PDA

View Full Version : Improvements To Oregon Trail

Fred R
03-26-2016, 12:19 PM
The folks at Stonecrest have invested much time and money in making improvements to the area between Lowes and Walmart. They are taking donations from folks who use that golf cart path. They have graded the road, cut limbs, and installed gravel and other improvements. A real upgrade for all of us that use that path.

I was told by one of the guys working there today that Duke actually owns the land but doesn't seem to mind if carts use it. Check it out if you are out that way.

Rollie
03-27-2016, 09:55 AM
Sure are some nice people in Stonecrest.

joldnol
03-27-2016, 12:39 PM
https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a6dd06b3127cceebe3a416c55300000030O00AZMnLNw2ZOX IPbz4U/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00909268392220160327173827982.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

CWGUY
03-27-2016, 12:49 PM
The folks at Stonecrest have invested much time and money in making improvements to the area between Lowes and Walmart. They are taking donations from folks who use that golf cart path. They have graded the road, cut limbs, and installed gravel and other improvements. A real upgrade for all of us that use that path.

I was told by one of the guys working there today that Duke actually owns the land but doesn't seem to mind if carts use it. Check it out if you are out that way.

Do you mean between Aldis' and Walmart?

Mleeja
03-27-2016, 07:53 PM
I hear they are going to put up a wall to keep The Villagers from using the cart path.

Rollie
03-28-2016, 08:47 AM
But they will tear it down after a week and put up a gate.

Rollie

looneycat
03-28-2016, 11:08 AM
so the nice people of stonecrest as well as the land owner have opened themselves to a whopping lawsuit should there be an accident on this 'road'. nice that they want to assume that liabilty.

spring_chicken
03-28-2016, 11:14 AM
You had to know it was coming.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/members/spring_chicken-55967/albums/album/7450-download-1-a.jpg

graciegirl
03-28-2016, 12:06 PM

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/members/spring_chicken-55967/albums/album/7450-download-1-a.jpg

Wait until YOUR Serotonin drops, youngin'.

photo1902
03-28-2016, 12:37 PM
so the nice people of stonecrest as well as the land owner have opened themselves to a whopping lawsuit should there be an accident on this 'road'. nice that they want to assume that liabilty.

Not necessarily. They might not be subject to any civil remedies unless they know of a danger on their property.

mokey
03-28-2016, 12:43 PM
Thanks Stonecrest workers

RickeyD
03-28-2016, 12:48 PM
Sure are some nice people in Stonecrest.

Don't think they had a choice. There multimodal infrastructure doesn't compare to ours.

spring_chicken
03-28-2016, 01:33 PM
Wait until YOUR Serotonin drops, youngin'.

Does that happen during the big M? If so, I'm there! WOO HOO!!!

Steve9930
03-29-2016, 07:30 PM
Ya know some folks got up, invested time, money. and labor to improve everyone's life that uses that path. A simple thank you would be nice. To those that said thank you I believe they appreciate it.

Doesn't take long for the bad apples to come out and complain and the arm chair lawyers to put their two cents into something they don't understand.

Thanks guys. I have not been that way since the project was completed but I appreciate the work.

looneycat
03-30-2016, 07:35 AM
Not necessarily. They might not be subject to any civil remedies unless they know of a danger on their property.

like a road not built to spec? you know that in this day and age that the minute an accident occurs people call a lawyer before the doctor.

looneycat
03-30-2016, 07:40 AM

sticking ones head in the ground or elsewhere does not change reality, grow up!

Steve9930
03-30-2016, 11:08 AM
Don't think they had a choice. There multimodal infrastructure doesn't compare to ours.

Your point?

Steve9930
03-30-2016, 11:14 AM
like a road not built to spec? you know that in this day and age that the minute an accident occurs people call a lawyer before the doctor.

There is no case there no matter what. Everyone that travels that path is trespassing on private property. Duke Energy can close that at any time. If there is one legal problem to Duke that path will be closed. It will hurt all the Villagers in the Historic section.

Rollie
03-30-2016, 11:59 AM
Duke has closed it once before.

Rollie

NoMoSno
03-30-2016, 02:25 PM
Duke has closed it once before.

Rollie
And thankfully through the efforts of two Spruce Creek residents, who met with Duke, it was re-opened.

looneycat
03-31-2016, 11:19 AM
There is no case there no matter what. Everyone that travels that path is trespassing on private property. Duke Energy can close that at any time. If there is one legal problem to Duke that path will be closed. It will hurt all the Villagers in the Historic section.

