PDA

View Full Version : Neurologist Recommendations

islandgal
01-08-2009, 04:29 AM
Can anyone recommend a good neurologist - not necessarily in TV.

Thanks

graciegirl
01-08-2009, 06:42 AM
I think your best bet is in Gainesville where there is a large teaching hospital associated with the University. Hoping all is well and sending hugs. Your friend, Gracie

KathieI
01-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Can anyone recommend a good neurologist - not necessarily in TV.

Thanks

Wiwi (islandgal), I have one in Tampa, maybe even Bradenton, who I plan to go to cause I think he's good. He worked on my dad last month when we thought he had a stroke. If you want, I'll send you his name but its a long distance to travel. Let me know.

Floridagal
01-08-2009, 05:46 PM
I just went to see Dr. Jacoma on 27/441 next to Foxy Rugs and I think he is just wonderful.

KathieI
01-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Ohhh thanks, Floridagal, I'll give him a try. Better than traveling all the way to Tampa, huh!

Hancle704
01-08-2009, 08:51 PM
I just went to see Dr. Jacoma on 27/441 next to Foxy Rugs and I think he is just wonderful.

My wife would agree because she has been one of his patients for several years. He has helped her greatly with her Migraines. FYI, his main office is at 2121 SW 22nd Place, Ocala telephone 861-5333. and he only sees patients in Summerfield on Mondays. If you are unwilling to travel to Ocala, you may find that it will be months before you can schedule an appointment for the Summerfield office. Also be prepared for 1-2 hour waits as he seems unable to schedule patient time efficiently. He gives you time when he is with you, but you should take reading material to his office.

There is also another Neurologist in Leesberg that was recommended by my PCP. His name is M. Afzal Choudhy. He is certified in Neurology and Electrodiagnostic Medicine. He is also an Affiliate Assistant Professor, Neurology, Univ. of So. FL.
His office is located at 620 S. Lake St, Suite 6 Leesburg, telephone 323-1758.

Office is across from LRMC at rear of lot shared with Lake Medical Imaging. His appointments are usually kept close to time given and he seemed very thorough and knowledgable in my few visits with him.

Hope this is helpful.

KathieI
01-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks, Hancle...good information. I have heard of Dr. Choudhy, I think he's in my insurance coverage cause I know I've heard his name before. I'll try him since he's so much closer, glad you liked him. Thanks, Kathie

novelchick
01-09-2009, 01:34 PM
i go to Shands Hospital in Gainsville every three months for injections for neuroligical problem. They are a teaching hospital and deal with all neurological conditions including Parkinsons.

graciegirl
01-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Someone recently had a period of blindness and brain surgery if I remember correctly. There was a whole thread about it. Maybe that person can PM you with her doctor here in the area.

islandgal
01-09-2009, 06:19 PM
:thumbup:
Thank you all very much for the helpful information....