PDA

View Full Version : Trouble getting on Talk of the Villages.

Taltarzac725
03-29-2016, 08:19 AM
I am using a different computer as I cannot get on often with the other one to look at TOTV. It is very intermittent in access to the site from the other computer. So, it seems to be something with TOTV and interfacing with certain kinds of computers. This is a Senior Easy Computer I am using now. A Telekin which does not allow downloads and keeps everything as easy as possible. I get a "DNS address cannot be found" message on the other computer when trying to access TOTV. This has happened on-and-off during the past week or so.

Taltarzac725
03-29-2016, 08:43 AM
I am using a different computer as I cannot get on often with the other one to look at TOTV. It is very intermittent in access to the site from the other computer. So, it seems to be something with TOTV and interfacing with certain kinds of computers. This is a Senior Easy Computer I am using now. A Telekin which does not allow downloads and keeps everything as easy as possible. I get a "DNS address cannot be found" message on the other computer when trying to access TOTV. This has happened on-and-off during the past week or so.

Now it seems to work with the other computer. Thanks if you did anything to make it work.

I will keep TOTV informed if the problem continues.

dbussone
03-29-2016, 10:15 AM

Tal - I had that problem last evening using my iPad.

CFrance
03-29-2016, 10:20 AM
I couldn't get on at all last night with laptop (Windows), Ipad, or cellular phone. Problem on their end, I believe.

Barefoot
03-29-2016, 10:59 AM
I had problems as well. Perhaps it's God's way of telling us that frequent posters occasionally need a sabbatical. :024:

dbussone
03-29-2016, 11:02 AM
I had problems as well. Perhaps it's God's way of telling us that frequent posters occasionally need a sabbatical. :024:

Ouch. I preferred to think that maybe it was an effort by the admins to keep me away from the inanity and insanity we sometimes see. ::jester::

Nucky
03-29-2016, 12:15 PM
Ouch. I preferred to think that maybe it was an effort by the admins to keep me away from the inanity and insanity we sometimes see. ::jester::

Oh no you

don't. Hang in

there with me.

It was just

a few Aliens.

The ones from

Outer Space not

the other ones.

Anytime I see

dbussone or Barefoot

or Taltarzac725 or

GE I can

only think in

Three Word Sentences.:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Polar Bear
03-29-2016, 12:17 PM
Pretty sure ToTV was just having some temporary server issues. At least for me, it's seems to be fully functional again.

CFrance
03-29-2016, 12:29 PM
Oh no you

don't. Hang in

there with me.

It was just

a few Aliens.

The ones from

Outer Space not

the other ones.

Anytime I see

dbussone or Barefoot

or Taltarzac725 or

GE I can

only think in

Three Word Sentences.:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:
And triple rotfl's!

Taltarzac725
03-29-2016, 12:59 PM
Still having some problems with one of the computers. This one works with TOTV; the other one does not.

At least around 2:00 PM.

I sometimes have a tendency to get a little paranoid when strange things start happening so I try to document the problem. They trained me to do that at law school. Others are having the same problem so there is no need to send in the cavalry. :Screen_of_Death:

DonH57
03-29-2016, 01:05 PM
I had trouble last night as well. I kept getting a failed database message.

Carla B
03-29-2016, 05:54 PM
I had trouble last night as well. I kept getting a failed database message.

Ditto.

dbussone
03-29-2016, 06:39 PM
Still having some problems with one of the computers. This one works with TOTV; the other one does not.

At least around 2:00 PM.

I sometimes have a tendency to get a little paranoid when strange things start happening so I try to document the problem. They trained me to do that at law school. Others are having the same problem so there in no need to send in the cavalry. :Screen_of_Death:

Especially when the National Guard will do, right Tal. :)

Sable99
03-29-2016, 08:18 PM
I couldn't get on last night. Today I haven't been able to open the links for the items for sale.

villagetinker
03-30-2016, 08:11 AM
OP,

You may want to take your computer to the Connected Village meeting, as I recall Mondays 1 to 3 PN at Eisenhower Rec cntr. They should be able to help you.

Hope this helps.

Taltarzac725
03-30-2016, 08:42 AM
OP,

You may want to take your computer to the Connected Village meeting, as I recall Mondays 1 to 3 PN at Eisenhower Rec cntr. They should be able to help you.

Hope this helps.

It seems to be TOTV that is having the problem not my computer.

TOTV Team
04-01-2016, 01:07 PM
We had to restart the server we apologize for any inconvenience.

TOTV Team

Taltarzac725
04-01-2016, 03:22 PM
We had to restart the server we apologize for any inconvenience.

TOTV Team

It seems OK now.

Nucky
04-01-2016, 04:10 PM
All good here now also. Thank You!