I would think that would compound the case, but i am not a lawyer, there are enough of those here though who could comment if they wish

dotti105
03-31-2016, 11:56 AM
People, People....can't we just acknowledge the hard work done to provide an advantage to residents of both communities??

Lots of hard work and team effort went into cleaning up that path. How wonderful! Much thanks to all involved!! (Even thou we live south of 466A and won't ever use it, I think it is wonderful!)

Lots of people on here are willing to find fault in ANYTHING posted! They must be very unhappy people who have nothing better to do than post negative comments on TOTV.

You guys need to close your computer and get out there and start to enjoy all that you have.

Steve9930
03-31-2016, 12:59 PM
I would think that would compound the case, but i am not a lawyer, there are enough of those here though who could comment if they wish

Lawyers are nothing more then opinions. You can always find one to agree with your point of view.

I had a chance to travel over the path for the first time on my way over to Lowes. They did a nice job of clearing out the brush. They also graded and compacted the sand for a path next to the Walmart Storm Water Pond fence. I suspect that part is at least partially owned by Walmart. The ground is still not perfectly smooth and I'm glad they left it that way as it will keep the speed down. They removed all the brush, cut back some trees, there is no where for some one to hide on the path which now makes it safer. The path is sufficiently wide. Even wider then most of the trails in the Villages. Who ever did this understands construction specifications. They even thought about the drainage and have contoured the path to drain properly to small holding areas on two sides of the path. A job well done. Nothing done there would constitute any liability and exceeds or matches any engineering specifications. That's my professional opinion.

Fred R
04-01-2016, 07:01 AM
Ya know some folks got up, invested time, money. and labor to improve everyone's life that uses that path. A simple thank you would be nice. To those that said thank you I believe they appreciate it.

Doesn't take long for the bad apples to come out and complain and the arm chair lawyers to put their two cents into something they don't understand.

Thanks guys. I have not been that way since the project was completed but I appreciate the work.

You are 100% correct. That is why I made the original post. Let's just say "thank you". Why in the world do some people have to make a federal case out of everything. There must be too many retired lawyers here that don't have enough to do.

rustyp
04-01-2016, 08:23 AM
You are 100% correct. That is why I made the original post. Let's just say "thank you". Why in the world do some people have to make a federal case out of everything. There must be too many retired lawyers here that don't have enough to do.

I have never lived anywhere with more experts and self appointed police than here. Ever notice how sure they are of themselves until it comes time to pony up.

Was on the path yesterday. An outstanding job whoever did it - thanks.

CWGUY
04-01-2016, 09:21 AM
I have never lived anywhere with more experts and self appointed police than here. Ever notice how sure they are of themselves until it comes time to pony up.

:agree: :mademyday:

leftyf
04-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Anyone that doesn't like the new path, doesn't have to drive on it, you can use your car. Personally, I love it and made a monetary contribution to the person responsible.

Mleeja
04-02-2016, 04:15 PM
Anyone that doesn't like the new path, doesn't have to drive on it, you can use your car. Personally, I love it and made a monetary contribution to the person responsible.

For the people who can utilize the path, it is great that you have better golf cart access to Lowes, Walmart , Aldi, etc. I am happy for you.

For me, I would not use this path. It is much shorter and quicker to drive my car to this area.

DonH57
04-02-2016, 04:52 PM

Many of those remind me if the " barracks lawyers " we had when I was in the service.:22yikes: I'm glad someone took the initiative to make the path easier to cross and it got cleaned up.

Steve9930
04-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Many of those remind me if the " barracks lawyers " we had when I was in the service.:22yikes: I'm glad someone took the initiative to make the path easier to cross and it got cleaned up.

I understand they want to make more improvements.

chuckinca
04-02-2016, 08:42 PM
They might add a center stripe to make is safer.

Mleeja
04-02-2016, 10:19 PM
:a20:They might add a center stripe to make is safer.

:a20:

looneycat
04-03-2016, 07:22 AM

i agree, but lefty, you now admitted publicly that you are in part financially responsible for the road.....all those lawyers and police here can name you in their suits :MOJE_whot:

linko38
04-15-2016, 11:06 AM
Oh no! Don't say that! That would be too unfriendly! LOL Thank you wonderful Stonecresters! You guys are sooooooooooooooooooo friendly!