PDA

View Full Version : Where the Buffalo (used to) Roam

glgene
01-12-2009, 06:30 PM
I vacationed at TV last September, when they started pushing dirt around at where the Buffalo roamed. Came back 2 mos. later (during a business trip nearby), and a gazillion Villas were up. WOW! Still some space to go, as of 2 mos. ago.

Are they selling units there, or is it just for persons trying out the Preview program? That's a lot of previewers at any one time.

Anything besides Villas there?

Any info on the area where the buffalo roamed would be appreciated. Does that village have a name?

GL Gene

villages07
01-12-2009, 07:15 PM
gl...

quick answers...

area is Creekside Landing (or something like that); all to be used initially for lifestyle preview and perhaps longer term rentals outside of snowbird season....will be operating as of Feb 1.

approx 180 villas and 22 designer homes.

Barefoot
01-13-2009, 12:50 AM
I had company in December. The first question they asked was "Where did the buffalo go?"

I still really miss the buffalo. :cryin2: I realize they never "belonged" to us, the residents. Still, it is sad to see them gone.

glgene
01-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Thanks for village name and details.

Of the 22 designer homes, what models are they? Price range?

GL Gene

villages07
01-13-2009, 09:37 PM
GL,

Designers all have siding rather than block/stucco.... I believe they are the equivalent of the gardenia/Lantana models, ie. 3BR and approx 2,000 sq ft.

These will rent for $175/night on the preview program ... includes golf cart, bicycles, some meals, golf etc.

The 2 BR villas rent for $150/night, same perks.

These rental rates are per couple, high season (i.e. thru 4/1)

These houses are NOT for sale, only for preview...perhaps for longer term rentals outside of high season.

Muncle
01-14-2009, 02:10 AM
:bowdown:GL,

Designers all have siding rather than block/stucco.... I believe they are the equivalent of the gardenia/Lantana models, ie. 3BR and approx 2,000 sq ft.

These will rent for $175/night on the preview program ... includes golf cart, bicycles, some meals, golf etc.

The 2 BR villas rent for $150/night, same perks.

These rental rates are per couple, high season (i.e. thru 4/1)

These houses are NOT for sale, only for preview...perhaps for longer term rentals outside of high season.

Dang, 07, you do gather information quickly and reliably. :bowdown: That time you were in MD outside of DC, you weren't with the NSA, were you???

villages07
01-14-2009, 04:37 AM
Muncle,

Haha...government yes, spy no.

I had called the sales office about a month ago inquiring about the preview program and the new cottages. As we talk to friends back north about how wonderful the Villages is, we try to encourage them to do the preview (rather than staying with us!!!). It really is a great deal, gives them some privacy, and sure makes life easier for us.

The devil is in the details....

Thanks for the compliment (I think...):beer3:

graciegirl
01-14-2009, 06:47 AM
SHE is our good ole reliable Village 07 always there with the facts, concise, fair, clear, on time, ..............and although SHE says she was not a spy....I have long lingering doubts about it. Come on...07, confess now, we won't tell anyone.