Rickie for VP!

Chad er, 1 or 2, for everything else..?.:laugh:

LindaB
09-23-2008, 05:07 PM
They could not have beat a better team!!! Go Dolphins
:clap2:

JohnN
09-23-2008, 05:47 PM
well, seems as good a place as any to put in my Go Bears thought, they beat Indy LOLOL... .

sure, Go Dolphins too

Helene2008
09-23-2008, 08:19 PM
OH!!! do I have fellow Dolphin Fans in The Villages.....Go Dolphins :a040::a040::a040::a040: Isn't it sad one win and we think we won the superbowl...its been a few lean years.

Shimpy
12-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks, Will probably try RJ Gators. Hope they open early as I got to eat, drive over to Crystal River to pick up my wife's son at a group home and drive back south to Boynton Bch to catch the kickoff of the Dolphins/49ers game.

redwitch
12-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Got room (and a tik) for one more? I've been a Dolfan since '68 and would love to see them cream the Whiners. hehe Hope it's on television.

Shimpy
12-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Redwich,
I've been a Dolphin fan since the very first game when the opening kickoff was run back for a touchdown by Joe Auer against the Oakland Raiders. We had a few bad years lately, but this year is really looking up.

Mallory
12-12-2008, 12:21 AM
SS - Original season ticket holder. Funny but I've been thinking about Joe Auer's runback for the past week or so. Do you remember who ran it back along the sidlines with him?

And for all you Patriots fans out there and as Coach Shula said getting off the National charter from LA "17 & 0 says it all."

Shimpy
12-12-2008, 07:44 PM
I sure don't remember who ran it back along Joe Auer. I do remember in highschool, Coral Gables High, He did the same thing to our arch rivel, Miami High. At that game, Billy Williamson took the kick off, ran towards the sidelines and handed it off to Joe Auer who took it all the way. The entire Miami High Stingarees ran after Billy as he was the most well known star.
The Dolphins lost that game to Oakland, but I'll always remember it. Do you remember that Danny Thomas was part owner of the team then? Flipper did a jump in a tank for each touchdown?

Mallory
12-13-2008, 12:16 AM
Actually it was Danny Thomas who ran the whole length of the field on that return. Ran, skipped, jumped all the way.

Gables vs. Miami High was always a battle but Gables vs. Southwest on Thanksgiving morning was more fun. I didn't go to either but had good friends on both teams; I went to Columbus.

chuckinca
12-13-2008, 02:14 AM
Got room (and a tik) for one more? I've been a Dolfan since '68 and would love to see them cream the Whiners. hehe Hope it's on television.

Not if Mike Singletary can help it they won't

RAB
12-13-2008, 01:39 PM
To bad your last game is against the Jets in New York. Until the fish can win in cold climate there just another pretender.

redwitch
12-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Redwich,
I've been a Dolphin fan since the very first game when the opening kickoff was run back for a touchdown by Joe Auer against the Oakland Raiders. We had a few bad years lately, but this year is really looking up.

I fell in love with the Fish when I saw Mercury Morris run. I stand by my past statements that he would have been declared the greatest running back of all time had he been playing with any other team. He really was superfluous with Kiich, Griese, Czonka, et al. But I loved him. I was truly saddened by his downfall to cocaine.

Considering I lived in California at the time and the Bay Area had the Traitors, becoming a Dolfan took nerve. I do remember having to leave more than one game at the Coliseum because I was cheering the "wrong" team. And I know that Miami would have had two undefeated seasons had they not had to play Oakland at the Coliseum the year before. Before Oakland's side trip to LA, Miami could never beat Oakland at home. The fans were just too great of a player in their own right.

I do plead guilty to totally ignoring my team when Johnson was coach. That is man I could never like nor respect. It broke my heart to see him lead the Dolfins. But I had no doubt that Miami would come back after Johnson left. I'm so glad to see it starting.

I hope you're enjoying the game. I'm so jealous. I really did enjoy going to Candlestick and cheering for my Fish. At least Whiner fans don't threaten to beat you up.

