PDA

View Full Version : Prancer in a Christmas Parade

JohnnyM
12-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Prancer was in a parade yesterday morning along with the Villages Greyhound Club. The Village Clowns and Village Twirlers were part of it also. I put together some video of the staging and the parade. Prancer is wearing the green Christmas print coat made by Barbara. I hope you guys are not getting tired of seeing these vid's.....Johnny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txvpRx8RHVM

KathieI
12-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Oh Johnny, how much I love to see these videos and realize how much you guys love that lucky dawg!!

I'm wondering if its Prancer who's getting tired of them, did you see that big yawn?? She's saying, oh gosh, here goes Dad again, taking pictures of me. Now I have to look pretty again.. Smile!!:)

Keep them coming Johnny, I love seeing them as I'm sure most peeps on the forum are also.

graciegirl
12-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Looking around carefully and hoping no one else will hear...whispering.

I think Prancer is the prettiest!!

Helene2008
12-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Johnny.....I love watching Prancer videos....don't stop and might I add Prancer had the best outfit....good job Barbara.

nONIE
12-07-2008, 10:13 AM
And most importantly, Prancer is now somebody very very special, and by the smile on her face, she knows it!!! :eclipsee_gold_cup:

PGB
12-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Oh how cute! Prancer looked just Marrvvoluusss!
Thanks for the picz!:pepper2:

redwitch
12-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Johnny, I think we'd get tired of you before we got tired of Prancer vids. She is such a cutie! Barb, I love her coat. It is adorable and thank you so much for not putting a stupid hat or ears on her. She looked (shall I dare say it?) like the cat's meow. I wouldn't be surprised if she tried purring bedecked out in her glory.

chelsea24
12-07-2008, 12:20 PM
OMG Johnny, Prancer is so beautiful! I would have loved to see that parade. What great fun. :coolsmiley:

JohnnyM
12-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Well Prancer thanks you all for the kind words and Barbara thanks you all also. It goes without saying that I thank you all as well......We had the Greyhound's Adoption of Florida annual Christmas Picnic in Citra (Sparr) this afternoon. It is held at the adoption farm where Prancer came from. Needless to say I took more pictures. Hmmmmm!!!

redwitch
12-07-2008, 07:11 PM
And, yes, we want to see the Xmas party pics, too. (Like you needed to hint.)

F16 1UB
12-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Johnny that was great. No way could I EVER place anything on Sadies head. She's have it off in a heartbeat. HAhahaha

Barefoot
12-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Johnny, your love and care of Prancer is so heartwarming. I wish there were more people like you and Barbara around.

jojo
12-15-2008, 07:39 AM
I want to meet Prancer! Thanks for the pics. Enjoy them.

nONIE
12-15-2008, 11:08 AM
JoJo,

It simply amazes me that Prancer is very social, loving and affectionate. I would have never thought that a dog that has been used for only racing for most of her life would be so outgoing. I instantly fell in love with her.

Johnny, I am very curious, Were all the Greyhounds that were up for adoption as affectionate and sweet as Prancer?Is it the breeds basic nature to be like her or is she just super special????

JohnnyM
12-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Nonie it is the breed. They are very loving. The downside is the older they are the more trauma or bad treatment they may have received. The older the greyhound; there may be issues. Most can be reversed after adoption and bonding takes place. Prancer was only 3 and only had 8 races. I don't think she was exposed as much as an older dog regarding being crated 20 hours a day and probably no affection from anyone. We are having a meet 'n greet at LSL this Tuesday night at 6pm under the clock if anyone wants to meet some Greyhounds. Prancer will be there. I wish you could be here too Nonie.....

nONIE
12-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Awww thanks johnny, soon!;)