PDA

View Full Version : Any Nightlife For Singles in TV?

wilt2448
01-14-2009, 10:35 PM
I will be staying in TV for the month of March. I like to dance....east coast, west coast. Where should I go to meet other singles who like to dance?

I've heard about Katie Belle's....how good is it? I don't drink so I don't care about that.

Is there anywhere else in TV or nearby outside TV, or is that about it?

Singles....men and women please chime in.

Thanks.....Wilt

mr bob
01-18-2009, 11:10 PM
s far as looking for dance partners I've heard there are two town squares
that have music. I don't what your preference is but I'm sure you will find it there..

redwitch
01-19-2009, 12:32 AM
You don't have to drink to dance at Katie Belle's. They usually have pretty good groups there, even a country night. The dance floor gets pretty crowded, but you can still move. Ditto for the town squares. There's also other local bars. On top of that, many of the singles groups have frequent dances and other get togethers. Have no fear, you'll do fine. Men who like to dance are in high demand. :pepper2:

wcsdanzer
10-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Wilt2248:

I see you are a wcs dancer. How good are you? I love WCS and am quite good at it. Katie Bells have ballroom dancers on Sunday afternoon and Tuesday at 5:30 with Toni D. playing. You might try it sometime. Do you also ballroom dance? We are always looking for new dancers.

Barefoot
10-28-2012, 11:15 PM
You should send a PM to KathieI in case she misses this thread. She will take you under her wing. She is the official Dancing Queen.

chachacha
10-29-2012, 10:32 AM
the waterfront inn in lake sumter landing has music almost every night...monday is a good singles night, and on wed the sumter singles group hangs out there for dancing, too. many enjoy city fire, also in LSL... have not even checked out our new square in Brownwood yet but hopefully there will be a club or restaurant there, too, in addition to the square. believe me, red witch is right about men who can dance being in high demand! :) you will have a great visit!

eweissenbach
10-29-2012, 10:49 AM
I can't speak to the availability of single dance partners, but I have been to Katie Belles many times and the quality of dancers that regularly go there is stellar, in my opinion.

RiteLucky
10-29-2012, 10:59 AM
I will be staying in TV for the month of March. I like to dance....east coast, west coast. Where should I go to meet other singles who like to dance?

I've heard about Katie Belle's....how good is it? I don't drink so I don't care about that.

Thanks.....Wilt

Wilt,
Monday is singles night at Waterfront and Tuesday is best dance music for ballroom dancers at Katie Belle's (must spend $5 or they will charge a $5 cover charge), but you have to look around for some singles at Katie Belle's. I'm taking West coast swing lessons right now (we have a new WC swing club that gives lessons, but you need a partner). I go to Katie Belle's most Tuesday nights and Waterfront occasionally. If you send me a PM I'll meet you and introduce you to some of the singles I know, but most only do east coast swing. The Villages Singles Club meets the 1st and 3rd Mondays and we have many ballroom dancers there. They charge $5 for guests or you can join for $15 a year. Contact me before you go and I'll save you a seat and introduce you to some of my dancing friends!!
Ellen

daca55
10-31-2012, 05:56 AM
the waterfront inn in lake sumter landing has music almost every night...monday is a good singles night, and on wed the sumter singles group hangs out there for dancing, too. many enjoy city fire, also in LSL... have not even checked out our new square in Brownwood yet but hopefully there will be a club or restaurant there, too, in addition to the square. believe me, red witch is right about men who can dance being in high demand! :) you will have a great visit!

Can you give me some landmarks as to the location of the Waterfront Inn. I thought I knew all the dance places in TV but I think I missed that one.

Bob

rhsgypsylady
10-31-2012, 07:04 AM
Can you give me some landmarks as to the location of the Waterfront Inn. I thought I knew all the dance places in TV but I think I missed that one.

Bob

Waterfront Inn is the big hotel in Lake Sumter behind Cody's restaurant.

Also, on Tuesdays and Fridays there are live Blues bands in McCalls in Spanish Springs. McCalls is behind Chico's.

livan
10-31-2012, 07:47 AM
There's one man who's always dancing @ Katie Belle's - he doesn't even move much to the faster dances - and always seems to make the rounds with the women ... he smiles a lot ... the women seem to love him ! ... anyway - good luck !

two2dance
12-21-2012, 11:56 AM

looking for an experienced dancer...for all dances

kittygilchrist
12-22-2012, 05:01 AM
Wilt,
I have spent a couple of months at TV and am having a house built expecting to move there in spring. I do most dances, including ECS/WCS. There are classes and some dances going on, but most of the time people come with a partner and don't dance with other people, which keeps the dancing immature.
I'm not sure when I'll be moving, but hope to find guys like you to dance with when I do move. There is a singles ballroom class where you might meet a partner.
Kitty

Thanks.....Wilt

kittygilchrist
12-22-2012, 05:23 AM
another thought: to see the recreation news you can google daily sun recreation news. the alpha list starts about page 33. A guy could meet women dancers at the very popular line dance classes. Katie Belle's is mostly rock and roll. A few tunes are west coastable and many ok for ecs. It's often crowded, and most everyone is free styling. there are experienced dancers in Ocala and Wildwood, and wcs/2 step are popular.