Edgewater12
08-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Maybe the fins will have a good year but I highly doubt it I mean we did let go of thebest receivers in the nfl. But it's not like we have a QB who could throw the ball to him

rp001
08-21-2012, 05:10 PM
I fell in love with the Fish when I saw Mercury Morris run. I stand by my past statements that he would have been declared the greatest running back of all time had he been playing with any other team. He really was superfluous with Kiich, Griese, Czonka, et al. But I loved him. I was truly saddened by his downfall to cocaine.

Considering I lived in California at the time and the Bay Area had the Traitors, becoming a Dolfan took nerve. I do remember having to leave more than one game at the Coliseum because I was cheering the "wrong" team. And I know that Miami would have had two undefeated seasons had they not had to play Oakland at the Coliseum the year before. Before Oakland's side trip to LA, Miami could never beat Oakland at home. The fans were just too great of a player in their own right.

I do plead guilty to totally ignoring my team when Johnson was coach. That is man I could never like nor respect. It broke my heart to see him lead the Dolfins. But I had no doubt that Miami would come back after Johnson left. I'm so glad to see it starting.

I hope you're enjoying the game. I'm so jealous. I really did enjoy going to Candlestick and cheering for my Fish. At least Whiner fans don't threaten to beat you up.

You folks brought tears to my eyes...Remember '72? Didn't all three of them get over 1000 yds...I happen to be a czonka fan, well Mandich, Little, Morral,can't remember the middle Linebacker or wide receivers though..Wait a minute, Paul Warfield...Also heard sadly Jim Mandich died of some form of cancer..Loved his radio show almost as much as Neil Rogers...

Shimpy
08-22-2012, 03:48 PM
You folks brought tears to my eyes...Remember '72? Didn't all three of them get over 1000 yds...I happen to be a czonka fan, well Mandich, Little, Morral,can't remember the middle Linebacker or wide receivers though..Wait a minute, Paul Warfield...Also heard sadly Jim Mandich died of some form of cancer..Loved his radio show almost as much as Neil Rogers...

Seems to me that the MLB was Manny Fernandez. Also to note on defense was Jake Scott. Don't forget Larry Seiple the kicker who by the way lives here in The Villages.

rp001
08-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Seems to me that the MLB was Manny Fernandez. Also to note on defense was Jake Scott. Don't forget Larry Seiple the kicker who by the way lives here in The Villages.

Nick Bunnocotti (sp?) was middle linebacker..Manny fernandez was a defensive lineman...A helluva good one too..I remember a book written by Csonka called "Always On the run"..Tells the stories of him, Fernandez,and Jim Kick sneaking out of training camp at night and generally raising hell in the two county area...Shula turned his head...AS long as they performed..I met Seiple many times and he is a good guy...I believe Seiple caught the winning touchdown pass in the super bowll...He punted, quarterbacked,was a wide receiver, and played on the special teams...Shula absolutely loved him. Almost as much as Csonka.

Shimpy
08-22-2012, 05:57 PM
...I believe Seiple caught the winning touchdown pass in the super bowll...He punted, quarterbacked,was a wide receiver, and played on the special teams...Shula absolutely loved him. Almost as much as Csonka.

Seiple is most remembered by his fake punt against the Steelers. He was running down the field carrying the ball with Pittsburgh players running in front of him looking for the ball in the air. That was the actual beginning of the Steelers gaining top status. Seiple said he did it on his own and it was OK with Shula as long as it worked.
I lived in Hollywood Fla. and worked at Sears during that time and met several players including Manny Fernandez, Earl Morral, and Norm Evans.

Shimpy
08-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Can you Dolphin fans remember the longest game in the NFL history? Miami played Kansas City. I was watching it at my brothers house and my wife keep calling wanting me to come home for Christmas dinner, but the game kept going on and on. Finally Garo kicked a winning field goal.

rp001
08-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Can you Dolphin fans remember the longest game in the NFL history? Miami played Kansas City. I was watching it at my brothers house and my wife keep calling wanting me to come home for Christmas diner, but the game kept going on and on. Finally Garo kicked a winning field goal.

The irony of that game is Kansas City's kicker, Jan Steneroud, was picked for the AFC's pro bowl...Caro was not. Caro won the game and I believe at that time it was the longest kick in history...Not bad for a tie salesman..LOL