PDA

View Full Version : Heavy armor for my return to the multi-modal paths

twoplanekid
04-15-2016, 02:30 PM
A friend built this American Sherman shaped tank over this past winter in Ohio. It mounts on a golf cart and the turret does turn. He was inspired to design a golf cart tank after visiting his brother who lives in The Villages. I would love to run around the Villages in this upon my return to TV in the fall.

photo1902
04-15-2016, 02:32 PM
A friend built this American Sherman shaped tank over this past winter in Ohio. It mounts on a golf cart and the turret does turn. He was inspired to design a golf cart tank after visiting his brother who lives in The Villages. I would love to run around the Villages in this upon my return to TV in the fall.

Very cool

rubicon
04-15-2016, 02:34 PM
People are concerned about cars driving onto MMP. Are you sure you would like to drive this tank. On the serious side I do not view driving the MMP's as being risky. I have more concerns about being hit by a golf ball then a golf cart.

flyerguy
04-15-2016, 02:50 PM

Most importantly, do the weapons work? :D

justjim
04-15-2016, 03:00 PM
An accident can happen anytime and anywhere. I think about the two ladies who died while traveling the MMT near the colony tunnel just a few weeks ago. RIP. A cart that looks like a tank is pretty cool.

redwitch
04-15-2016, 03:52 PM
Cool! Would love to drive around in one.

dbussone
04-15-2016, 04:23 PM
Most importantly, do the weapons work? :D

And how well does it stand up to faux RPGs?

DonH57
04-15-2016, 05:14 PM

Oh Yeah. You are so set for the MMP's:coolsmiley:

Biker Dog
04-16-2016, 04:37 AM
Good luck going thru the tunnels.

Taltarzac725
04-16-2016, 06:57 AM

Where does he drive it now???

twoplanekid
04-16-2016, 08:46 AM
He plans to drive it in local parades around Urbana, Ohio. I do believe that the 50 cal. on the turret might need to be removed for the tunnels. He wants to have working weapons. :clap2:

and -> https://premierraces.com/component/eventbooking/races-running-events-in-columbus-central-ohio/550-military-appreciation-5k-2016

Taltarzac725
04-16-2016, 08:52 AM
He plans to drive it in local parades around Urbana, Ohio. I do believe that the 50 cal. on the turret might need to be removed for the tunnels. He wants to have working weapons. :clap2:

and -> https://premierraces.com/component/eventbooking/races-running-events-in-columbus-central-ohio/550-military-appreciation-5k-2016

I would have loved to have had one of those when playing war with Ron Hess back in Reno, Nevada in the 1970s. My inner 14 year old is still here.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
04-16-2016, 09:56 AM
Cute, but I don't think it's necessary for the MMPs which I don't find to be a problem.

One thing about the tank is that it appears to me to very limited visability. I'd probably be more concerned if I saw that on the MMPs.

Nucky
04-16-2016, 10:15 AM
The Peterbilt Tractor will have a run for the Money now. What a skill putting something like that together. Beautiful.