PDA

View Full Version : Marley & Me = Sadie Mae

F16 1UB
12-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Marley & Me is just about as close as you can come to the definition of our 14month old Irish Setter Sadie Mae. The movie was good, not great, but with a sad ending. For pet lovers a real tear jerker lump in your throat flick. The antics of this dog were mirrored from our dog. Talk about hitting close to home. After the movie 6 of us went out to eat and then home. Once home we discovered that our "Marley" had taken the Christmas door mat from the front door and placed it in the driveway. Then I saw that she'd rearranged the down spout, attempted to remove the cable tv service from the side of the house, and pulled up the weed matting from under the mulch. :cus: You may ask "why do these people still have this dog"? Because we're dog lovers.

F16

Whalen
12-25-2008, 08:26 PM
You may ask "why do these people still have this dog"? Because we're dog lovers.

And she entertains all of us and makes us laugh.

Merry Christmas!

From Bristol & Charlotte
(The Whalen Cats)

graciegirl
12-25-2008, 09:02 PM
We AlMOST went to see Marley and Me today. I am so glad we didn't if it was sad at the end. I don't pay good money to be sad at the end.

I am sorry Sadie Mae is such a trial. I think you should give her to me.

Barefoot
12-26-2008, 12:29 AM
F16, when I read the book Marley and Me, I thought about Sadie Mae. Your stories are so funny.

I read the book aloud to Fireboy while we were travelling, we both just loved it. We stopped before the final chapters, we couldn't bear to hear about Marley dying.

So here is a serious question. When we go to see the movie, at what point do we get up and leave the theatre? We don't want to see the sad ending.

F16 1UB
12-26-2008, 06:52 AM
So here is a serious question. When we go to see the movie, at what point do we get up and leave the theatre? We don't want to see the sad ending.

Once the pole dancer starts doing her crazy girations... Oh wait a minute. That was another movie. Matter of fact - I don't even remember the plot but seemed to recall something about hourly room rental at a Motel 7. Hey Handie what was the name of that chick flick? :angel::icon_twisted:

Rev "F16"

redwitch
12-26-2008, 07:46 AM
I'm glad to hear that our Marley had a good Christmas. Sounds like she had a lot of fun while being left at home alone. I know you don't appreciate her antics, but we do! Thank you for the chuckle.

Julie
12-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Marley and Me is a very good movie, especially if you love dogs. I have a little dog named Buddy (I know it's such an original dog name) whose nickname is "Bad Boy Buddy." After seeing M&M I realized Buddy's practically a saint.

SPOILER ALERT!!!....SPOILER ALERT!!!...SPOILER ALERT!!!

DO NOT READ BELOW THIS LINE IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SPOILING THE END OF THE MOVIE:

Barefoot, I don't recommend leaving before the sad ending since the overall message is that dogs are full fledged family members brings home the end of the movie. Also they have some cute out takes along with the credits. However, if you must exit before any sadness begins, leave the first time Marley is found lying on the ground under the tree. This will be a safe point.

nONIE
12-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Knowing Bare the way I do, If Marley is laying under the tree because shes not feeling good, it wont be a safe point for her.

Bare is the most sensitive kindhearted animal lover I know. She cant stand to see an animal even close to any kind of distress.

Bare I dont think Im going to see that movie at all, mabe you ought to consider the same!

If you cried in Lassie and Rin Tin Tin movies even when they werent sad, then mabe this isnt the movie for us, I like to walk out of a movie feeling really good, not the slightest bit down.

Barefoot
12-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Barefoot, I don't recommend leaving before the sad ending since the overall message is that dogs are full fledged family members brings home the end of the movie.

For sure, I'm seeing the movie. But I'll also leave when Marley has trouble walking upstairs (an exit point suggested by F16). As Nonie has said, I just can't bear to see animals in pain or being put down.

Julie, I sure know that dogs are full fledged family members. I've had many dogs and two horses, and have always been with them when we said our last goodbye. And I've cried over them for years. I know that seeing the end of the Marley movie would bring it all back. So I'll just be watching the first 1 1/2 hours.

Thanks for your notes F16, Julie and Nonie. ;)

grandma-annie
12-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Barefoot....
We tried to see Marley and Me on Christmas but the lines were too long... We are dog lovers also....

Herb
12-26-2008, 11:02 PM
The book was just to sad for me. I had hopes that the movie would not be sad. Thanks to my fellow members I will pass the movie. Thank you all for your input.
Herb

diskman
12-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Marley & Me greatest family movie we have ever seen. Laughed for an hour and a half. Yes there is a sad seen at the end. We think it was good for our 13 yr old grand daughter to see this, to prepare her for a time when a pet of her's might need this. :blahblahblah::blahblahblah: