the mood.

Peggy D
12-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Cassie

The pictures are great.

Thanks

Cassie325
12-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks for all the thanks for my pictures...

Guess my Kodak is better than I thought!! Glad everyone enjoyed....over the weekend we are going to grab some pictures of the different neighborhoods in TV's.....with all the christmas decorations.....I will post what I can!!

nONIE
12-04-2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks Cassie,

I would love to see how people decorate for Christmas in the south. Ill look forward to seeing your pictures.
(Probably just like they do in the North hu?) Minus the snow!:laugh:

beady
12-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Hey Nonie,
We know TV is a unique place and it is very evident during the Christmas season. I have never experienced this level of decorating before. Whole neighborhoods coordinate their decorations..on our street we alternate red and green lights in our lamp posts. Others have trees or angels on their lawns...it is fascinating and in some cases hilarious.Case in point homes where every inch of the home and shrubbery is encased in lights with coordinated music.
I guess because the covenants regarding yard ornaments do not apply during the holiday people go wild. Makes you glad we have those rules for the rest of the year.
On the whole it is really beautiful and fun, so different from the candle in each window and a wreath on the door that I am used to.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Peachie
12-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Cassie, we'll be watching for your pics of The Villages decked out for Christmas. Mr. Peachie and I need a "Village fix" now as we sit in the snowy, upper Midwest and it would be nice to have the Christmas Spirit injected into the photos. We'll be checking back... :pepper2: (The green and red pepper is the most seasonal smilie to be found.)

nONIE
12-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Beady,

Thanks for the beautiful description of The Villages at Christmas time. In that case i will be anxiously awaiting Cassies pictures, it really does sound very special!:coolsmiley:

graciegirl
12-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Thank you too Beady. I sent your post on to Gretchen, Helene and Sweetie. I had never thought that it would be any different than up (expletive deleted) North. I can't wait to see Cassie.

Cassie325
12-05-2008, 04:51 PM
OK....so the plan is to scoot around tomorrow night and possibly Sunday night....I would imagine we will have to get some of the pictures on the Northern side, Southern and Historical side....

If anyone has a specific area they want to see...please let me know....and we will TRY to get it.....

This is just fun for us....so we don't mind!!

nONIE
12-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Cassie,

Doesnt matter what you photograph, we will trust your judgement. Whatever you think is worthy of a picture, Im sure you will make excellent choices and Thankyou again. Sure do appreciate it!

Cassie325
12-06-2008, 10:33 PM
So here is the story about the pictures...or lack there of....:bowdown: sorry!!

We spent the day at Animal Kingdom, then joined some friends for dinner in Duval with the plan of getting the Southern side of town christmas light pictures....

WELL....apparently I left the camera on the whole ride home from Disney and all throughout dinner....because once we got to the area we wanted to photograph....NO MORE BATTERY!!! :ohdear:

SO....we will try again tomorrow evening....boy we found some great places to photograph!! WOW!!!

Sorry for the delay....what a DUH!! Well at least according to my family....LOL

:doh::oops:

Peachie
12-07-2008, 12:24 PM
So here is the story about the pictures...or lack there of....:bowdown: sorry!!

We spent the day at Animal Kingdom, then joined some friends for dinner in Duval with the plan of getting the Southern side of town christmas light pictures....

WELL....apparently I left the camera on the whole ride home from Disney and all throughout dinner....because once we got to the area we wanted to photograph....NO MORE BATTERY!!!

SO....we will try again tomorrow evening....boy we found some great places to photograph!! WOW!!!

Sorry for the delay....what a DUH!! Well at least according to my family....LOL

:doh::oops:

Cassie, I will refer you to the thread from SSchuler, "This song hits close to home." But you're very young for memory issues, :D (And it only seems to get worse.) We'll continue to watch for the pics, if you still want to post some after the smart alec remark!

Cassie325
12-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Cassie, I will refer you to the thread from SSchuler, "This song hits close to home." But you're very young for memory issues, :D (And it only seems to get worse.) We'll continue to watch for the pics, if you still want to post some after the smart alec remark!

LOL....I think that at any age....when you are trying to do 800 things at once....you get a little forgetful!!

The camera is charging as I type....we will get some pics tonight.....

The smart alec remark was cute....no offense taken....personally my friends that are older than I often do much better with the memory thing than I do!!
:bowdown:

nONIE
12-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Cassie, Im sure they will be worth waiting for, We will look forward to them!