PDA

View Full Version : Regional Vacation Suggestion

thegreenerside
12-07-2008, 02:11 PM
My wife and I are looking to go out of town on Dec 26 for four or five days. Any suggestions for destinations in the Southeast? We are looking to get out of Florida and have thought about locations such as Asheville, Nashville, and Savannah, but because we have had previous visits to those locations we were hopeful that someone might be able to give us a new idea.

tucson
12-07-2008, 02:26 PM
How about Charleston,SC or Myrtle Beach area? Charleston would be beautiful during Christmas-New Years holiday!

Cassie325
12-09-2008, 08:57 AM
How about Charleston,SC or Myrtle Beach area? Charleston would be beautiful during Christmas-New Years holiday!

Oh I was thinking the SAME thing!! Charleston is not that far....I would love to go there....

islandgal
12-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Charleston is absolutely beautiful during the holidays and so
is Williamsburg, VA, although that's a longer drive but well worth it.
Let us know what you decide.

Cassie325
12-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Charleston is absolutely beautiful during the holidays and so
is Williamsburg, VA, although that's a longer drive but well worth it.
Let us know what you decide.

OH and do take pictures!! I too want to live vicariously through pictures!!

islandgal
12-09-2008, 05:03 PM
the greener side -

Oh dear, I just noticed the places you have previously lived include Charleston!!

I have never been to Wilmington, NC, but I understand it is a lovely historical waterfront town like Charleston. Still think Williamsburg would be a treat if you haven't been there before - especially during the holidays.

thegreenerside
12-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Williamsburg is an excellent idea. I have not been to Williamsburg since the early 70's. My wife has never been so we are difinitely going to look into going there. I knew that I would get a wonder suggestion here on TOTV. Thank you all so much.