PDA

View Full Version : Bourbon Street closing??

novelchick
01-03-2009, 05:50 PM
now i hear Bourbon Street is closing?? anyone know?? i love blues music and think the place is good. only problem is dance floor way too small. need much larger dance floor. do hope it stays around though.

texasfal
01-04-2009, 05:38 PM
I was there for lunch today with 42 of my closest friends for a birthday party. The food was great as was the service. They are not closing yet!

olegirl
01-05-2009, 09:11 AM
If you haven't been to Bourbon St lately, try it again. They have expanded the dance floor and taken out some partitions and you can sit back further if you thought the music was too loud.

They have a schedule of what entertainers are performing on a monthly basis at the front counter.

I'd love to see this place make it, but we have to patronize to make that happen.

chelsea24
01-31-2009, 09:06 AM
It would be a real shame if Bourbon Street closed. I like the atmosphere and especially the Fried Green Tomatoes. Yum! I hope TV won't just be invaded with all chain restaurants. Although I do love Red Lobster, Olive Garden, etc. I like the uniqueness of privately owned places.

Am I making sense? :mornincoffee: It's too early!

beady
01-31-2009, 09:29 AM
I would say that they are not closing....based on the classified ad in today's paper. Says something about front to back staff needed.:shrug::shrug:

Whalen
01-31-2009, 09:47 AM
It would be a real shame if Bourbon Street closed. I like the atmosphere and especially the Fried Green Tomatoes. Yum! I hope TV won't just be invaded with all chain restaurants. Although I do love Red Lobster, Olive Garden, etc. I like the uniqueness of privately owned places.

Am I making sense? :mornincoffee: It's too early!

Perfect sense.
Chains are OK, but there is nothing better than a locally owned and operated restaurant. Especially ethnic restaurants, Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Greek, Thai, Indian ete.etc etc.IMHO
Is dinner ready?:icon_hungry:

CTgolfer
01-31-2009, 09:51 AM
And was very disappointed. We love New Orleans foods, so it was a no-brainer for us to try Bourbon Street. Service was average at best. The waitress went back 3 times to the kitchen to find out what the nightly specials were and all 3 times came back indicating they didn't give her an answer. We finally ordered off the menu. Food was not good that evening. 4 in our party and only 2 enjoyed their meal. We'll give it another try, since we would love to see them make it.

ptownrob
03-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Bourbon St. doen't lok like it's clodsing based on the crowds. Food is great & reasonable & the music at night feels like a real nite-club!

2catsmeow
03-31-2009, 05:45 AM
I heard they got a new chef - didn't one of their old ones go to Havana after their kitchen shake up? Anyone else hear anything?

OutsiderWithInterest
03-31-2009, 10:58 PM