PDA

View Full Version : Platelet Donation 04-04-2016

Taltarzac725
04-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Yesterday I donated platelets and they passed out a $10 e-mail gift pass card which was nice as was another St. Patrick's Day themed t-shirt.

Blanca sort of suggested that they could use some new movies donated for us platelet users to watch.

The Pelican Brief started at about the half-way mark so I watched that for about an hour and then switched to Swamp People on the History Channel as soon as the gals figured out how to get the cable back on from the DVD setting. Mary finally came into save the day even if I just watched some Louisianans compete with Texans as to who could catch the biggest alligator.

Hope someone will help the One Blood office here in the Villages get some more DVDs so I am not beset again by what look like rednecks killing alligators for fun and profit.

leftyf
04-13-2016, 08:31 AM
I donated platelets again on 4/8. There was no rewards program going on and I was the only one there most of the time. 2 whole blood donors and no other platelet donors while I was there. The girls said it's always dead when there are no rewards.

Taltarzac725
04-13-2016, 08:40 AM
I donated platelets again on 4/8. There was no rewards program going on and I was the only one there most of the time. 2 whole blood donors and no other platelet donors while I was there. The girls said it's always dead when there are no rewards.

They do have to fix this. You do have to take into account that people do more often than not act on self-interest.

Next week I have another platelet donation set up. I hope Blanca picked up some good DVDs in the Wal-Mart $5 bin.

I should be at 11 gallons soon. You must be closing on 10 fast???

I have a lot of self-interest going on in the 224 613 Project. It is very complicated though. Google Taltarzac725 if you are interested in this. I have a lot of my One Blood donation information sheets up too as I hope to get more people donating blood by having those up there.

leftyf
04-14-2016, 08:27 AM
Did you ever think of stopping at Redbox and picking up a movie to take with you? You can get one right there at Publix, next door.

Actually, I don't even keep track of my donations. I just give every 2 weeks until I reach my limit.

Taltarzac725
04-14-2016, 08:33 AM
Did you ever think of stopping at Redbox and picking up a movie to take with you? You can get one right there at Publix, next door.

Actually, I don't even keep track of my donations. I just give every 2 weeks until I reach my limit.

I was not sure they allowed you to bring in your own movie. I do sometimes get movies from that Redbox at that Publix after I donate.

Maybe, I will do that.

One thing. I do not want to be shocked by some movie that I have not seen yet while I have needles in each arm severely limiting my movements. And I have been quite surprised by movies since Dustin Hoffman's Outbreak in 1995 in Petaluma, CA.