PDA

View Full Version : Reaching out to Star-EV cart owners & mechanics

alwann
05-15-2016, 02:36 PM
Does yours squeak like a box full of mice?

My Star cart, only six months old, is haunted by annoying squeaks. Not rattles, but squeaks, like something needs oil, graphite, rubber lube, whatever. The dealer's techs have looked at it three times, including taking it into the shop. But the annoying squeaks remain.

Is this the nature of the beast? Other carts I've owned didn't squeak, but they were gas and maybe I couldn't hear the squeaks over the engine noise.

I'm at a loss to know what to tighten or grease, and obviously, the service guys don't have clue either. It didn't squeak when I bought it, brand new. Now a few months later it does. FYI, this is an SST model with the high-back seats, dash, etc.

Any insights you wish to share will be appreciated. It's a gorgeous cart. I went with electric for the quiet. It ain't quiet!

sirknor
05-15-2016, 03:40 PM
Mine had a squeak in the top and needed more rivets. The low profile tires make the cart bounce and shake. I added more air to the tires to minimize the shake and added more rivets to the top to hold it tighter. This might not be your problem but check it out.

JoMar
05-15-2016, 06:07 PM
My Star did squeak, during the annual service in my driveway the service guy knew what it was, lubed the proper areas and they went away. Since your cart is new they should come out and take care of it. Some of what you hear is because you have electric, the sound of gas engines covers a multitude of noises. We also have a ParCar and that is built more solid (also costs significantly more than a Star so it should be) than the Star.

Bay Kid
05-17-2016, 08:21 AM
A little music will cover most of the noise. Seriously they are golf carts. They ride hard and make noise, gas or electric.